backwardseden
SHARINGISCARINGg

jesus was a liar, a fraud, was clearly insane, not the messiah, told you to get rid of your family

backwardseden has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

There are many on this planet who claim of themselves to christians. But in reality its nearly a 100% true impossibility. This is true for several reasons....

Rules: Counteract was is stated here in RD1 as well as the video and prove that christ was/ is worthy of being the messiah.

http://www.youtube.com...;- The Video is entitled "Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus?"

1. Pay attention closely:
*Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
*Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
*2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
*Psalm 19:7 "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."
In other words god’s word is PERFECT. It cannot be changed by anyone or anything. Christ, being the lowly drab that he supposedly was in which like god who in which nobody can even prove has ever existed could---not---change---god’s---laws---because---god’s---word---is---PERFECT---and---cannot---be---changed. Got it?
Oh yeah supposed christians also change the bible with countless updates, including changing WHAT GOD AND JESUS SAID for christ sake which never works, to suit their wants needs and desires.

2. god never appointed this travesty named jesus as the messiah and thus gave him super duper powers to change his laws. god never stated anywhere in his bible something to the effect of "I the lord thy god grants jesus the power to change my laws, rules and regulations." The fact of the matter is, is that it doesn't exist anywhere. But in truth I hope that you find it, because then that would mean that your god has appointed a well known liar. And if god is god, this supposed god would know that this jesus would lie. AND he would also know that this jesus would point blank do it several times.

3. jesus flat out lied SEVERAL TIMES in the printed bible which is most certainly not becoming of any messiah.
* Matthew 16:28 “Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”
* Mark 9:1 “And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.”
* Luke 9:27 “But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Taken from The Secular Web- Fatal Bible Flaws? “Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom. This was said almost 2000 years ago.(Note: This passage and many others indicate that Jesus was to come again in a relatively short period of time and not just "quickly" as present day Biblicists assert. All of his listeners are now dead, yet Jesus has not come again in his kingdom. All of the alleged words of Jesus put forth in the Bible are therefore suspect.)”
* Mark 16: 17-18 “17 “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
Well gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, how many have YOU personally witnessed who have survived who can drink a snake’s poison and survive? “A believer can handle snakes or drink poison and not experience any harm.
(Note: Many unfortunate believers have died as a result of handling snakes and/or drinking poison; this kind of assertion negates the Bible as a useful guidebook for life. It should also be noted that the oldest manuscripts of Mark end at MK 16:8; as the footnotes to The New Oxford Annotated Bible put it, verses 9-20 cannot have been part of the original text of Mark.)” Yes Your bible says this. So be the klutz of the year and follow this and see where it get you!!! Why DEAD of course!!!
* Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
* John 14:13 “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
Yep yep yeppers so go right ahead and pray for that golden rolls royce and for it to show up at tomorrow’s b-day only to see that it will never show up. Pray for that annoying skyscraper to be pounded to dust because it is blocking your view, only to see that it will never happen, pray for the sun to go supernova because you are a sick individual and you want to see the world end only to see that it will never happe. Oh yes pray for ANYTHING in jesus’s name and expect to get it because that’s EXACTLY what YOUR bible says. Yeah Its all oe big brownshoed lie by your friend and el grando nursery rhyme character jesus christ.
* John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
There, jesus self appointed himself to be the messiah in which god, his commander in chief gave him no permission to do as such, thus that’s a lie. Even so, billions who do not believe in this christianity maggoty religion without cause should take that offensive posturing very seriously. And, well let’s put it this way, christ is the most fought after figure in history. So again, why believe? And even better yet, billions are convinced that their religion is correct and not this christ *yawn* crap. So they, ab-so-lu-te-ly would consider christianity with that one verse to be a true rolly polly cookie batter up box sweet HUGE lie and rightly so as there’s NOTHING, no EVIDENCE to support anything for christ.

4. Suppose christ existed, he was clearly insane. Yeah christ had great family values with these statements “abandon your families, give away all your possessions, follow me:
* Matthew 10: 35-37 “For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
* Luke 12 51-53 “Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.”
* Matthew 19: 28-29 “28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.”
Are you kidding any overbaked goose liver from the upper level of the checkbook unchecked brain left on loose change control? NOBODY, 0% of this planet’s population is going to give up their families and “follow” christ, well follow him where in the first place - to air? And give up your families, well that’d only be true if there was severe stunted abuse.

