Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

are books only consumed by the rich?

Manoo

The Brazilian Federal Revenue said that "only the rich buy books", And proposes to increase taxes on books. In my opinion, This is an attempt to decrease access to education and knowledge for the poor. As anthropologist Darcy Ribeiro said, "The crisis in education in Brazil is not a crisis; it's a project. A society where people are ignorant and lack knowledge is easier to be controlled by the powerful. The books? Books are an inexhaustible source of knowledge, Knowledge that takes thousands of...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

We should abolish grades in school

DonovanTheDeveloper
Ihsieman

"When students cheat on exams, It"s because our school system values grades more than students value learning, " stated Neil deGrasse Tyson according to an article on vernoisnews. Com. I am debating that grades in school should be abolished. My first reason is this will cut back on cheating. If there's no grades, Students would not feel tempted to cheat as it wouldn't be necessary. My second reason is this will not make parents angry at their children. If you don't have an A on your repo...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Is lava wet?

LukasDrakon
DeletedUser

No, Lava is not wet, Because if you touch it, You will burn your hands....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Should schools have surveillance cameras in all classrooms?

Ateni
notmemex101

In order to have a safer learning and safety environment, Surveillance cameras should be placed in all classrooms. Students and teachers are more likely to act properly if they are aware that they are being monitored. Students will also be protected by cameras so they will provide evidence if anything unusual happens....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Online school dress codes

The_Right_1
DeletedUser

Ok so have recently read an article about a school district in Illinois that has set a school dress code for online zoom classes. No Pj's, No tank top with shorts, Full set of clothing you would actually wear to a school. What? That makes no sense. I will elaborate and address any counterclaims from my opponent....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Derek Chauvin, A true chauvinistic pig, Share the same character traits as the god of the bible

backwardseden
GreatClickbait

Derek Chauvin, A true chauvinistic pig, Shares the same character traits as the god of the bible, In which case the god of the bible according to the print is also a true chauvinistic pig. Now I'm not going to educate you on the slob who Derek Chauvin is as that's not my place nor problem. So no, You do not get to use typical word salad as an excuse for whatever menagerie ideals that will not work. The same is true as for the god of the bible. I'm not here to educate you on whatever it is to you...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Homework

LilahF
Thebigfrog

I am against homework becuase it is too much pressure on students and they should get a break from learning after shcool....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

In general, Are debate. Org users "intelligent minds from around the world"?

ThinkCritically
GreatClickbait

I am new to debate. Org. My position is based only on the fact that anybody in the world can sign up and start debating, Or voting, Etc. There are no qualifications required. It is also my opinion that intelligent people generally do not spend a lot of time engaging in debates online, Where the environment is not well suited for it, Since users do not feel very accountable because of anonymity, And too often just say and make arguments that are not well thought out, And/or are very biased. I...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

There are proofs in math. 2 + 2 = 4. A god is a concept

backwardseden
steveja

There is proof in math. 2 + 2 = 4. A god is a concept. There is no proof in a concept. You can beat two rocks together. That's math. That's not a god. You start with nonbelief ever since you are born. A god is a default position. Prove that a god exists....

Debating Period
16 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Do You Want to Debate books?

Ihsieman
Thebigfrog

Chose two books, Or book series, And we can debate which ones better, You choice....

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago