backwardseden
YakovF

god is deliberate genocide

backwardseden

Pro

Indeed god is far far far worse than Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan, all serial killers, all rapists, all tortures, all pedophiles, all sadomasochists etc etc etc combined. After all god knowingly created them according to the bible which means that he is ultimately responsible for them. Its either that or god is not a god and lets them off the hook with nothing but a tap on the shoulder for their horrific, disgusting, repugnant crimes and simply god---does---not---care. Now here's some examples of god"s sickened, diseased, abominable atrocities for absolutely no reason at all which included the torturing and killing of babies still suckling on their mothers nipples, children, pregnant mothers (which would be abortions so christians cannot be against abortions because that would be a contradiction)... the great flood according to the bible (which never happened btw) so who knows what the body count there was according to the malignant bible? 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813 etc etc etc Yeah god is really so moral huh? Nope. Oh and btw, there"s no such a thing as "love" within any genocide.

RULES: Prove that god is NOT a homicidal genocidal maniac and that he does care and is filled with mushy love.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
YakovF

Con

Well, prove God exists first. If he does exist, one of our religions are right, and our religions don't portray him as a mass murderer. I mean the whole entire concept of God is everything he does is good and he is infinite.
backwardseden

Pro

I really hate smug teeny bopper religious folk who think they have the answers for shape-shifting hour glass figurines of chocolaty goodness wind up toys in that silvery window like you of glittery prize rainbows. Um no farm boy that's up to you, all the time, no exceptions, none, for YOU to prove YOUR god because after all how can YOU test and demonstrate something, namely YOUR god that's never been tested nor demonstrated ---ever--- in all of human history? Twiddling your lips and thumbs will not help you either in your exploits of "I don't know" which is what ALL good scientists and atheists will say because nobody knows. And oh yes, YOUR religion most certainly does portray YOUR god as a mass murderer. I even gave you the verses for your cherry blossom glass bottom feeder to look up. Nah but see, you like the rest of them, cannot---even---read---your---torah---if---it---killed---you, just like christians cannot read their bible's if it killed them. So get to work!!!
YakovF

Con

I don't give a crap about versus. If I were to ever get into a debate about religion, I would never bring versus. They mean nothing. A religions bible can say what ever bad things they want about women, but that doesn't actually mean it is against women rights. How it's played out matters.

"Twiddling your lips and thumbs will not help you either in your exploits of "I don't know" which is what ALL good scientists and atheists will say because nobody knows." - You
Why are you debating god is committing genocide if you don't even believe him? You yourself don't agree with your own argument. If god doesn't exist, he therefore can't commit genocide, so you agree with me he doesn't commit genocide. Although our procedures to get to the answer was different, we both came out with the same result. You should be on Con debating how he doesn't even exist.
If God does exist, he is all-might-powerful. All ideas of God is him being righteous. That's the ideology of god. Meaning you either have to go with the idea of God being righteous, or him not existing at all. Both of those don't lead to the conclusion "God commits genocide".
backwardseden

Pro

If you do not give a crap about the verses in YOUR torah, then in no possible way can you give a crap about and or believe in YOUR god, YOUR religion and YOUR torah as that"s the ONLY outlet you have to all three. And since you don"t then in no possible way can you call YOURSELF an orthodox jew which is such a true joke unto itself.
Religion 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a super human agency or agencies, usually involving devotionaland ritual observances, and often containing amoral code governing the conduct of human affairs. (notice the usage of the word "beliefs"?) 2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion. (same thing) 3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: (same thing) That"s EXACTLY what ALL religions are until tested and demonstrated in which none, not one has ---ever--- been. And until you can do that with YOUR god, then you have ziltch, zippo, zip, nothing, nada. So the only delivery that you have is YOUR barfing torah which are a set of beliefs which are what classe"? RELIGION.

"How it's played out matters." Oh I get it so absolutely NOTHING according to you took place in your torah because you do not give a crap about its verses. This debate is now over. Bye. Go flap your wings on a jesus jujitsu harmonica elevator in an attempt to get closer to YOUR god. Same thing. No difference.
YakovF

Con

I can still believe a religion without using verses. The story of Purim and the stuff archaeologists find fit nicely together. But the point isn't whether I believe a religion or not. The point is that God isn't deliberate genocide. You still haven't countered my argument on that the whole entire idea of God is that either he is almighty powerful RIGHTEOUS power, or he doesn't exist. No idea of him is him being genocidal.

What I mean I don't give a crap about verses, doesn't mean I discard them. I first find other proof of the Torah being correct. Because if it isn't verses mean nothing. So far I'm satisfied.

