Labrat228
blond_guy

Gun Rights

Challenge Expired or Declined
blond_guy either declined this challenge, or never responded to it. If you are Labrat228, login to see your options.
Updated: 10 years ago Status: Challenge Declined

Labrat228

Pro

I will debate with this perimeter, Every American citizen but those who have committed a violent crime should have gun rights.

I will open with this simple statement, and a short quote.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

I would like to wish my opponent good luck, for he will need it.
And i will ask the voters to please vote fairly, rather that be against me or not.
Posted by chunkylover64 4 hours ago
chunkylover64
A semi automatic can't shoot 500 rounds a minute only an Assault rifle that is an automatic can do that. I have an AR-15 I tried to see how many rounds I could shoot it was 63. If I had a bigger clip there would be more most likely. Defense cases are very common as the FBI reported 500,000 to 3,000,000 cases last year alone and that was during the gun control debate. Guns are not the reason why people are dying, it's the people behind the sights. In order to live some of us have to die, that's been society ever since the Sumerians. I'd like to say kids are dying but banning guns aren't the answer. An answer is firearms training and/or funding mental health.
Posted by billsands 1 month ago
billsands
there is no right to won a gun it is a privilege for those that prove they are fit
Posted by brolaw 1 month ago
brolaw
The gun is not making the decision to shoot them it is the person who is behind the gun who is making the decision.
Posted by JS11PA11 1 month ago
JS11PA11
Guns do kill people.
People also kill people.
Guns are good and bad.

There's a haiku for you.
Posted by asta 6 months ago
asta
Semi automatic weapons are necessary to defend against multiple people. One can only be lucky if they can do this with a pistol and when defending your home, you shouldn't rely on luck.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 7 months ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Automatic rifles were already invented at that time-lol. Any gun can be used for a mass murder. People need guns to defend themselves and a tyrannical government.
Posted by Nathan_7 8 months ago
Nathan_7
I am not saying guns should be taken away from everybody, The second amendment was made at a time where guns couldn't shoot 500 rounds a minute they were made when their were hunting rifle that were you used for war and food nothing else.