Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should Kids Be treated fairly?

395khb12

Yes; Because they are our future generation if you treat them bad they are most likely going to commit suicide. The reason they are not cared for is that their parents are cruel and hateful, My parents are cruel and mean because they think they are good parents but they are wrong because they will not let me play video games, Let me go out with friends because they think my friends are not a good fit for me. I am ending this remark with "Let your kids be them self's for once in their life. ....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

American students are in school enough days of the year.

alexstilts
JesusChrist4Ever

The American education year is far too short. While this may be hard for some to accept, Especially those who are students like myself, Enough time is simply not spent in schools. Even though summer break is being cut shorter and shorter, Creating the illusion of a longer school year, It is simply not the case. School years continuously get shorter, With the addition of more total breaks, Holidays, And "professional development" days, On top of long summer breaks. Scientists have known for y...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Parents or other adults should be able to ban books from schools and libraries

JasonGrace
alexstilts

I am not sure if anyone will accept this debate, But nonetheless I'm going to state my position on this topic. For anyone who is interested in debating my arguments are here for you to read. Parents and/or other adults shouldn't be able to ban books from schools and libraries because books help you get a better idea of the world and what our place in it is. 1. I understand some parent's concern of the book containing inappropriate topi...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 57 Minutes Ago

Is the College Board a positive force?

alexstilts

The College Board is a highly influential force in today's educational environment. After all, They hold a virtual monopoly on education by controlling the SAT and the AP exams. As a high school student, I have personally seen again and again how the College Board grows stronger. The College Board is a negative force in society. Its educational monopoly and the money it makes off of educational struggle is a plague on society. The fact that the executives at the College Board make millions,...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Are charter schools better than public schools?

AquinasEdu
Karen073021

I think charter schools are not either "good" nor "bad" but are about the best fit for the student, Parent, Or educator. I just wrote an e-book on this topic called "What's the Deal With Charter Schools? " on Amazon Kindle but was curious to hear back from others....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Homework Should be Banned (Final)

s.simonb
dinachen

Even though that some adults (including my parents) think that homework is needed for more practice and college preparation, I think that homework should be banned because children can spend more time with family, Be less stressed out, And have more time to explore other interests. I see children cry, I see children complain, I see parents and/or teachers yell, And I see everyone cranky, Tired, Upset, Grumpy, And all those words that means unhappy. What causes this negativity you ask? The answer...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

High School and Middle School in the US should be reformed

dinachen
Azraeel

I believe that high school and middle school should be reformed. I feel that high school and middle school as of now is useless. If you're not going to college, 96% of the things you learn in high school and middle school are not going to be used in your life. Although doing well in high school would help you get into a better college, High school is really not needed for college. This is because freshman year classes in college are going to teach you as if you know nothing at all about the subj...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

No school uniforms

Lakerfan
Azraeel

"Nike is the uniform for kids all over the world. . . ""~ M. I. A. Nike is the everyday attire for kids all around the globe. People think that middle schools shouldn't have students wear school uniforms. There are many reasons why people think that middle schools shouldn't have uniforms such as everyday attire is more comfortable, It restricts students from expressing themselves, And it takes a shorter amount of time to get ready. Students want to be the most focused in school, So middle-s...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Why schools should stop erving chocolat milk

b0rn_c0nfused529
BlackBalaclava

Schools Should ban chocolate milk My reasons are -To much sugar -Not the most nutritious. -Mislabeling. Kids are more likely to choose flavored milk rather that white milk. While White milk has a lot of nutrients that flavored milk does not. (This is my second time doing this)...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Schools Allow Phones In The Class

b0rn_c0nfused529
luciep_2001

Having phones in school can provide a distraction yes, But what is a fire was to occur and the adult could not contact a fire station. " On april 20th 1999, 2 teenagers walk into columbine High school carrying sub- machine guns and homemade bombs intending to do some damage, 13 innocent students were murdered and many more would have been if it weren't for some students and their phones. 1 student hiding for his life called 911 and described the location of the school, And what the murderers loo...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago