timmyjames
IWillTumblrShameYou

does moral truth exist without a God?

timmyjames

Con

If this world is just science, Then where does truth come from?
IWillTumblrShameYou

Pro

Hello Timmy. This is a very good question. I'm here to answer it. Does moral truth exist without God? Now I myself are a Atheist. I
don't believe there is a God. But I still do believe that in many situation's moral truth will exist no matter what. Now let me explain some science for you. This mainly has to do with how your brain works and some psychology. I would like to talk about something called "Moral Psychology". This is a field in the study of psychology and philosophy where they study how humans treat morals and what's right and what's wrong. I need to tell you something. People don't naturally want to kill each other. This is thanks to a study called the Moral Truth. You know those feelings in your stomach that make you feel guilty? That is when blood flow to organs stop due to a action that you have done that is wrong. This is what moral truth is and it can exist without God.
timmyjames

Con

Thanks pro for the response

First, I will define moral

Moral: of, Relating to, Or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical.

So in other words, Does moral truth exist if God does not exist? Can we correctly decipher objective right and wrong if there is no absolute authority?

If all this world is is chemical reactions, Physics, Etc, Then how does produce proper logical inference? How does it produce truth? How can you know moral truth if all your brain is is chemical reactions? One chemical reactions leads to another chemical reaction and thus, No matter what moral truth you come up with, I can always respond with, "your brain made you say that. " How can your conclusions be trusted as being correct if all they are are just chemical reactions? People have different views of moral truth all the time and none of them can claim that their views of morality are exclusive. It's not even a matter of truth anymore, It is a matter of "my chemical reactions are better than your chemical reactions. "

This debate will come down to whether or not natural laws produce truth. For example, Let's take baking soda and vinegar. You see them explode, It all bubbles up, Does that produce moral truth? Of course not. This example might seem a little ridiculous but if this world is just chemistry, Physics etc. Then that's what it reduces to. You cannot create truth from natural laws without presupposing that natural laws can produce truth
IWillTumblrShameYou

Pro

IWillTumblrShameYou forfeited this round.
timmyjames

Con

timmyjames forfeited this round.
IWillTumblrShameYou

Pro

timmyjames

Con

timmyjames forfeited this round.
IWillTumblrShameYou

Pro

timmyjames

Con

timmyjames forfeited this round.
IWillTumblrShameYou

Pro

Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
I am not discussing this anymore. We are friends, Missmedic, Not lovers
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Yeah I agree with missmedic totally. Or are you faking it 100% and you and jack one and the same? No surprise either way.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
I don't want to change you as a person timmy. You don't get to just be you in which you are not if that makes any sense to you at all and I'm sure it doesn't ---now--- but it will ---possibly--- in later years. Right now I know that you/ jack are a great con job(s) seeking negative attention waging war on others with your attempts to convert others into YOUR ideals of your fake fraudulent religion in which you cannot prove your god even exists.
But like I said I'm done lecturing. Do as you will. Be your own funeral.

I won't bother you/ jack anymore unless you/ jack decides to compose your immature fake debates. Please tc and have fun.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
You to sound more like lovers then friends
Let me ask you this if Jack helped you off the elephant would you help Jack off the elephant?
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
You cannot change the fact that me and Jack are genuine friends. I know you really want to but sorry, You can't
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
timmyjames "Christianity is not based off of faith alone" So now you are plagiarizing jackiebaby?
"There are a lot of people who claims they are Christians, But aren't. " You're getting it.

"Of course his love for God is greater than our friendship" Then that's not a friendship if its based on a belief. Especially if he is willing to sacrifice his life for a belief over you. That's not in any possible way a genuine friendship. What it is, Is supreme idiocy.

OK I'm done lecturing. If you don't get it, You never will. You have a lot of growing up to do That much is clear. I wish you the best. Please tc and have fun.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
missmedic - and don't forget especially that comes with christianity is that false sense of power. Also there is that sense of loneliness (though they will deny it), And yeah of course there is that beautiful crematorium awe of absolute denial, And we cannot forget about that domineering monstrosity huggable oh so close to them flavor ever present factor gullibility that waivers as if they are hard of hearing.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
The content of our consciousness is the ultimate reality.
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
Your brain made you say that
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
You are right Christianity is not based on faith alone, There is also guilt, Shame, Fear and hatred.