salmaayman
tater_thots

hitting your children should be considered a crime

tater_thots has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

salmaayman

Pro

some parents think that because you children are yours you can hit them. I strongly believe that this is not true because hitting your child is abusing them and i think that it should be a crime just as raping someone because in both cases you are abusing them.
tater_thots

Con

ok, everything you just explained is called discipline. Yes, hitting your child for no reason is abuse, but for something they did wrong like braking something purposely or lying about grades or whatever, they need to know that this is wrong so when they grow up they don't do the same thing. abuse is a strong word when coming to this topic. you claim that it should be a crime, so apparently it is a crime to teach your kids a lesson?
salmaayman

Pro

people say that hitting your children for reasons like lying about grades or breaking something on propose is okay, but parents cant teach them that those things are bad without hitting them i mean there are many other ways to teach children things for example you can have a talk with them or you can show them in another way, a way that doesn't hurt them. when anyone hits their child they shall not expect them to forget because children don't forget these things in fact when you hit them they will eventually be scared of you and this can cause damage in a family relationship
tater_thots

Con

Ok let me restate myself cause apparently you are forgetting what discipline is. What if simply just talking to your child isn"t enough. What if they continue doing there bad behavior and disobey. Parents want to do what"s best for their kids and want them to be a well mannered person. You must be confusing the face between abuse and discapline. You children will not and should not be afraid of their parents just because they got a little tap on their rear end. Of course children are not going to forget that they got a spank but who says they won"t? You mean to be telling me that children are gonna hate their parents for the rest of their lives just because they got a Spaken? Now I can see that they constantly hit their child which involves DCF or whatever but if you get one once, I"m pretty sure you learned your lesson. And just in case you didn"t know or you didn"t In this case I decided to give you definitions of what ABUSE and DISCAPLINE mean so you can see the difference
DISCAPLINE: the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.
ABUSE:treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

Please do research and pay more attention in class before you confuse your self with definitions
salmaayman

Pro

It looks that you had so much research on this topic and i just wanted to ask you whether you are a student or a parent because this argument may be seen from different eyes. let me just tell you that what you said is unquestionably horrible, and if you think i don't know my definitions you are wrong. I see no reason you would call hitting your children is discipline. Hitting children teaches them to become hitters themselves. In fact anger and violence build up in the child. children will get the idea that it is an appropriate way to express feelings and solve problem when really it is not. Punishment interferes with the bond between parent and child, as it is not human natural to feel loving toward someone who hurts us. parents are the role models of their children thus they should not hit them but show them acts of wisdom and kindness, and as Benjamin Spock said "Parents have come to realize that children can be well behaved, cooperative, and polite without ever having been punished physically." I see a big difference between discipline and abuse but not what you are stating you are claiming that hitting your child is okay because you are teaching them a lesson but i think it is horrible teaching them a lesson by hitting them.
Posted by salmaayman 2 years ago
salmaayman
no, it is not already in places like egypt it is ok
Posted by Minddagger 2 years ago
Minddagger
Isint it already?