itdobelikethat
NetherZain

ethical principles of veganism

itdobelikethat

Con

I did this debate with absolution2012 and wanted to see someone else's opinion from the same perspective

Pro will be defending: "There is no trait absent in an animal, Which if absent in a human, Would cause us to justify treating humans like animals. Veganism is a logical extension of human rights. "

my argument is this: "there are traits absent, Such as advanced reasoning, Any form of society, Or any form of basic technology"

also absolution please don't be pro i want to see someone else's response
NetherZain

Pro

Hi! I'll be happy to debate with you. Although I am not a vegan myself I shall try my best. Let's begin. Some may become vegan because of ethics. Which certainly has some merit. Let's take milk for example Dairy cows are constantly hooked up to a milking machine which must cause discomfort. Animals exhibit emotion. They are not bugs that have a hard coded mind. Eggs also come to mind which unless they are cage free eggs. The hen is locked in cage laying eggs until it dies or is taken to become meat. I must remind you that this is veganism, Not so milk and eggs are not accepted in vegan culture. Animals are like humans in many ways as we are with animals. Love is just a chemical so we mate. Animals should have many rights we humans have. We survive off them so they should be able to survive off us. Not be forced to produce products in cruel ways. Many animals are social but many factories deprive them of social interaction. Animals at the very LEAST must be given the basic human rights most of the world enjoys.
itdobelikethat

Con

sorry for a waste of time, Im just getting bored of ddo, Zain did a great job and I would have loved to debate with him be this whole thing just got old.
NetherZain

Pro

Oh, Well thats a shame. If you could just keep putting "arguments" out so we can get to the voting period that would be good. I want to get 3 debates comepleted so I can vote.
itdobelikethat

Con

itdobelikethat forfeited this round.
NetherZain

Pro

Well, It was a good debate. I would hope to get a good debate with you, Best of luck to you in your non ddo adventures.
itdobelikethat

Con

itdobelikethat forfeited this round.
itdobelikethat

Con

itdobelikethat forfeited this round.
NetherZain

Pro

NetherZain forfeited this round.
Posted by NetherZain 3 years ago
NetherZain
Oh well, Okay. If you could keep posting quick rounds so we can get to the voting period that would be optimal. I want to get 3 debates done so i can vote.
Posted by NetherZain 3 years ago
NetherZain
Posted by NetherZain 3 years ago
NetherZain
Posted by itdobelikethat 3 years ago
itdobelikethat
sorry, I'm gonna stop doing ddo. It just got boring after 2 weeks. I guess you win then.
Posted by NetherZain 3 years ago
NetherZain
Your up, Itdobelikethat.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
We do treat some humans like other animals. We cage them, We leave them to live on the streets, We execute them, And we exploit them for our entertainment. Humanity for the most part seems to agree that there are some things that we will not allow people to do to one another, But to say that we don't treat some humans like animals is just not true.