backwardseden
JesusChrist4Ever

god has no moral compass

backwardseden has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

1. God Created everything (Prov 26:10, Col 1:16) including evil. Isa 45:7, Amos 3:6, Lam 3:38
2. God is unquestionably just and righteous in all of his works Duet 32:4, Dan 9:14
3. God should be feared because he can send you to hell Matt 10:28, Luke 12:5, Heb 10:31
4. God causes blindness, Deafness and dumbness Ex 4:11
5. God causes suffering so that his great works can be demonstrated John 9:1-9, 11:4, Isa 30:20, Ezek 38:16
6. God Kills Deut 32:29, 1 Sam 2:6
7. God causes rain, Tempest, Drought and hurricanes Job 5:10, 37:2-12, Isa 30:30, 42:15, Matt 5:45
8. God sends lying spirits and deceives prophets before destroying them 1 Kings 22:19-23, 2 Thess 2:11, Ezek 14:9, Num 23:19, 1 Sam 15:29, Tit 1:2
9. God hates violence of mankind so he violently destroys all life Gen 6:11-13, Ezek 8:17
10. God rejoices in the destruction of sinners Deut 28:63, Ps 37:13, Pr 1:26
11. God sends evil spirits 1 Sam 16:14, 18:10, 19:9, Judge 9:23
12. God tempts and can lead mankind into temptation Gen 22:1, Matt 6:13
13. God tried to kill moses Ex 4:24
14. God assists manslaughter Ex 21:13
15. God stirs up jealousy Isa 42:13, Deut 32:21
16. God Sends false prophets to test people Deut 13:1-3
17. God gives false laws, Commandments and statutes. Ezek 20:25-26
18. Sends delusions and lies so that people might be damned 2 Thess 2:11-12, Isa 6:9-12, Mk 4:12
19. Lists punishments, Including cannibalism, He will carry out to disobedient Lev 26, Deut 28
20. Sends locusts and pests to eat crops Joel 2:25
21. Becomes angry when Saul doesn"t kill enough 1 Sam 15:18-19, 28:18
22. Ends a famine after seven innocent men are hanged 2 Sam 21 (v14)
23. God is Jealous Ex 20:5, Num 25:11, Deut 5:9, Josh 24:19
24. Repents Gen 6:6, Ex 32:14, 1 Sam 15:11, 35, 2 Sam 24:16, Jonah 3:10, Jer 18:10, Joel 2:13
25. God demands blood as a sacrifice Lev 3:2, 4:6-7, Gen 8:21, Lev 1:9, Ezek 20:40-41
26. God"s sword is covered with blood and greasy fat Isa 34:6
27. God belches fire and smoke in anger Ps 18:7-8, 15
28. God has commanded drunkeness Jer 25:27
29. God rewards fools and transgressors Prov 26:10
30. Kills Uzzah for trying to steady the ark 1 Chron 13:10, 2 Sam 6:7
31. Allows David to choose the punishment inflicted on the people for David"s sin 2 Sam 24:11-13
32. Tricks David into a census and then vents his anger on the people, Killing 70, 000 2 Sam 24:1
33. Hardens pharaoh"s heart so that he can punish him and his people and commands moses to threaten pharaoh with murder Ex 4:21-23, 7:3, 13, 10:1
34. God hardens people"s hearts Rom 9:18
35. Considers the handicap, Illegitimate children and their descendants, Or men with injured genitalia inferior and unworthy to enter the congregation. Lev 21:17-23, Deut 23:1-2
36. God uses his chosen people to punish other nations Ps 149:5-9
37. God punishes many for the sins of one, The innocent are punished for the guilty, Especially their guilty ancestors Deut 28:41; Gen 9:24-25, 20:7, 18, Ex 12:29, 20:5, 34:7, Num 16, Deut 5:9, 23:2, 28:32, 41, Josh 7:8-26, 22:20, 2 Kings 5:27, Isa 14:21, Ezek 23:25, 46-47, Mal 1:2-4, Jer 31:29-30, Hos 2:4-5, Rom 5:14, Also Adam's Fall generally in NT)
