KIng_Bob2
Kvng_8

is the earth flat

Kvng_8

KIng_Bob2

Pro

THE EARTH IS FLAT! I don't has any proofs, But i thinks the earth is the big flat.
also, 1st round is for acceptance
Kvng_8

Con

It will help your side greatly if you provided proof or sources if you can. Good luck.
KIng_Bob2

Pro

First, Go to this link and read the article there, Https://wiki. Tfes. Org/Experimental_Evidence
The earth is flat because the government is lying to us. We only make globes because mapmakers decided to change things for people when they thought they discovered that the earth was flat.
Kvng_8

Con

If the earth was flat it would effects gravity, Time, The seasons and life on earth in many ways.

Gravity.
Hypothetical point: Since the earth is flat then it must have edges. If the earth is flat, The center of the earth would feel normal, But as you move toward the outer edges of the earth, Gravity would begin to push you back towards the center of the earth. Gravity pulls objects toward the center. On a round planet, It pulls you toward the ground, But on a flat planet gravity would pull you toward the center of the flat disc-like earth. This means as you got closer to the edge, It would pull you backward toward the center. It would feel like a sensation of climbing up a steep hill, Or perhaps carrying excessive weights. Plant stems also grow opposite to the direction of gravity. If the earth were flat as you got closer and closer to the edge, Plants would begin to grow at an angle. The further away from the center, The more intense the angle plants would grow. So if you reach the edge of the disc, Would you fall off and into space? No. You wouldn't fall off to space just as you wouldn't on a spherical earth. Gravity keeps you stuck to the earth.

Realistic point: The spherical earth. A person can walk forever on earth, And it will never end. Why? Because 1. The earth is round. 2. Gravity keeps them bound. 3. If the earth was flat there is no way that a person can continuously walk the earth or jog for miles, Because if they reach the edge of the earth, They won't be able to continue. There is a marathon runner named Dean Karnazes who basically ran majority of the earth. This is just a taste of what he's done. (1)

- Ran 350 miles (560 km) in 80 hours and 44 minutes without sleep in 2005
- Single-handedly completed "The Relay", A 199-mile (320 km) run from Calistoga to Santa Cruz, Eleven times.
- Ran a marathon to the South Pole in −13 °F (−25 °C) temperatures without snowshoes in 2002
- Ran a marathon in each of the 50 states in 50 consecutive days in 2006.

That alone effortlessly debunks the earth being flat. If the earth is flat how is he able to run half the world? If the earth is flat, It would be impossible or extremely difficult for him to jog that much.

Time.
If the earth were flat, Time would also be effected. Currently everyone on earth sees sunrises and sunsets at different times, But if the earth were flat, Time zones wouldn't exist. Because of longitude, Someone in New York sees the sunrise approximately 3 hours before someone in California and every point in between New York and California the sun rises at a different time. This is because the earth is round. If it were flat, Everyone would see the same sunrise and sunset and everyone on earth would set their clocks at the same time.

Seasons.
Our seasons would also be drastically different if the earth were flat. Everyone on earth would experience summer, Winter, Spring and autumn at the same time. You know how when it's summer in the United States it's winter in Australia? This is because the sun's rays which are perfectly parallel strike the earth at different angles during different parts of the year. If the earth were flat, The sun would always strike the earth at the same angle which would mean that everyone on earth would experience the same seasons at the same time of the year.

Lunar Eclipse.
We would also not be able to see lunar eclipses in the same way we do now. The shape of our round earth's shadow is what creates the lunar eclipse. If the earth were flat that means there's only one possible orientation that the sun moon earth alignment would create a circular shadow. Lunar eclipses would only occur at a midnight position, But the sun, Earth and moon perfectly aligned.

Other planets.
Since you think the earth is flat, Does that make other planets flat as well? Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, And Neptune, Are all of those flat?

Brief Closing.
The earth is not flat. It is very round, An almost perfect sphere.

If that didn't convince you or other flat earthers then I don't know what will.

