Vlast
moderate84

Environmental Protection

Challenge Expired or Declined
moderate84 either declined this challenge, or never responded to it. If you are Vlast, login to see your options.
Updated: 10 years ago Status: Challenge Declined

Vlast

Pro

You conjecture that environmental protection is wrong. I say you are foolish and utterly misguided. Man has unleashed terrors upon this earth that were unimaginable several centuries ago. Think oil spills, nuclear warfare, mass habitat destruction, and terrible pollution. As a student of biology, I know that the balence of nature is fragile and of vital importance. As a student of chemistry, I know how dangerous many chemicals are (e.g., benzene, organomercurics, and fluorides, just to name a few). Many people would like to minimize the danger of what we have done to the earth, but that is wrongheaded. Environmental regulations are the only things that keep you and I from driking water tainted with toulene, breating air laced with lead, and living in a world completely deviod of all but the hardiest creatures. You eschew environmental regulations? I challenge you to a debate!
Posted by TreeLover528 3 weeks ago
TreeLover528
I totally agree with DCG
Posted by Dcg 1 month ago
Dcg
I agree we should conserve the earth. The earth gives us all the services that we need to live and without the environment we are nothing. Many countries have introduced conservation methods, But I think it should be global conservation of the environment and land, If we continue like this in a few years we will not be anything.
Posted by factandevidence1234 3 months ago
factandevidence1234
The last sentence was a little cheesy, but I agree we should conserve the earth.
Posted by Marcuz 4 months ago
Marcuz
I don't know about hypocrisy but I think either way you should be advocating for nature and stuff and not opposing it
Posted by asta 5 months ago
asta
Do you lead by example? If you don't have alternative energy, preaching for environment protection would be hypocrisy.