Kylie.Cunningham
Swindenland

friends

Kylie.Cunningham has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Kylie.Cunningham

Pro

friends can make you happy and make you feel good about yourself
Swindenland

Con

Hi there.

I will debate with you about this rather interesting topic. It is my first debate and I've chosen it, because it seems quite easy.

Good luck to the PRO and please present your opening argument.
Kylie.Cunningham

Pro

good luck to you too;)
~well friends can make you feel better about yourself/better self esteem and make you happier. for (ex.), me , kylie cunningham has bad self esteem and this is true but being around my friends , having parties , having fun brings me up from the unfortunate battle that me and my mom have that makes me sometime want to harm myself . they make me happy and make me feel that i am someone to them and i feel loved

website| http://friendship.about.com...
Swindenland

Con

Thanks for the argument.

Friends are not a necessary component in human interaction. Everyone can successfully live and interact with the social environment, even without friends. While friendships have many positive attributes, as pointed out by PRO, there are many alternatives to them which can have a far more effective and positive effect on our lives.

Family members and beloved companions can be far more trusted and are also able to offer much more and more effective help than conventional friends. Acquaintances offer an excellent opportunity to have fun and spend time with, while not risking the possibility of being rejected by the person you personally trusted. Any rejection by anyone we trusted has a negative effect on us, therefore Acquaintances offer an low-risk alternative while Family members "offer" an mutually safe and effective relationship.

We humans are social animals, this is the reason behind why we have friends in the first place. However, while we may positively profit from friendships, they are not necessary as long as you have a healthy interaction with other humans. General sociality is needed to feel good, this means that you can enjoy and spend time with people who may not be your friends.
Friendships take a lot of time to upkeep, but if you're generally social without friends you will have the time necessary to seek pleasure with other people. This in term also enables you to meet more people and gain low-risk, but also low-complexion trust from a wide range of humans, who may come in handy later.
Emotional independence is another important thing you gain when you don't seek friends. Because friends are given a lot of trust, which they often misuse or your personality is so dependent on them that you've got a harder time without them. When friends reject you or misuse you, this can have severe negative effects on our psychology.

There's also this "chance factor". Namely, chances aren't high you're going to get an ideal friend, too often people make toxic friendships.

Toxic friends misuse you and in fact lower your self-esteem and confidence. To worsen the concept further, your friend may introduce you to negative groups or generally have a negative effect on you. I'm sure we've all seen someone who was nice before, but started hanging out with somebody bad and then turned bad himself. Especially in adolescence, where hormones make us incapable of seeing common sense, when in a group these "hormones" are able to make us do dangerous activities. Many people, because of bad friends, despite having no need to, start accessing drugs, alcohol etc.

Source:
(1) http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Posted by Swindenland 1 year ago
Swindenland
I would like to point out, that Friends are indeed important and that I've only taken the CON side, we all know how important good friends are. However all of my presented arguments are facts and real possible troubles we may have with friends.
Posted by Kylie.Cunningham 1 year ago
Kylie.Cunningham
what do you mean?!
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
then they also have the power to take it away again