Source:
(1) - Dean Karnazes [Wikipedia]
KIng_Bob2

Pro

Gravity- gravity doesn't exist, We stay on the earth because density. Also, , You can't walk all the way around, You'll hit the ice wall in antarctica.
Time- the sun is a spotlight which only shines on one area, So not the whole flat earth is under the light at the same time.
Seasons- the spotlight is 32 miles in diameter and only 700-300 miles away. When it's closer, It's summer. When it's farther away, It's winter.
Lunar eclipse- Eclipses are caused by a celestial body orbiting the sun called the "shadow object". When it passes between the sun and the moon, We have an eclipse
Other planets- the earth is not a planet.
sources-https://www. Livescience. Com/63648-flat-earth-explanation-for-the-equinox. Html
Kvng_8

Con

You auto lost this debate if you said gravity doesn't exist.

Definition of gravity.
The force that attracts a body toward the center of the earth, Or toward any other physical body having mass.

If gravity didn't exist, The oceans, Lakes and other bodies of water would bleed out into space and anything else attached to the ground would also float away, People, Animals, Cars etc.

You auto lost this debate even more with your point about time.

"the sun is a spotlight which only shines on one area"
The sun shines all of earth as the earth rotates on it's axis. By your logic, You're saying the earth doesn't move. Also, The sun is many times bigger than the earth.

The Sun.
The Sun is 864, 400 miles (1, 391, 000 kilometers) across. This is about 109 times the diameter of Earth. The Sun weighs about 333, 000 times as much as Earth. It is so large that about 1, 300, 000 planet Earths can fit inside of it. (1)

So with that in mind, The sun would most definitely shine the whole flat earth at the same time, Especially being that the (hypothetical) flat earth is one flat surface. You know how there's day and night? That's because the earth is round and it spins on it's axis. There is day in some parts of the world and night other parts in the world. That's because of time. Everyone has different time zones, Because the earth is round.

Your points about seasons and the lunar eclipse - invalid.

Other planets.
The earth is a planet. Definition of earth. Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the only astronomical object known to harbor life. According to radiometric dating and other sources of evidence, Earth formed over 4. 5 billion years ago. Earth's gravity interacts with other objects in space, Especially the Sun and the Moon, Earth's only natural satellite. [Wikipedia]

All of your sources are inadequate.

If you'd like to do a Part 2 let me know in the comments. If not, Then the debate is over.

Source:
(1) - coolcosmos. Ipac. Caltech. Edu/ask/5-How-large-is-the-Sun-compared-to-Earth-

I think you're trolling. If you are, Then thanks for wasting my time.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Rest in Peace
Posted by Zomjc22 3 years ago
Zomjc22
Can I get RIP in da chat?
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
When you say "assumptions" and "conspiracy theory" the only thing I can think you are referring to is my gravity point on what if the earth was flat. Understandable I suppose, But it's an irrefutable fact that gravity puts all objects at the center.

"Perhaps not logic at all" lmfao.
As for time, Seasons, And the lunar eclipse point - to put it quite simply, Those are i-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e for you to deny or argue against. Those are facts. Those explain and prove how the earth is a sphere. You don't even need sources for those, I explained them pretty good enough. Either you're not that educated and don't know much about time and seasons or you just want to convince yourself so badly that the earth is flat. If you want sources for anything that bad, Then take a quick search. It's everywhere.

Answer this question: If the earth is flat, How does different parts and regions of the world have different time zones? If the earth were flat, The United States - from California to New York would have the exact same time. There's Pacific Time, Mountain Time, Central Time and Eastern Time.

At the moment as I type:
Pacific Time (6:00PM)
Mountain Time (7:00PM)
Central Time (my time, 8:00PM)
Eastern Time (9:00PM)
If the earth were flat, Those times would be the same, Not different.

Answer this question: If the earth is flat, How come the moon isn't flat? What about all the other planets? Are they flat?

Provide your sources on why you think the earth is flat. I don't need much sources because these are facts. Anyone with common sense knows this. I clearly have the upper hand over you.
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
@Kvng_8 I am not insulting anyone's intelligence. I just feel like your source isn't proved scientifically and also proven in logical ways. In fact, The source you provided based most of their assumption on conspiracy theories and also weird ineffectual personal logic. (Perhaps not logic at all. ) Pardon me for any kind of mistake that you had taken my offense to the wiki as to you. I don't mean any harm or tried to blame you for anything.

