Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should big tech be broken up?

Principled-Libertarian
onetrek

I am against big tech being broken up because all of them have competitors, Apple vs Google, Twitter vs Facebook ect. They may all be left leaning but that isn't a basis for breaking them up....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The government should restrict the adoption of children by foreigners.

farm0312
3rifty

Children can be confused....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Your Credit Score is more important than your IQ

cheeseboi501
FHM134

I believe, Though I don't agree with that your Credit score is more important in todays society than your IQ. Please I would love for somebody to change my mind, Because I hate that this is the new norm....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

wealth inequality will never be solved

Ihsieman
PaidForThisName

First round is for stating your argument Second round is for rebuttal Third round is for your concluding argument A simple fact in the world is that there will always be people richer than others, In every shape and form. Some people will always have more than others, And some people less. For example, Lets say there are ten people in a room, Each one gets 10 million dollars a day, And food costs two million, But then lets say five people gets three million, And food stays the same. In th...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should pennies be removed from the United States' currency?

cactusxd
Stephen7

1: Who actually likes pennies? 2: You can't buy anything with them, And sure as hell won't lug around a giant jug of pennies to buy Taco Bell...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago

Should there be a genocide of black-i mean poor kids, In America?

MLGThomas420666_69
pius1212

Should there be a genocide of black-i mean poor kids? Currently there is a shrinking number of poor people in America. To accelerate this change, I propose we eliminate them completely so none of them reproduce and spread the icky. Why should we not do this? It would solve poverty and just kills anyone who goes into it! Simple. Also, It would cause the, Shall we say "white balance" of America to go up a bit, But that's just a natural consequence of the decision....

9 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago

Communism

BazFromTheLocal
Akhenaten

My position is that communism as described by Karl Marx is an unworkable economic system. Definition: Communism: 1. A political and economic system where all unjust hierarchies have been dismantled. 2. Communism is an anarchist ideology in that a state would be non existent (but a government would still exist). 3. Said government would be structured horizontally, Meaning that all the power would be evenly spread among everyone as apposed to a vertically structured one where the distributio...

5 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago

people I disagree with should be executed.

BazFromTheLocal
TheReformedChristian

Disagreeing with me means you're a homosexual and therefore should get the bullet....

5 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

Full proof economy idea saving the public $50k within 7 years

ScottRyan
seansully610

Self funding in English. . . Save the public big bucks. If we self fund I can save the public around $31, 000 in 3 years. What you do is go into debt and borrow AU pop size 25 million $460 billion dollars then self fund public cost like water & power then an government's budget to cut taxes like self fund all hospitals. Anyway I worked out $460 billion to every 27 million people will self fund them things for life within 3 years. As we collect...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

Socialism

cjh111
backwardseden

Socialism is only good at spreading poverty, Oppression, Greed, And the destruction of culture. The proper system that is best for everyone is capitalism. Only economically illiterate fools would disagree. Im not attacking those people, I am saying the belief in socialism implies that they are not economically well versed in the cause and affects of economics and are hopefully ignorant. Fools....

Debating Period
36 Comments
Updated 8 Months Ago