38. God will punish the men by causing their wives to be ravished and their children to be "dashed to pieces" (Isa 13:16, 18, Zech 14:2, Nah 3:10)
39. God's punishment of entire nations or cities by destroying every living thing naturally includes the destruction of babies and unborn embryos (e. G. Isa 34, The Flood, The plagues on Egypt, Sodom; Jesus also: Matt 11:20-24).
40. God will cause adultery as punishment (Deut 28:30).
41. God will cause drunkenness as punishment (Jer 13:12-13).
42. God will "spread dung upon your faces" as punishment (Mal 2:3).
43. God punishes one third of the human race (the descendents of Ham) because one man's nakedness was seen by his son (Gen 9:24-25).
44. God punishes Pharaoh and Abimelech because of Abraham's lie about Sarah. Abraham is not punished for lying (Gen 12:14-20, 20:18).
45. God turns Lot's wife into salt for looking back (Gen 19:26).
46. God kills for Onan for "spilling his seed on the ground" (Gen 38:10).
47. God endorses Judah condemning Tamar to death by burning for harlotry (Gen 38:24).
48. God kills all of Egypt's firstborn, Including animals, To punish Pharaoh (Ex 12:29).
49. God will punish an animal with death if it grazes on the mountain while he is there (Ex 19:12)
50. Miriam is made a leper temporarily for speaking against Moses (Num 12:1-10), But Aaron, Who was equally guilty, Is not punished.
51. God punishes the Israelites for complaining about their food, First by sending fire to kill them (Num 11:1), Then by sending poisonous snakes to kill many (Num 21:4-6).
52. God punishes the Israelites with plague for eating the quails he sent (Num 11:33).
53. God kills Korah and 250 others, With their families, Because they questioned Moses' authority (Num 16:1-40).
54. God kills another 14, 700 by plague, For murmuring against the punishment of Korah (Num 16:41-50).
55. Nadab and Abihu are burnt to death for offering "strange fire" (Lev 10:1-5).
56. Achan and his children and animals are burned to death for Achan's crime of keeping booty (Josh 7:8-26).
57. God smites a whole city with hemorrhoids as punishment for taking the ark (1 Sam 5:6-9).
58. God kills 50, 000 men of Beth-shemesh because they looked into the Ark (1 Sam 6:19).
59. God kills Nabal for refusing to be extorted by David and gives David Nabal's wife (1 Sam 25:38).
60. God kills David's child in order to punish David (2 Sam 12:15-18).
61. God will punish David by giving his wives to another to enjoy in public view (2 Sam 12:11-12).
62. God does not punish Solomon for Solomon's sin, But punishes Solomon's son (1 Kings 11:9-12).
63. God kills a prophet for believing a lie told by another prophet of God (1 Kings 13).
64. God causes a lion to kill a man because he refused to strike a prophet when commanded (1 Kings 20:35-36).
65. God causes 42 children to be killed by bears because they tease Elisha about his baldness (2 Kings 2:23-24).
66. God caused cannibalism as a punishment (Lam 4:9-11, 2 Kings 6:26-29).
67. God will punish Samaria by allowing their infants to be dashed to pieces and their pregnant women to be ripped up (Hos 13:16).
68. God strikes a sorcerer with blindness for trying to dissuade a
potential convert (Acts 13:6-12).
69. God causes infant sacrifice (Ezek 20:26).
70. God is a "man of war" and causes war between people for his glory. (Ex 15:3 Deut 3:22 2 Sam 22:35, Ps 18:34, 144:1 Ps 24:8 Ezek 38:16, 23)

