ironicknick
DanielPrev

is slavery bad always?

ironicknick has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ironicknick

Pro

not always
DanielPrev

Con

Hello! I am excited to be competing in my first debate on this website with you! With all do respect, sometimes I may come across as "mean", but in truth, my intent is not to be mean to anyone. Since I am behind a computer screen, sometimes it is hard to express emotions in just words, rather than through tone of voice, expressions, etc. Also, sometimes I may use caps. Caps is not a way of shouting when debating, but I just use it to draw attention to a specific word/point. Good luck to you, and let's keep this a friendly debate (no being toxic, etc)!

Anyways, now that is out of the way, my first request of you is to explain what you mean by not always. I do not understand how treating other HUMAN beings like tools is not wrong. I feel as though ANY form of slavery is wrong, and it does not matter what the intent of the "owner" (sorry for the lack of a better word) is, if another human being is being used for personal gain that is just pure evil.

Slavery is wrong under any circumstance.
ironicknick

Pro

yeah man you're right
DanielPrev

Con

Um, well, so this is a little awkward.

Is this the end of the debate or what?
Posted by Minddagger 3 years ago
Minddagger
isnt jail slavery? your chained up and your forced to do jobs.