5. And then give up ALL of your possessions? That’s right ALL of them in which you reading this have---not---done unless you are reading this from another computer console outside of your home or not using your gadget phone in which is highly suspect and very unlikely.
* Luke 14:33 “So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.”
* Luke 18:22 “Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.””
* Matthew 19:21 “21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.”
* Matthew 13: 22 “22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.”

6. And to top it off your christ broke some of god’s laws such as working on the sabbath which was punishable by death. But nah not to this statuesque christ figure who did indeed worked on the sabbath which p**sed off the jews. Even to this day orthodox jews get REALLY upset when others break that code of working on the sabbath. Jesus working on the sabbath? Are you kidding like your glove box compartment tightening?
* Luke 13:14 “And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.
* Mark 3: 1-6 “And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. 3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth. 4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace. 5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. 6 And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.
* Matthew 12: 1-2 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
* Mark 2: 23-24 “”And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. 24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?

I mean really who did this make believe christ fellow think he was?

* John 5:18 “Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.”

Now here’s how things truly are in the world of god, christ’s superior. god wants you to die in his bible if you break the sabbath EX 31:14, NU 15: 32-36

Summary
1. God’s laws are PERFECT and cannot be changed for any reason, and certainly not by the fraud and fake christ
2. god never gave christ powers.
3. christ was a liar.
4. christ was clearly insane in ordering you to give up your families in which no sane person would ---ever--- do unless there’s severe abuse in the hut.
5. christ orders you to give up ALL of your possessions in which sorry, I don’t believe for a single second that any of you reading this has - and then follow him.
6. christ worked on the sabbath which required the death penalty. Yet not according to christ. But god’s laws are PERFECT. Apparently not. So god is NOT perfect.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
SHARINGISCARINGg

Con

Ok. First of all, I'm new to this website. So I don't know what most of this is.
Next, since you are directly quoting the Bible, I will assume that there is no issue on the credibility of it.
Last, we are both going to have to remain open minded to the other's arguments and refrain from getting emotional.

I am not 100% sure what you are trying to prove (Jesus was not Gods son, Jesus had false teachings, Jesus didn't exist, etc.), so I am just going to disprove anything negative you said about Jesus or God.

I will start with your assumption that Jesus had no power to change God's word. You have a few scriptures that say that God's word is perfect, except, no where in those scriptures does it say that it can not be changed. You also have 2 Timothy 3:16: ALL SCRIPTURE (Old AND new testament) is given by inspiration of God...
Next you say that Christians change the Bible to suit themselves, but that simply isn't true. All the different versions of the Bible are saying the exact same thing, except they are said in different words.

You say "God never appointed this travesty named Jesus," but in Luke 1:26-33, An angel named Gabriel came to Mary, and TOLD HER that she would give birth to the messiah.
*Mathew 3:16: """After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him.”
*Mathew 28:19: """Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit . . .”
I put in this last one so that I can show you that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are the SAME THING. Notice there is no mention of God in this passage. The reason that Jesus said this is so that people can realize that the Father IS God, the Spirit IS God, and the Son (Jesus) IS God. The holy Trinity.

Next you say that Jesus lied by telling people that they will not die until they see the Son of Man COMING into his Kingdom. You do know who those "some standing there were," right? It was Jesus's disciples. And you know what they did before they died? They saw Jesus (the Son of Man) ascending to heaven (coming into his Kingdom). These passages do not say that they will not die, they say that they will not die until they SEE Jesus going to his Kingdom.
This passage could also be talking about the Transfiguration, which is in the passage immediately after the ones you provided. In the transfiguration, Jesus took Peter, John, and James on a mountain, where they saw Moses and Elijah, which clearly shows God's great power.
For mark 16:17-18, read further to Mark 16:20, which says:
And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked through them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs. (which if you read the books after Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John, you find out that some of the many miracles the disciples performed were the exact same things spoken in Mark 16) Oh, and by the way, the reason we cannot perform these miracles is because no matter how hard we think we believe in God, we do not fully believe. It is not possible, because we have not seen or heard God directly since the end of the Bible.
Same with Mark 11:24, the verse RIGHT BEFORE IT says you must fully believe it, which humans now are not capable of. We are by our very nature sinners, and can not fully believe in God, no matter how much we think we do.
For John 14:6, God obviously did appoint Jesus as his rightful son, "with whom I am well pleased," immediately after John the Baptist baptized Jesus.

For number 4, all of those verses are there so that we as humans will know that NOTHING is more important than God. Not even family. Same thing with number 5.