(taken from Dossier of Reason)

RULES:
Prove that god is moral and refute the verses above (refute at least 10 of the verses above and prove that there is god's love within them)

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
JesusChrist4Ever

Con

Before I start, I just want to tell you that Jesus loves you, No matter who you are, What you have done, Or what religion you practice.

The big debate here is that "God has no moral compass". You have provided a list of 70 instances in the Bible where numerous individuals have failed to trust in the Lord, Have used their freedom of free will to do evil, Or instances where Satan shows up, Trying to cause the discord which led us to having this debate today.

#33-34: You say that God has hardened Pharaoh"s heart any many others as well. This is completely and utterly false. God is not the one that hardens a person"s heart, But it is that particular person themself. By giving us free will, God gave us the right to choose either to listen graciously to his word, Or to harden our hearts and turn away from him. Plus, God wants each and every one of us to get to heaven, But it is by our faith and by our actions that determines if we get to heaven.

You say that God is the root of all evil. This is incorrect. God created the human race with the intent that we would all go to heaven. It was the humans that made the choice to sin and turn away from God, Leading to this immoral world that we live in today. Even though these things happened, God did not want them to happen. However, He cannot intervene, And I"m going to tell you why. God can"t change them because we have to have the immense faith, Love and other things required to get into heaven. We actually have to live the morals that the Bible teaches, Not just say them. As I say fairly often, " if you talk the talk, You better walk the walk too". What I"m saying is, It isn"t the times of great prosperity and happiness where your faith in Christ is tested, But in the times of trial and tribulation. Another good quote on this topic is " A healthy person doesn"t need to see a doctor". If you want to see an instance of great, Undeniable faith in the Bible, Read the book of Job. It might even soften your heart to the unique relationship that Christ has in store for you. I know you might not agree with this, But I will be praying for you. It says in the Bible, " Love your enemies, And pray for those who persecute you. " Also, It says " all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, And all who humble themselves will be exalted. " If you desire to live in everlasting glory in heaven, Then you must pass the many tests put before you on Earth.
backwardseden

Pro

"Before I start, . . . " You haven"t started at all. You are merely 15 years old. You have a long way to go in life kid. And you know nothing. You guess. "I just want to tell you that Jesus loves you, . . . " Sorry. I do not take to kindly to all out war and threats. Because that"s exactly what you just did. Oh and btw, You cannot even prove that your sidekick to your god has ever existed, Just like your god. Oh and btw, Your sidekick was a false messiah at any rate.

"You have provided a list of 70 instances in the Bible where numerous individuals have failed to trust in the Lord, " Wow. Um no. See, That"s why you are only 15. Its because YOU CAN"T READ. But then again neither can most who claim that they are christians because in reality there is no such a thing. EVERYTHING stated in the argument is a god cause. Not a human cause. And with what you are stating is that humans have more power than YOUR god.

"Have used their freedom of free will to do evil, " Well if you believe in YOUR god, Then you have no free will of any kind. I thankfully am smart enough to ---never--- believe in YOUR god so I do have free will. To prove it, Where does YOUR god state anywhere in his bible something to the effect like "I the lord thy god grants man free will"? In fact it doesn"t say that anywhere. Not even close. So until your bible says anything like that then sorry, You have no free will. Also your god has several times admitted he"s "evil". Are you going to take your god"s word at it? Why no. Of course not. You will continue to go on your merry way. See that"s why you so-called christians cannot be taken seriously. If you cannot take your god"s word at anything, Then who"s word can you possibly be taken at? Oh I get it. YOURS. Sorry. * god has freely admitted in his bible numerous times that he IS evil IS 45:7, 2 SAM 12: 11-14 sick and disgusting, EX 32:14, 1 KS 1 22: 22-23, 2 CR 18:22, JM 19:3, JM 19:15, JM 23:12, AM 3:6, DT 30:15, 2 KS 22:16, JU 9:23, PV 15:3

Satan? I didn"t mention satan. The article didn"t mention satan either. Oh and oh yeah, YOUR god created satan in the first place. So this god of YOURS must have known what evil was in order for YOUR god to have created satan in the first place. Well gee, Figure this one out" There"s no need for evil, No requirement for evil, No necessity for evil. Only in YOUR god"s twisted ideals and ways.

"#33-34: You say that God has hardened Pharaoh"s heart any many others as well. " I didn"t say that. The article did. Regardless it happens to be true. If not, Then YOUR god is not a god, Is not in control of everything such as hardening people"s hearts and thus that human power of hardening people"s hearts is more powerful than that of YOUR god, And thus that means that this god of YOURS is not in charge of everything, Does not know everything, Is not all knowing and is not all powerful, Most certainly is not omnipotent, And wow by no means possible is perfect. PE-IR-OD.

