Masdebating69
Ozil11FTW

iPhones are Garbage

Ozil11FTW has forfeited round #3.
Started: 7/8/2018 Category: Technology

Masdebating69

Pro

Buying the new iPhone every year is like paying $50/week for a magazine subscription to the exact same issue. To put that simile into perspective:
iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8: DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR, 2GB RAM

iPhones are a scam, they leave out any type of features or performance you want because it was cost too much, and spend all profits on advertisement and production. They have brainwashed millions of Americans into believing it's the best phone ever made. The iPhone 4, WAS, the best phone ever made, for it's time. Every phone afterward, they added the most minor detail possible; an inch to the screen, an extra 0.1 GHz to the processor, and a deliberate defect that can destroy the phone with something as little as a software update, like the iOS 11.3.2 update for instance, that overloaded the iPhone 6, 6S, and SE and made them heat up and die, and made the network LTE band on the 7 and 7 Plus break. But, let's not forget to mention the iPhone 8 Plus, that is EXPLODING, and still on sale.

More to the reason for all of these defects is that the Apple Care program is offering you an easier way to have your $700 phone deliberately broken by the manufacturer so you can pay to have it repaired, after they take your device and replace it, the old device is used for spare parts, and the used parts are then integrated into their newer, more expensive models, like the 8, 8 Plus, and X. Yes, people, they are made of USED PARTS.

Furthermore, it being the only company that uses (and is allowed to use) the iOS platform, whenever review sites do benchmarks and tests between iPhones and android phones, iPhones always tend to "soar through" because technically, they are making continuous minor updates to the original processor to try and run the original software (that hasn't had any features added in years) faster. When you compare it to a Samsung that has quadruple the cores, its not really a fair fight, seeing as it is running Android firmware, with Samsung specific extra features, and is running several processes and features at once instead of just the benchmark app they are using. Comparing an iPhones performance to a Samsung is like comparing a Fiat 500 to a V12 Formula 1 racer, and saying the Fiat won because they were testing gas mileage.

"The iPhone has better parts"
iPhones have a long history of breaking within a year of getting it. Samsung's and other higher quality Android devices have lasted 4-5 years of moderate use easily if taken care of. It's rumored the new "A11 Bionic" in the 8 Plus and X is actually made by Qualcomm, it's CONFIRMED that the OLED screen in the iPhone X is made by Samsung and the "revolutionary camera" by Sony, the same camera, in fact, that is in the Galaxy Note 8.
Ozil11FTW

Con

I think while you may have many valid points that are fair if you were able to show reputable sources showing these claims, you are still looking in the wrong aspect of what makes an iPhone one of a kind. The whole aspect which made iPhone the revolutionary device is the fact the user interface is so user friendly and once you look closely into what makes Apple users so loyal you realize it"s not the hardware your so narrowingly focusing on but it"s the lifestyle that forms from using an Apple product it sais more as to who a person is than the hardware because that"s irrelevant when you see the brand as a whole. The brand did something no other phone manufacturer did and that is create a following in the brand and what it stands for which is what creates this movement of people that will buy most products for the brand behind it not how many giggs the thing has. This is why there is such a huge customer base not because people have been brain washed. It"s the same reason people get a Harley Davidson tattoo or a mug of their favourite sports team they don"t care how much liquid the mug can hold they like what the mug stands for as a whole this can explain why Apple always provide boxes with stickers. You are looking from an outsiders perspective which is the same as Somone not understanding why anyone would get a tattoo of a bike brand in their body not understanding what the brand means to them. My next argument is you may not have any Apple products so you may not know that once you have two or more products you are welcomed to this ecosystem Apple provides and that is so intuitive and convenient for a user such as receiving messages on either Apple product you own and replying with any or photos notes reminders schedules all perfectly working in harmony is something Apple does so flawlessly that no Apple product is excluded from the bubble and this is such a convenience that all users enjoy. It is something Apple has worked so hard to get perfect and something that is so unique and that no Samsung or Sony products could compete with.
Masdebating69

Pro

Despite your atrocious spelling and grammar you are right, the iPhone is one of a kind. Like I said before, it's been one of a kind since the first iPhone. The difference between the iPhone and other phones is that every year a new one comes out and it's the same one of a kind phone you bought in 2004. The problem with that is if you've been loyal to apple since it's first release and bought the new one every year since on release, you've invested on average $500/year into a phone you already have. It may have a great "user friendly" interface, but since that's Apple user's only real argument nobody has ever taken the time to try the Android user interface simply because they already know how to use the iPhone and either afraid to try something knew or afraid to see how frail and dim-featured it actually is. The seamless organization of home screens, the option to circle them back at the end, home screen widgets (both built-in, and downloadable), and the fact you can even get launchers to make your phone an iPhone? Revolutionary. Android is the friendliest user interface ever made. All you have to do is set it up and customize it once and it works exactly how YOU want it, not just how it's made.