For number 6, I would like to explain something to you. The difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament is mostly the history of the family of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, all the way down to Jesus. Also in the Old Testament, we find a WHOLE LOT of scripture of how to live our lives as Christians. But guess what happened when Jesus showed up? He changed it, in a way, so now instead of "this is how we HAVE to act as Christians," it is "love you neighbor as yourself." You see, God changed the law at this point. All scripture is God-breathed, and perfect, so that means that the law in the Old Testament was meant for the Old Testament. The new law, the Greatest Commands, the New Testament, is that Jesus died for us, and now we can get into Heaven.

So my summary is:

1) Everything bad you just said about the beliefs of Christians, about God, and about Jesus is WRONG.

God is perfect. There is nothing you can say to change that.
backwardseden

Pro

"Next, since you are directly quoting the Bible, I will assume that there is no issue on the credibility of it." Oh but there is credibility of it and that is that first you have to prove that your god even exists, in which nobody has ever been able to do, secondly you must be able to show that christ has ever existed in which there"s no proof that he ever has, third no god of the bible would ---ever--- use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible.
Now here"s how I run things" if there is the slightest hint of you inventing excuses from something in which you clearly know nothing about, especially when its the subject in which you claim to professing you have knowledge upon, namely this one, and you really don"t, and yet you pretend that you do by coming up with invented excuses and or flat out lying, I will insult you with my brand of insults that are original, funny, stupid, deranged and walls to the ball insane, unless those excuses are so far fetched that they are clearly pulled off from your groin to be a groin pull from the gold-i-lox area to keep scientists looking for other planets, then all bets are truly off and I may end the debate right then and there because I DO KNOW my stuff, whereas most don"t.
And no, I don"t have to remain open to your argument, not if its false. That"s ridiculous.

"I am not 100% sure what you are trying to prove" Well gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, right off the brat a truly stupid question that marks up the yodeling Buddhist monk tribuneral without thinking, rationalizing, reasoning, using common sense, nor using logic because your god, religion and ible require none, and apparently with that question, neither do you. Not a good way to start things off. But we shall see. "so I am just going to disprove anything negative you said about Jesus or God." Well yah can"t, because YOUR god and jesus are nothing but pure negativity. That"s strike 1. If there are 2 more of those I will end this debate and not even think twice. With you saying that its really infuriating, because its rather point blank crystal clear that you have not 1. Looked up the verses which points out to jesus"s negativity AND I EVEN MADE THE VERSES AVAILABLE. 2. You did not even look at the video. I truly hate it when christians like you, which is nearly 100% of you, do not look at rock solid evidence when it is shotgun messiah slapping you right in the face.

"You have a few scriptures that say that God's word is perfect, except, no where in those scriptures does it say that it can not be changed." And who has the power to change YOUR god"s "perfect" word other than your god himself? Since you point bank obviously did not in any way think this one through, and since you are obviously not that well educated or intelligent enough to, that"s an immediate strike 2. Now watch this video as it WILL give you some insight. And if not then you are truly deaf, dumb and blind. And I don"t mean this to be insulting. I mean it to be truth.
http://www.youtube.com... - Top 10 Reasons Why the Bible is Repulsive

"Next you say that Christians change the Bible to suit themselves, but that simply isn't true." Oh but it is true. OK I"m not going to sit here and listen to your crap when you don"t have the foggiest idea as to what you are talking about. Look up the different English translations for Leviticus 20:13 as an outright example. Or even better yet try genesis Chapter 1: 1-7 I"m done.

OK I"m going to continue with one more since you are a complete idiot and a true moron THAT CANNOT FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You say "God never appointed this travesty named Jesus," but in Luke 1:26-33, An angel named Gabriel came to Mary," WAS THAT ANGEL GOD you fricken idiot who cannot read? Do you know what "reading" is? You know Words. Sentences. Why is it that SPECIFICALLY it is ONLY christians that have EXTREME difficulties in READING, COMPREHENDING and FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS?

I"m sorry, but since your intelligence and education level is far far far below, and on a much lower level than mine, I simply cannot become involved with a debate with you. Its an impossibility.
SHARINGISCARINGg

Con

First, I looked at some other debates you have had, and you are right. Your insults are really (really) funny. (just had to go ahead and say that)
Next you should know that I respect the way "you run things," and therefore I will not "make up excuses." I too have a "no excuse" policy. Also, if you would like to debate my intelligence on this matter, or just my intelligence in general, please just start a new debate so that we can keep this debate focused on what it is supposed to be focused on. (or just keep saying whatever stupid thing pops into your head, I don't care)

So, you say you do have a problem with the credibility of the Bible, and you want proof that God exists. So, I'll start there.
I would copy & paste all this information, but for some reason my computer won't do that, so here is the link. I encourage you to pay specific attention to the first paragraph under #5
https://www.everystudent.com...