Oh the free will issue again? Wow. OK so your god gives the free will, That power to the evildoers as an example of daddy sticking his you know what inside of his 4 year old daughter while punching her in the face for 15 years who has all the free will in the world and the daughter has no free will, None to get away and SCREAM her guts out. Yeah YOUR god in which you cannot even prove exists he loves pain and suffering. And you have no idea, None, As to what true pain and suffering is. None. AND YOUR god could have easily taken all the evil and pain out of free will, But nah he chose to leave it in. So I ask you "why" other than he loves to witness pain and suffering especially especially especially from children and YOU are a child. Now here"s a question for you" what can children learn from pain and suffering? If you"ve answered "nothing", You"ve answered correctly.
"By giving us free will, God gave us the right to choose"" god didn"t give you one god damned thing unless you can prove that he exists.
"You say that God is the root of all evil. This is incorrect. " Really? According to what imbecile? You? How would you know? You are a mere 15 years old. Still stuck in high school with a lot of years ahead of him and not having struck out on his own to find out AT ALL what reality and what true suffering of any kind is like. "God created the human race with the intent that we would all go to heaven. " Oh absolutely not. Have you read your bible? Clearly not. Where does it state anything like that? Chapters and verses only please. And no christ crap. On and btw, To make matters all the worse for you" YOUR god would never be stupid enough to use text as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible.

"It was the humans that made the choice to sin and turn away from God, " Wow you really don"t think that this god of YOURS did not know this BEFOREHAND? Which is yet another reason why you have no free will IF you believe in YOUR god. Your god knows everything before it happens IF and only IF he"s a true god. Therefore your choices are already known by your god before you make them. That"s not free will. So this god of YOURS creates his subjects, Namely you, To become rats in a maze always knowing each exit for all scenarios to be played out. So what do you REALLY think YOUR god"s plan is? Indeed you, Since you believe in YOUR god are a robot.

"Leading to this immoral world that we live in today. " That"s caused by YOU believing in YOUR god. "Even though these things happened, God did not want them to happen. " So you freely admit right there, POOF ZAP ZANG ZOWIE, That this god of YOURS is in no possible way perfect, He has regrets for something he knows is going to happen and yet he does nothing about it - so really is this the actions of a supreme deity? Doesn"t know how to plan worth a damn, Obviously doesn"t care to change things well enough to better things to have a better outcome etc etc etc the fallacies right there of YOUR god not in any way being a god are golden. So why should I continue with this debate?
JesusChrist4Ever

Con

I may be 15, It I have more wisdom and knowledge than you ever will. You say all this stuff about "my" God, Which is my God, Your God, And everyone else on Earth"s God. And you say that God is evil and everything else, It all comes back to free will. Even though you say, If you believe in God, You have no free will, This is false. God is so powerful and so awesome, That he created a being capable of independent thought. Nothing else could"ve done that. I don"t care how disrespectful, How rude, And how false your arguments are, My God will defend me with his Shield of Righteousness. Even though we may disagree on many many important issues, God loves you and will forgive you no matter what you have done. And you talk about issues such as child abuse and rape, None of it comes from God. It comes from the evil one. By the way, Yes Satan, Formerly Lucifer, Was created by God as an angel in God"s everlasting kingdom in heaven. Where you are wrong is that God gave angels free will as well as humans. It was Lucifer and his followers" choice to turn away from God, Same as it was the humans" choice. I don"t understand what isn"t clear here. You call me a stupid 15 year old who is stuck in high school. The happiest, Best moments in my life are when I am one with God and my brothers and sisters in Christ. No one can ever take that away from me, Not even an evil warrior against Christ like yourself. If you actually read the Bible outside of a literal sense, You might understand what I"m talking about. Until then, Stop talking out of your anus and see the beautiful creation that God has made for us. And all of these horrible trials and tribulations are just a test to see if you are worthy of entering the kingdom of God. You say you have morals, And I say "bullcrap". By supporting abortion, You are supporting the murder of millions of children worldwide every year. Just remember that God loves you, And that even though you are defiling his name and his word in every possible way, You can still be saved and enter the kingdom of heaven, Where you will live in a realm without sin for eternity.
backwardseden

