billsands
fool_remixed

gun control

billsands

Pro

Keeping a gun in the house for self defense is counter productive, Those that do are more likely either to shoot a loved one or themselves than they are a burglar, Carrying a fire arm will not make you safer, States that have made it easier to conceal and carry have not exerienced drops in crime, They have actually seen crime rates go up compared to states with stricter concela and carry laws, Its better just to save your money and move to a safer naighborhood, And aviod dangerous situations, People obseesed with weapons will go looking for trouble, They are a dangerous deceit you feel safer but you are not.
fool_remixed

Con

i need guns to shoot rabbits. Rabbits are my only food source, If i can't shoot them ill die.

i also need to defend myself from common street hooligans such as yourself, Lest they try to thieve my family jewels.
billsands

Pro

Hunting to me is a very legitmate reason to have a gun, I'm not with Peta, My sister lives in the uk, And my family is from Holland (the Netherlands) getting a hunting weapon is not that hard, A fire arm for self defense is almost unheard in Holland, In the UK it is explicitly prohibited. . Again if you keep a gun in your home you are 5 times more likely to shoot a loved one or yourself. Nations that have strict gun laws are almost always safer places to live.
fool_remixed

Con

but what if my dastardly uncle mor'guug brings his goons to assassinate me?
billsands

Pro

some countries do allow guns to be kept for self defense in such cases psecial training is allowed, Often ex police and military, People with training are given special priority as they are qualified, Otherwise do what i do, Keep a baseball bat handy just in case, Lock yourself in a safe room and call the police, We pay the police to keep the law, We do not do that ourselves
fool_remixed

Con

fool! You underestimate his strength. Do you think a powerful sorcerer such as my uncle could be bested by a mere baseball bat? Not to mention his superhuman goons! I am in grave danger, I fear.