billsands
DonnyBoi

gun control

billsands

Pro

All Fire arms hand guns and rifles must be licensed and registered like automobiles are. You must pass a test to see you are skilled sane and not a criminal or a crazy, Drug abuse domestic abuse means you can't have a gun. Military style semi automatic rifles may remain legal but must be more strictly regualte for example require a destructive weapons permit to possess one.
DonnyBoi

Con

I'm actually against almost all guns, Besides handguns and partially shotguns.

If you own a shooting range, Though; I feel like there should be an exception. Guns are cool to use, Don't get me wrong. So if we can hold them in a safe area, Where they'll be used safely, I wouldn't mind.

I believe in self defense, So handguns and some shotguns should be legal. But I don't believe they should require any licence. Before I get into why I think a licence shouldn't be required, I'll get into why I think only handguns and some shotguns should be legal.

To start off, There is no reason to own an automatic rifle, A sniper, Or even an SMG. The 2nd amendment was passed for open carry to simply defend yourself. You don't need a full on automatic rifle to defend yourself no-a-days, We have police officers and military to do that. If put into the wrong hands, Those guns can prove to be lethal.

Anyways, Onto why I think no licence should be required: because it wouldn't help. At all. Already, The majority of the U. S requires some sort of licence/training before being able to own a firearm. For example, The city of Chicago has one of the most strict gun controls, And shootings appear there constantly. Anyone can get a gun, Honestly. You watch videos on YouTube, You can see these gangbangers with AK47's, SMGs, Shotguns, Etc.

In conclusion, I'm against putting a license on weapons. And I think only handguns and some shotguns should be legal, But that 2nd part is for another debate. Putting a license on weapons would not really do anything, At all. Kids can still access their parents gun safes, Gangmembers can still purchase guns illegally, And so forth.
billsands

Pro

billsands forfeited this round.
DonnyBoi

Con

My opponent has forfeited his turn. Meaning I have nothing to rebuttal.
billsands

Pro

I am not saying that all guns should be banned, Or in fact any guns, Although military type assault style weapons have a dubious role to play in civilian hands, I will say at this point i wish we could just get rid of the second amendment, Using it is like a bad parent telling a kid "because i said so" it makes no sense in a modern society, It does not make people more free just more terrified and likely to die
if guns are properly regualted and proper safeguards implemeted a compromise may be reached most law abiding types may have their guns if they will accept a bit of inconvenience such a licensing registration training and medical check ups and back rund checks of a much more throughall nature those might say that criminals don't follow the law, This is a silly argument because the stricter the laws are the harder it is for criminals to get guns much research show s this is the case
DonnyBoi

Con

DonnyBoi forfeited this round.
Posted by EJR925 3 years ago
EJR925
Assault rife is a made up term to demonize the weapon. It's a semi-automatic rifle.
Posted by DonnyBoi 3 years ago
DonnyBoi
@zhaod1 I will not speak for other countries.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
@DonnyBoi
Actually both the 2008 and the 2010 case from Chicago both ruled that it was unconstitutional to ban the ownership of guns in any state or district.
Posted by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
DonnyBoi
You can't use the Constitution because not everyone lives in America.
Posted by DonnyBoi 3 years ago
DonnyBoi
@Block19
"The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms and was adopted on December 15, 1791 as part of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court ruled in the 2008 Heller decision that the right belongs to individuals in their homes for self-defense. "
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
Fully automatic guns are fun to shoot at ranges, Snipers are good for hunting game, And smg's are basically more tactile version of pistols. The 2nd amendment was not passed for open carry and self defense, That is just an assumption you made based on your own ideals. Depending on the circumstance a fully automatic weapon is the ideal weapon for home defense.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
Im pretty sure a criminal investigation takes place at that point.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Ok so what happens when you pass all these checks and leave your gun out for your bi-polar kid or schizo kid to take to school and kill everyone because he is being bullied like the Sandy Hook shooter, The Columbine shooters or you just snap like the Vegas shooter or the Virginia Tec shooter?