sav23
Fallen-Angel

girls should be able to join scouting

sav23 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

sav23

Pro

I would like to start this with a little information about myself, i am a female teenager from Victoria, Australia, i have attained the Australian scout medallion, i am my troop's troop leader, i play 3 instruments and i play hockey and basketball.

i would like to express my gratitude towards Robert Baden-Powell, the founder of the scouting movement, he is truly inspiring. do you think that he would have liked women to be excluded fro this great opportunity. i know that he founded the scouting movement to help prepare boys for the challenges of life, including war. at the time that he was around, women would not have fought in war, but they do now so why should they not be allowed to be a scout as well?
Fallen-Angel

Con

Okay, First of all. Please correct your spelling. I's should be capital when not paired with another letter. I find this very concerning since you are a scout group leader. Also, the additional information of the instruments that you play and the additional sports is irrelevant.

Although I do admire your adoration for the founder of Scouts. I believe though that when he was alive that the idea's on the genders were different from now. Of course, he may have wanted girls to join, although it depends on his view on girls. Then again, he is dead. Nothing will change that. If you want to though. Contact a necromancer.

Thank you for your time.
Until the next round Sav.
Posted by WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2 3 years ago
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2
Girls to girl scouts, boys to boy scouts. Kids shouldnt be dealing with being trans at their ages at that time. Forcing social justice where it's not needed is rediculous.
Posted by Trevor_Drayton 3 years ago
Trevor_Drayton
As someone who is debating a similar argument (See: Girls Cannot be Denied Access to The Boy Scouts of America), I am somewhat concerned about the context of this debate as there is no specification of what type of scouting you are talking about. It would be logical to assume you mean Boy Scouts, as until recently it was the last boys-only group, although due to only referring to it as scouting, you could also be referring to Girl Scouts, Explorer Scouts (a co-ed program similar to Boy Scouts), or the Venturing Crew (another co-ed program enacted through the BSA and GSA for both organizations to participate together in high-adventure activities).

Subsequently, I would ask that if you are debating whether or not girls should be accepted into the BSA program (which was already decided to be), that neither the pro or the con sides take arguments from the debate I instigated without giving credit where credit is due.