Agirl10
OrangeTortoise

do you like someone because of the way they look?

Agirl10 has forfeited round #4.
Started: 5/21/2018 Category: Fashion
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Agirl10

Con

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

If you like someone just because of the way they look you are just a shallow person. I might like someone who is cute but I also like him because he is a nice and sweet. He stood up for me when I didn't expect him to. What happened was when I was getting mad because another boy was annoying me when I had already told him to stop he told the boy to just stop annoying me because and he also told him that he was being a real big jerk. He is also sweet because he will help me with stuff and if I ask him to grab me something for me when he is going to go grab it for himself he will get it for me. I hate the shallow people who say they like someone because the person is hot or cute or whatever they want to say. I tell my brother all the time ever time he tells me that he likes a girl because she is hot. I tell him that I like the person I like because of their personality and because they are really nice to me all the time. I will also tell my brother that if you are saying that you are ust a shallow person and I thought you were better than that. Lastly, if you look someone just because of their looks you could be liking the most selfish, stuck up, and evil person that you know and you don't even care all that you care about is that they are hot or cute.

I say once again "Don't judge a book by its cover."
OrangeTortoise

Pro

There's nothing wrong with a purely sexual/physical relationship. There's nothing wrong with liking someone for their personality. A relationship is a relationship despite its flaws or other people's opinions. Isn't that supposed to be the case?
Agirl10

Con

With you saying that a relationship is a relationship and that a physical relationship is good to me that is just a pleasure relationship because if the person I liked asked me out I wouldn't say yes for pleasure I would say yes because I like him and he is a really nice and sweet person. If you are in a relationship with someone for pleasure when they are evil I would never like that I like someone because of their personality I don't care if they are ugly. I had once liked a boy with long hair and he was really ugly but I liked him because we were such good friends and he was so nice. Like I said early and I will keep saying this over and over again, "Don't judge a book by its cover." and if you like someone just because of their looks there is something wrong with you.
OrangeTortoise

Pro

If you're not taking pleasure in a relationship, you're not happy. Also, it's biologically necessary to like someone for their looks, not just their personality. If we were all content with dating ugly people and not having sex with said ugly person, then the human race would eventually cease to exist. Attractiveness is important in a relationship, as it secures the survival of the species. You ever see a female peacock with a dull colored male? That's because even something as inferior as a bird knows that the more attractive it is, the more fertile/better mate it is, as it will likely create bright colored children and those children will eventually mate. Keep living in your dream world where people are nice to each other and looks don't matter, where you can all prance in a field of daisies and talk about how it's the personality that matters.
Agirl10

Con

I'm not saying that you cant have pleasure I'm just saying that if all you want to do in a relationship is have sex there is something wrong with you. I don't care about the attractiveness of a person I liked a short ugly boy with long hair and that didn't matter to me all that matters in a relationship is that you are happy.
OrangeTortoise

Pro

Can you explain why it's wrong to only have sex in a relationship? Why does there need to be any emotional attachment? What if they're only happy in a purely sexual relationship?
Posted by SirNoodles518 3 years ago
SirNoodles518
I personally think it's a mixture of both. I wouldn't want to date someone who is extremely ugly yet I wouldn't date the most good looking girl in the world if she had a shitty personality