You say that I have not looked up the verses that you put in round 1, but that clearly isn't true, otherwise I wouldn't have made an argument on them, you probably just won't read or accept my argument.

"And who has the power to change your God's perfect word other than your God himself?" In that sentence, you are implying that Jesus is not God, but that implication is false. The Holy Trinity - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - Is my God. You will hear Christians talking about the "one" God, and there is only one God, but what most Christians don't understand is that God is comprised of the Father, Son, and Spirit. This means that Jesus IS God, the Holy Spirit IS God, and the Father IS God. Humans by their very nature can not make sense of this concept, but the same applies to thing like the concept of infinity, or the concept of the fourth dimension. Just because we can't comprehend them doesn't mean they aren't real.

I looked up different English translations for Leviticus 20:13, and they all have the same message put in different words. They all say if a man lies with a man, then they have committed an abomination. They will be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.
NKJV - If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
KJV - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
AMP - If a man lies [intimately] with a male as if he were a woman, both men have committed a detestable (perverse, unnatural) act; they shall most certainly be put to death; their blood is on them.
CEB - If a man has sexual intercourse with a man as he would with a woman, the two of them have done something detestable. They must be executed; their blood is on their own heads.
ESV - If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
That is just to name a few. I wont put all of them because I can't copy and paste, but if you would like for me to spend hours putting the same scripture in for all the hundreds of version that there are, just tell me, and I will be more than happy to. The same goes for Genesis 1:1-7. And if you would read what i put down, you would see the sentence IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT - "All the different versions of the Bible are saying the exact same thing, except they are said in different words." You did not even look at the sentence. "I truly hate it when atheists like you, which is nearly 100% of you, do not look at rock solid evidence when it is shotgun messiah slapping you right in the face." In other words, if you aren't going to read what I wrote down before you post your pathetic argument, I am not going to watch the video.

Next you said "was that angel God..." which is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. WHERE DO YOU THINK ANGELS COME FROM "you fricken idiot who cannot read? Do you know what 'reading' is? You know Words. Sentences. Why is it that SPECIFICALLY it is ONLY atheists that have EXTREME difficulties in READING, COMPREHENDING and FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS?"
Also If you want more proof all you had to do was ask. also you (again) did not read or come up with an argument against the 2 verses that I put IMMEDIATELY AFTER the one you are hating on. Remember this is a debate, and your case is very flimsy and fragile.

You have probably figured out by now that Christians don't like fighting or insulting people, but I will NOT stand for some
IDIOT insulting the GOD THAT CREATED YOU.

Lastly, I have a story to tell you. One day, two people sat down to play chess. Halfway through the person that started the game decided foolishly to leave, just because he knows he can not win. The winning person then wins anyway, because to leave is to forfeit. And if you are incompetent enough to come up with arguments against my points, then that shows your low level of intelligence, and that, for me, is strike 1.
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
I just realised, if you look at @backwardseden's profile, you realise he has been in 64 debates, and he hasn't won a single one. probably because he always leaves halfway through. So now, we should pray that @backwardseden sticks to this debate, and that God will reach him eventually.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
backwardseden claims to be a Jew, then turn back to real G-d and real faith.
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
I would like to be sure that this debate should not be a bunch of people hating on other people's religion, or lack thereof. And for everyone that is reading this, please pray for @backwardseden to realize the message of the Gospel and join God in Heaven one day. Thank You.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
For anyone knew, please read my posts from bottom to top, I couldn't do it all in one post.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
Accept for premeditated murder, could a "life for a life" be literally applied. In other words, the Torah is making, to its day, an enactment of. . . you guessed it, human equality. And that"s because you cannot perfectly duplicate an "eye for an eye." This passage in Exodus is therefore saying that my eye has just as much value as your eye, nothing makes me more powerful or precious than you. We"re all on an equal plain. Even if I were a king, it wouldn"t make a difference. Let"s compare this standard with other ancient works of its day. For example, we have the Babylonian Code of Hammurabi, what makes it ugly and morally sick when compared to the Torah? Well, for one thing, Hammurabi"s code did distinguished between the eye of a commoner, and the eye of a noble. Big difference there. Suddenly, if you"re king this time around, and I offend you, I"m in trouble. Here"s another one. In the Mosaic law, an "eye for an eye" also stood for individual punishment, meaning, if I did something harmful to you, guess who was punished? In other ancient legal codes, if my nephew - G-d forbid - raped your daughter, guess who was punished? Not the rapist, but his innocent daughter. I wouldn"t call that fair, and neither would you.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
Darn this site, it doesn't recognize Hebrew, you've got to be kidding me! Whatever.

