Labrat228
blond_guy

Gun Rights

Challenge Expired or Declined
blond_guy either declined this challenge, or never responded to it. If you are Labrat228, login to see your options.
Updated: 11 years ago Status: Challenge Declined

Labrat228

Pro

I will debate with this perimeter, Every American citizen but those who have committed a violent crime should have gun rights.

I will open with this simple statement, and a short quote.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

I would like to wish my opponent good luck, for he will need it.
And i will ask the voters to please vote fairly, rather that be against me or not.
Posted by GodlessGourd 5 months ago
GodlessGourd
semi automatic assault rifle with low capacity- good

automatic assault rifle- bad

high capacity assault rifle- bad

you don't need high capacity or high fire rate to defend yourself.
Posted by DJGamer2005 8 months ago
DJGamer2005
We live in the United States, Where our very own Founding Fathers have given us the right to Bear Arms. With that being said, American citizens should still have the right to own a gun. Now, With all the mass shootings and chaos going on right now, It is very clear that the Founding Fathers didn't consider future circumstances and forgot to put restrictions. War weapons were meant for WAR and WAR ONLY. Civilians should NOT, Under ANY circumstances, Have the right to a war weapon. A pistol is understandable; a semi-automatic machine gun is plain phsycopathic.
Posted by enurzia 11 months ago
enurzia
The gun doesn't have a mind of it's own and go around forcing its' owner to shoot people. People themselves shoot other people. The gun doesn't make the decision on whether people pull the trigger or not.
Posted by Social_experiments 11 months ago
Social_experiments
What the actual hell. The Corrupt sheriff of Nevada holding a concentration camp for Hispanics said that guns don't kill people kill. If you take guns away, Mass murders aren't so one sided. One guy can't enter a school and kill 50 people. The on campus police have weapons and remove the threat. Guns kill, People kill, People use guns to kill. If guns don't kill, Then if you get shot with a gun by a person you shouldn't die right? See how ridiculous that sounds? Guns kill, I don't know how people have this mindset where guns don't kill, It pisses me off.
Posted by chunkylover64 1 year ago
chunkylover64
A semi automatic can't shoot 500 rounds a minute only an Assault rifle that is an automatic can do that. I have an AR-15 I tried to see how many rounds I could shoot it was 63. If I had a bigger clip there would be more most likely. Defense cases are very common as the FBI reported 500, 000 to 3, 000, 000 cases last year alone and that was during the gun control debate. Guns are not the reason why people are dying, It's the people behind the sights. In order to live some of us have to die, That's been society ever since the Sumerians. I'd like to say kids are dying but banning guns aren't the answer. An answer is firearms training and/or funding mental health.
Posted by billsands 1 year ago
billsands
there is no right to won a gun it is a privilege for those that prove they are fit
Posted by brolaw 1 year ago
brolaw
The gun is not making the decision to shoot them it is the person who is behind the gun who is making the decision.
Posted by JS11PA11 1 year ago
JS11PA11
Guns do kill people.
People also kill people.
Guns are good and bad.

There's a haiku for you.
Posted by asta 2 years ago
asta
Semi automatic weapons are necessary to defend against multiple people. One can only be lucky if they can do this with a pistol and when defending your home, you shouldn't rely on luck.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 2 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Automatic rifles were already invented at that time-lol. Any gun can be used for a mass murder. People need guns to defend themselves and a tyrannical government.