In order to prove why that wiki is weird I will quote:
The Earth is flat. The reason that airplane disappears in your sight, It is because the problem with distance.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@LOL98700z

Con did not copy. The best way to find this out is copying what you think was copied into Google and see if an article of some sorts Con did plagiarize from. I just did and did not find lifting off of an article.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Seriously.
What benefit could making everyone believe that the earth is round serve the governments or scientists of the world?
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
Your weather point didn't prove or disprove anything I said btw.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
@LOL98700z

So you're basically accusing me of plagiarizing and you're insulting my intelligence. If that's what you want to think and if that helps you sleep at night, Then hey good for you. That's your business. Anyone who isn't stupid and who has common sense knows the earth isn't flat. Your comment clearly stands by Pro and it displays that you think the earth is flat, Therefore it's impossible for me to even have a conversation with you. In case you need a reminder, The earth isn't flat. Physics dictates that all planets and exoplanets are spherical. Celestial bodies that have substantial mass are molded into a sphere due to gravity, Which pulls objects toward the gravitational center of mass.

Educate yourself on magnetic field. Not even worth arguing about.

Aircraft point - Of course you can't see earth's curvature. The pilot can't and the passengers can't. No matter how high up the airplane is, Of course the earth will continue to seem and appear flat because the earth is MASSIVE. The only way earth's curvature would be visible is if you were in space, Say if you were inside a rocket and you launched into space, You'd see earth's curvature. You can't see the earth's curvature while inside an airplane that's still in the earth's atmosphere.

Weather point - Nice to know. My point still stands about weather which proves that the earth is not flat.

Sorry that you find what I say artificial I presume, But it's called being educated and doing your research. Speaks volumes that you read everything I said, And then you had to go to Wikipedia afterwards. I think you're the dumb one here. Anyways I'll be waiting for your vote on this debate, I'm curious on what it will be. If you vote for Pro, That's gonna be even more hilarious. If you decide not to vote, That proves that I won.
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
Umm. . . . . @Kvng_8 I felt like I just got an intelligence degeneration. . . . . . I actually read that wiki, And it is basically bsing.

How is there a magnetic field? Magnets can't be unipolar
While it's true that unipolar magnets can't exist, This isn't a problem for the Flat Earth. This is because ring magnets, Which are shaped like (you guessed it! ) a flat disk, Are capable of having radial magnetization. In a radial magnet, One magnetic pole is at the center and other other is at all points on the edge of the magnet. A magnet like this can be found in loudspeakers, And perfectly replicates what is found on the Earth.

As a passenger on an aircraft, How is it I can see the curvature of the earth?
Quite simply you cannot. It is widely stated you would need to be at a height of at least 40, 000 ft to get even a hint of curvature if earth were round. Commercial aircraft are not allowed to fly this high. They are only allowed to fly just under this altitude. 36, 000ft might be typical. In addition, The windows on commercial aircraft are small and heavily curved. Even if they flew high enough for a person to see curvature, It would still not be visible to passengers.

How is weather created in FET?
Many weather patterns are actually created by the land itself. For example - rain shadow. Rain shadow is where somewhere on the eastern side of a mountain range (because weather/clouds travel from the west generally) is deprived of rain not just once, But nearly all the time. This is because the clouds are forced upwards by the mountains blocking their path and become cooler and condense, Meaning water droplets form and it rains on/before the mountains thereby not raining on the leeward side.

Other weather patterns are created by geographic position like the tropics being humid - they are surrounded by water which is constantly warmed and evaporated.

That's quote. . . . . .
Posted by KIng_Bob2 3 years ago
KIng_Bob2
k i totally don't believe any of that crap. Just wanted to see if i could make people mad.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
KIng_Bob2Kvng_8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though Pro admitted to having no evidence Con did entertain the thought with the hypothetical. Even when they just thought about it. Con did provide more points that were left unanswered by Pro.
Vote Placed by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
KIng_Bob2Kvng_8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave superficial and questionable sources, while Con actually gave solid arguments and presented reliable sources. Good one for noting that "You auto lost this debate if you said gravity doesn't exist", Con!