ife.ani
RMTheSupreme

does true love exist

ife.ani

Pro

I'll let con make their point first.
RMTheSupreme

Con

Let's hit you with a triple-angle Burden-of-Proof (BoP) that you are going to quiver in your boots for daring to uphold against a god-tier debater like me:

1) Prove that love, as its own emotion, is any different to addiction in the early phases of a 'good relationship' and that as the relationship progresses that the love is not simply recycled so one keeps falling in love with the other over and over again (helped by bias in favor of the lover) meaning that the 'fruition of love' never occurs and never surpasses that of addiction to the other's personality and company (as well as their addiction to one's own personality and company).

2) The concept of soulmates and true love requires Determinism to be true on a supernatural level which is better known as 'Fate'. I actually believe in Fate personally but since this is a debate and I'm allowed to play devil's advocate I am going to ask you to prove this beyond reasonable doubt as opposed to a reality where random number generator runs the so-called 'matrix' in which all that exists operates meaning whoever you end up with and how good a match anyone out there is for you is totally randomised at the core of its being.

3) True love is almost always used in a monogamous sense. Unless you are open to polyamory, you need to prove that all humans are destined to love one other human being more than the rest no more no less in absence of peer preassure from society to do so.

Meet this triple-angled BoP and you win the debate.
ife.ani

Pro

I'm sorry to answer your long and thoughtful statement with this but true love exists mainly because love runs the world so if true love didn't exist the world would not exist.
jonh3:16 , for god so loved the world so much that he gave his one and only son so that everyone who believed in him would not perish but have eternal life.
(sorry to end on a quote ut its the truth!)
RMTheSupreme

Con

True love is that between soulmates, usually between a man and a woman.

Love =/= True Love

God is not said to love us romantically.

Also, you have to prove the Bible true to win.
ife.ani

Pro

i never meant true love as in a romantic sense but in the general sense, a love a mother typically has for her child a force so strong noone can break it.also for a bestfriend kind of love, or a family pet. i cant honestly think of a truer love than those.

love: an unstoppable force that makes the world go around, the reason we were put on earth, seeing someone and connecting with their soul and knowing you would never do anything to hurt them.
RMTheSupreme

Con

The world 'going round' is not due to love and love has yet to be proven real let alone 'true love'.

Pro has not met their BoP.
Posted by ife.ani 3 years ago
ife.ani
u man are actually sick in the head
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
"does true love exist".. Yes why not. If it does not you just have to re-define what it is..
Posted by DuncanEVP 3 years ago
DuncanEVP
holy SH!T love is fun

my dog has nipples
Posted by ife.ani 3 years ago
ife.ani
My computers messed up sorry.
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
You know you didn't have send out 10 of the same comments?

You are right there are different kinds of love....i glad that you explained yourself....
Posted by ife.ani 3 years ago
ife.ani
It is kind of sad to me that you believe that Nd2400 when love is all that we are and all that we will ever be the love that you are talking about is in a marital sense but i'm referring to all kinds of love the love a mother has for a child the love you have for a best friend or the love you have for a family pet even i think those are all different types of love but are all true because true love isn't measured in how sexy they look or they share the same goals as me its measure in (this is going to be cheesy but) the way you connect to their soul even see beyond the exterior and see their heats and knowing that you would do anything for this person even give your life.
Posted by ife.ani 3 years ago
ife.ani
Posted by ife.ani 3 years ago
ife.ani
Posted by ife.ani 3 years ago
ife.ani
Posted by ife.ani 3 years ago
ife.ani
Vote Placed by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
ife.aniRMTheSupremeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't really give a definition of true love or give logical reasons why any of their examples were true love. BoP confuses me, so I say a tie. As I do not feel Con gave evidence that true love did Not exist. If the title was True Love exists, it would fit into my understanding of BoP better. But since it was an open ended Title, I do not feel BoP rested entirely on one side. Still 5 days left, I am sure it is possible if you put this into the voting thread that you can find someone who will vote strongly one way or the other. Apologies for a lackluster vote, but hey, practice makes better.