Also stop being rude, and whining that God isn't exist and at the same time is genocidal. So far you have proven nothing, and this is on a 7 point system. So far all the points are going towards me.
backwardseden

Pro

"I can still believe a religion without using verses." Oh I get it... so you go by YOUR religion without a single thing to go by. In other words, just like ---everybody--- out there who is jewish as well as christian, you invent excuses and you make up YOUR religion as YOU see fit. Now many religions do not have verses, but they do have, all of them, have their guidelines, unless newly invented, which happens every---single---day by little wee folk such as yourselves? However, there are many religions that do have verses, namely your torah, namely guidelines, namely super ultra STRICT guidelines such as YOUR torah, if you knew ANYTHING at all about being an orthodox jew in which case you obviously don't, to go by. In no possible way are you an orthodox jew. Try harder. Invent better excuses please. Oh and oh yeah, just exactly how were you bar mitzvahed IF you don't believe in using verses from YOUR religion you total drab of barren ignorance? Don't even bother posting your final round.
YakovF

Con

Stop being so arrogant. Stop putting words in my mouth. You don't me personally. I have way of believing. I don't just take the words of others. To know if the Purim story is true, I use global history to see if they line up. Guess what? They do. I never said I didn't believe verses. I said verses doesn't validate the Torah itself. I have no idea even why you are bashing my religion and saying God isn't real, because we come back to this:
Not once have you addressed my argument that God doesn't exist and is at the same time genocidal. Let's say I'm an atheist for the argument sake. How is God genocidal? You have never once addressed this despite me asking it. He can't be. If God exists, he is righteous. If he doesn't, he can't commit genocide. You are wrong according to atheism and religion. Call your title "Does God Exist?" rather than "god is deliberate genocide".
Posted by backwardseden 2 years ago
backwardseden
When she dies does she get to go to heaven? If she gets to go to heaven will she be happy? And she"ll probably say "yes". And you say "Will you be able to choose and do anything you want while you are in heaven?" And she"ll say "yes." And so you are basically saying "you"ll have free will in heaven?" So you have free will in heaven and no one is being hurt, raped, so you can do anything you want and no one gets hurt. If god has that power in heaven, he must have that power on earth. So he"s chose not to set that condition/ toggle switch which means he"s a dick. Phil Ferguson

Oh and btw, smarty panty ignorant one, I do know A LOT more about YOUR god, religion and bible than YOU ---ever--- will.

Now when people like you and the obvious idiot debater here have to invent excuses and or flat out lie in order to gain their miserable teeny bopper attention and they truly don't know what they are talking about especially on the subjects that they claim to having knowledge upon and they really don't, they, like you have earned the right to be insulted, degraded, and dehumanized. That's something you will learn in college. I never asked you to post 3 FRICKEN TIMES. Nor am I here to please you. And if you don't like it, leave. I've got genuine friends - those that will go way way wayyyyyy of of their way to help me out in time of dire need and NEVER ask me a single question. Do you? Perhaps. But so so so many here on debate.org do not. And they are so so so easy to spot. Its a HUGE red flag. They flat out deserve it. And they will die alone.
Posted by backwardseden 2 years ago
backwardseden
@WannaBePhoenix - You show me or anyone where in the bible, anywhere that YOUR christian god says something to the effect of "I the LORD thy god grants man free will." The fact of the matter is that it doesn't exist. Not anywhere. So in fact your god does NOT grant you Free Will of any kind. Period. But in truth, I hope you find it because then that would mean that YOUR bible hypocritically contradicts itself YET AGAIN for the thousandth time or so with all of its inconsistencies, because there so many verses that prove that god does not grant Free Will. Now here"s some vidies that proves that YOUR god in no possible way grants man free will. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION. Nah. I know the true coward that you are that you will do no such a thing. Its either that or they, with all the intelligence in the world and you having none, that they will all sail right over your head.

http://www.youtube.com... - All Knowing god versus Free Will: The Greatest Religious Contradiction
http://www.youtube.com... - Free Will With god
http://www.youtube.com... - god Favors Evil
http://www.youtube.com... - god allows Free Will?

Tracie Harris: "Your question was regarding free will as an argument for allowing suffering. That's when you get into the problem of evil. Now the problem of evil as we all know is not an argument that demonstrates that no god exists or that god exists. What it demonstrates is that god is your god is an a$$eth. What she's telling you is she believes in a god, and I assume she worships this god? Its like is she 'happy' about her god?" Caller: "Oh oh yeah everything except for the old testament." Tracie "In other words what she is saying is 'I love this god who believes that the free will of the rapist is more important than the free will of the child being raped. That I think that its worth it to have a child be raped because I really really put a high value on a rapist's free will.
Posted by WannaBePhoenix 2 years ago
WannaBePhoenix
Pro's clear ignorant, distasteful, emotional-filled response shows how uneducated on the subject he is. You can have a debate without personally attacking one's self. If you're conduct doesn't change toward the opinions of others, you will never make it successful in this world, let alone this website.
Posted by WannaBePhoenix 2 years ago
WannaBePhoenix
And I'd also like to say that Con definitely destroyed Pro with that lost comment.
Posted by WannaBePhoenix 2 years ago
WannaBePhoenix
God created this people, yes. But it he created them with free will. The purpose of free will is to show that people's love for Him is genuine; if they were forced to love him, that love would be pointless. So He gifts us with free will; a gift that comes with the drawback of temptation leading humans to be naturally evil.
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Some people create gods so they can create themself... Some people create themself.. And do not have to comit genoside..Unless it is what they think they have to do..