Pro

"I may be 15, It I have more wisdom and knowledge than you ever will. " Sorry. No that crap fro under your skin doesn't slide with your munching green. I haven't killed anybody. Your god has and for no reason. I haven't enslaved anybody. Your god has and throughout YOUR bible and has never ---ever--- revoked it. I haven't made up stupid carnivorous immoral rules that require death such as death to all gays, Death if you blaspheme, Death if you work on the sabbath in which YOUR christ should have suffered, Death to everybody who curses at their parents, Death to everybody who wishes to NOT worship YOUR s--t for a god, Death for everybody who commits adultery etc. That's YOUR god. I've done none of that and I do not practice that. IF you believe in YOUR god that's exactly what YOU are forced into believing because that's what YOUR god orders you to do in YOUR bible. Oh gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, You haven't read your bible now have you? Well that's one big fat duh.
Sorry I will not lower myself to YOUR god. I have standards. So do billions of others who are not suckered into your hate. I am an atheist. I do not believe in any god(s). Here's the difference between you and me kid. . . You cannot prove your god even exists. I can prove what I know is 100% true. AND I can back up what I say with something called "evidence". You don't even have a shed of proof for anything about YOUR god. Nothing. Nada. 0. Ziltch. But you need not worry, The same is true for all religions. No god has ever been proven to be true.

"You say all this stuff about "my" God, Which is my God, Your God, And everyone else on Earth"s God. " OK I'm ending this. Contact me when you get a clue that everybody doesn't believe as you. Because what you have done is you'd declared war on everybody who is different from you. It is so easy to see why you like so many here on debate. Or has no genuine friends or loved ones. What do I mean by genuine? Those that will go way way wayyyyyyy out of their way in time of dire need to help you out and never ask you a single question. For that I cannot pity you. But you did it to yourself. You must like it. Otherwise you would not do it as you deserve it. You will die alone. UNLESS YOU CHANGE. Even if someone were to agree with what you were say and think and it was an EXACT match, You would still manage to find fault with that one person.

Oh and btw, You have no ability to give a lecture to me. I've seen punk kids like you come and go all the time. And POOF believe me, You will go. And here I will stay. You see, I believe in peace, Love, Care, Harmony, Kindness etc. You are the ab-so-lu-te furthest from it because YOU believe in YOUR god AND YOU want to convert EVERYBODY into YOUR way of thinking. Dream on.
JesusChrist4Ever

Con

I refuse to engage you in a debate anymore. I will not have my mind tainted with the filth of your accusations.
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
@backwardseden
God didn't created evil.
Posted by Zifsha.M 2 years ago
Zifsha.M
Moral compass? You got to be kidding me on that. Why do a God need a moral compass?
Posted by cfossedal 2 years ago
cfossedal
I don't understand why God needs a "moral compass. "
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
"Or has no genuine friends or loved ones. What do I mean by genuine? Those that will go way way wayyyyyyy out of their way in time of dire need to help you out and never ask you a single question. For that I cannot pity you. But you did it to yourself. You must like it. Otherwise you would not do it as you deserve it. You will die alone. UNLESS YOU CHANGE. Even if someone were to agree with what you were say and think and it was an EXACT match, You would still manage to find fault with that one person. " This is just copied and pasted over and over again to every one of your debates. Seriously, You said the exact same thing to Skye and 7 others word for word verbatim.
Posted by themasterdebater_101 3 years ago
themasterdebater_101
@dbox Nope.
@backwardseden Can you just calm down a bit? The whole world does not rest on every debate you have. Chill.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
indians must be illegal! Please help spread the word
Posted by dbox 3 years ago
dbox
If you accept this debate, Be prepared to have your points dealt with disrespectfully and unreasonably. But who knows, Maybe this time will be different.
Posted by Jocrazyboy 3 years ago
Jocrazyboy
It says what he does, But it never said once that he WANTED what happened.