Next time I'm using google docs and everyone's reading it lol!

Back to my point:

Being a Jew myself, I can tell you, from my own education alone, and those before me, that even though we authored the Book of Exodus, there is not one instance in all of Jewish history, where such an act took place. Not one time. That"s hard to swallow, isn"t it? Well, it"s the truth. As people of the book, we should know.

The following comes from my piece on the Oral Law I wrote a while back:
On punishment:

But if there is a fatality, you shall give a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot.

Exodus 21:23-24

Without the Oral Torah to teach us that these are actually moral and pecuniary compensations as opposed to the Latin Lex talionis (or "Laws of retaliation," see Bava Kama 84a, B.T. for details), we"d translate this as a literal code from which old wounds would reap reap and a schism would be adopted between moral attributes in our modern society.

Such a barbaric legal code would simply not be accepted in today's enlightened world, and as a consequence, the G-d of Israel would be a very angry G-d indeed.

***
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
Now, onto the accusations.

Let's take Exodus 21:17 as an example, we read the following:

And one who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.

Below is the original Hebrew:

וּמְקַלֵּ֥ל אָבִ֛יו וְאִמּ֖וֹ מ֥וֹת יוּמָֽת:

What is this verse trying to say? It is telling the Israelite people that if a child disobeys his or her parents, they are to be taken to court, and the elderly will sentence them to death by stoning. That doesn"t sound too cozy, does it? That doesn"t sound like some grand plan of ethics I"d like to follow, and I hope, neither would you. That"s how people with an agenda read the Bible. That"s how those who don"t have a clear understanding of the text, mistakenly carry away with them. The result? The Bible, and specifically the Torah, has no place in Western Civilization. It is a work of primitive man, and like all works of that nature, an eye for an eye and so on, these things should be abandoned because they aren't morally sound.

Now let me tell you this: The Torah is against the death penalty. And that"s because without too much details, there is another way to read this verse, and it"s probably something most of you are unfamiliar with. Here it is: If you take the time to think about it, what is this law really doing? Well, here"s a hint, it was a step forward. How so? It permanently ended the system of parental ownership of their children and the right to stone them. Well, at first glance, that"s not what this law appears to say, but take a closer look. By appearing to preserve the authority of parents over their children, it crushed it. Now, hypothetically, one could well say that the citizens could still stone the child, but now munch on this: Being a Jew myself, I can tell y
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
@backwardseden, perhaps you're afraid to read what I wrote because you're afraid you won't be able to refute it? Regardless, I've answered all your accusations before, so I don't have to bother.

However, lest someone on this forum think I'm just saying that, I've provided an example in my next post. Good luck refuting it, cause you won't - that is, if your intellectually honest and hold no biases, like hating people of faith.

Oh, and by the way, just before we begin, I read that article. Guess what my response is? This:

Do you know why the author, you, or anyone else in the world, if their Jewish, considers themselves Jewish? Do you know why? Because rabbi so-and-so was my uncle, grandfather, great-grandfather, the list goes on.

My point? The only reason any of us, even atheists, say we're Jewish is because one thing has held our people together for so long, and that's our belief in one G-d. If you're honest, you'll admit this. Every Jews I've ever spoken too who's an atheist has admitted to this. No joke.

Now why might that be? Just think of it, all the pogroms, all the ghettos, the Inquisition, the Holocaust, all these disasters in our history, and why have we never given in to Jesus or the sword? Why didn't my great-great-great-grandparents leave Poland and not accept conversion into the Christian faith? Because one thread keeps us together as a people. One faith. One.

Without it, we'd all be goyim.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@jtlove - Why do you believe in your christ that you cannot even prove has ever existed? Does it make you feel better? You got some anger issues? Wow. I debate other issues. Oh and duh. in case you truly didn't know, YOUR jesus was filled with raging superior egotistical anger and true hate. He must have been to tell you to as only he could...
* Matthew 10: 35-37 "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
* Luke 12 51-53 "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."
* Matthew 19: 28-29 "28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."

* Luke 14:33 "So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."
* Luke 18:22 "Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.""
Posted by jtlove 3 years ago
jtlove
Backwardsadan: Why do you always want to debate the topic. Does it make you feel better? You got some anger issues.