I "narrowingly" focus on the hardware because it's LITERALLY what the phone is made of. You can't make a house out of straw or sticks and expect a wolf not to blow it down. If you make your house with bricks, it will stand for a very long time. This is something we learned in grade school. Most Android devices are using AT LEAST a Quad-Core processor. Samsung has been using an Octa-Core processor in mass production since the Galaxy S6. Even the cheaper budget Android device are out performing and out featuring iPhones for less than $200 (with the same easy-to-use user interface). When the "brand as a whole" has been swindling people for years into buying the same phone they already have, it's hard to see the appeal. When you "create a following in the brand" you start a movement that means something, when all it means is they are never going to make a new phone, and the following is based upon lies, its more like an extreme dictatorship; like North Korea. Also as you stated immediately after, all brands have made a following in the brand. Not just Apple, obviously. Brands that don't have a following don't have sales, so all brands have a following. You also didn't mention "How?" Apple created a movement or what it stands for. Additionally, "how many giggs the thing has" is a very bleak phrase. The storage in cell phones is measured in gigabytes, Android phones offer you more by giving you SD card capability, and people literally buy iPhones based on their storage (again obviously). You mentioned a second time people buy it for what it stands for but haven't explained what that is.

Stating that I am "looking from an outsiders perspective" was horribly out of line. Sorry if I forgot to mention that I was an iPhone user first and have experience with them before beginning the argument, I began with the iPhone 3GS and I still today use an iPod 5 and iPad Mini because they are convenient off-hand devices, but the phones are a scam. I realized that ever since the iPhone 5. I don't know if they meant it that way before hand (because the 3GS and 4 were pretty great) but every phone after that was a scam. From personal experience, I work for Sprint. I help sales reps in stores complete transactions, and because of security policies the only way any retailer can activate a replacement device is by calling Sprint Sales Support. I receive on average 40 calls a day (out of 60 total) from Apple stores across America. at least 35 of those 40 calls are specifically replacing a device already active on the account (by that I mean they would usually have an 8, 8 Plus, or X, and are replacing with the same model), and with that in mind, I also work in a room full of people that work the same job and take calls with the same statistic. I, and more experienced agents that work above me, have never received a call from Samsung since I started working here, but the calls from Apple stores are becoming more and more abundant. One call I received, an agent literally told me he had to replace the SIM card as well because the device had exploded. If you actually look online you can find testimonials from Apple technical support workers that exclaim 90% of workers avoid apple products. Their department take back to back calls constantly because there is always something wrong with them.

Lastly, your "intuitive and convenient" messaging is actually better with android as you get the exact same function, except it works on every device that you can open Google on, including Apple devices.

https://www.samsung.com...
https://www.zdnet.com...
Ozil11FTW

Con

I have a lot of points but I"m lazy didn"t think debating on text would be this boring and your right I only made this account to take your debate because all the other ones were music links and other garbage honestly it"s just personal preference on what phone you enjoy more and it"s such a subjective topic which is why both phones can be seen as great or garbage for example androids are extremely intuitive customizable smartphones or for poor people who can"t afford anything else or Apple is what I said in last arguement or a scam it"s kust what caters to an individual there is no right or wrong or else one of these brands would of gone bankrupt a while ago anyways thanks for being my first debator this was kinda fun at first but gets lame you win sorry dropping out but this is too much work it"s all personal preference
Masdebating69

Pro

If choosing between using an iPhone and an Android is personal preference, you are choosing between paying more for less or less for more, which is a very easy decision, but some have chosen the wrong path. An easy to use, customizable interface is what caters to the individual. I would call a phone that can be anything, including an iPhone, catering to the individual.
But please, fairly, make enough arguments to push the debate through to voting. Even if the arguments are only one letter, it'd be great if the argument went through to the voting period.
Posted by Bakedbeans 1 month ago
Bakedbeans
Who needs all of this fancy technology when you can get yourself a good ol' nokia
Posted by Masdebating69 4 months ago
Masdebating69
You're not really doing that bad. I just didn't mean to make the debate this many rounds. Thanks for accepting the debate and hope to see you again soon
Posted by Masdebating69 4 months ago
Masdebating69
going to argue back today? running out of time.
Posted by Masdebating69 4 months ago
Masdebating69
and lose, apparently
Posted by Masdebating69 4 months ago
Masdebating69
if you look at his account, he literally joined the website and started this account just to accept this debate
Posted by pali1 4 months ago
pali1
lol
Posted by Masdebating69 4 months ago
Masdebating69
I guess I silenced him...
Posted by Masdebating69 4 months ago
Masdebating69
Also I would like to thank my opponent for accepting the debate.
Posted by Masdebating69 4 months ago
Masdebating69
what people don't get is that android phones are just as simple and secure as iphones, as with both phones, the only way to get a virus or give anyone access, is to do it yourself. The operating system isn't getting into the phones, people are. and android phone are just as simple if not more simple than iphones, people just don't realize its not a dumb interface that works one way that youre supposed to learn, its a customizable interface that you can personalize so you don't have to learn it and it works the way you want it to, and if you just like the iphone interface, you can download iphone launchers and widgets!
Posted by mhk220 4 months ago
mhk220
I agree with you. Android phones in general allow you to do more. You can get free apps easily, root your phone easily which is like jailbreaking, get free music through it (same with games and apps), and much much more. I say iPhones are for people who just want a really simple and secure device, while Samsung is for people who want to do more things on their device free of charge and with freedom. Apple doesn't allow jailbreaking to happen while Android phones "allow" it.