Someone-Over-the-Rainbow
natalie.316

kids should use technology

Someone-Over-the-Rainbow has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Someone-Over-the-Rainbow

Pro

Children should use technology like a computer, mobile phone, and television because they can use it for researching information, doing projects, using e-books instead of old and heavy textbooks, it also makes the world closer and smaller by talking in social media programs, also the social media programs can make your child speak up and be confident to talk, it also, improves your communicating skills, last, this is another way to teach children, and the children are interested in.

Although, people might say that these children will be cyber-bullied, but as long as they are taught to prevent it and stay away from it, this will not make a problem. Some may say:"They will get attracted to it and they will not be concentrating in school" But I think, if your child can self-control it, let most of the kids do, that will be not a problem. If your kid cannot control themselves from playing games, you can tell them the negative ways of getting addicted to playing games, and they will probably stop playing and control themselves from playing games. Some people may say "It makes your child's eyesight bad" but, if you use the media in an appropriate way of using it in a certain amount of time, and you can decide it and write on something, called Media Schedule, you can write the time that your child can use media and let them decide when to use the time. So, your child can still have a good eyesight. And, your child will be happy that you give them time to do whatever they want on technology items. Also, if you are still not unsure to let your kid use technology, there is some kind of apps that you can install to the media and you can always spy on your kid using the media.
natalie.316

Con

I do not think that children should use technology.
Firstly, children can use technology for researching information, doing projects, using e-books but nowadays, there are so many websites that provide us with false information and even adults may not be able to realize it. A child - a young human being below the legal age of majority - is innocent and those websites can make his views become deviated. Children are just like blank papers when they were born and things around them will decide how those papers will look like. That's why they must be oriented to the good, especially when they are still young.
Secondly, social medias are not as safe as you think. It is true that this is a good way to help children to develop communicating skills and to make the world closer, but do you want children to be closer to the bad guys? Once again, I want to assert that children are immature and the many of them do not know how to avoid being attacked. Their personal information can easily be stolen by hackers. Moreover, children are too young to know how to behave nicely, especially on the Internet as many kids nowadays do not obey their parents anymore.
The next point is that many children do not know how to self-control when they are on the Internet. Many kids can use the Internet even more professionally than their parents. Their manipulations are so fast that their parents cannot recognize them doing things they are not allowed to do. Also, the Internet is interesting to kids and it will certainly give them temptation. So how can they control themselves now? How can their eyesight stay good? How can they be focus on studying?
Finally, you said that parents could install apps to spy their kids using the medias. Children are allowed to use the medias means they have the right to keep their messages and actions on the medias private. With parents controlling what they do, children cannot do things they want and this can make children's social skills unimproved.
Someone-Over-the-Rainbow

Pro

If you say children should not use technology, it means that they should not use technology totally. You can control what websites that your child can visit, and also can control apps that the child uses, so I don't think, they can visit false websites that contain false information, and be addicted to games. So I still think using technology is good. Children should use technology like a computer, mobile phone, and television because they can use it for researching information, doing projects, using e-books instead of old and heavy textbooks, it also makes the world closer and smaller by talking in social media programs, also the social media programs can make your child speak up and be confident to talk, it also, improves your communicating skills, last, this is another way to teach children, and the children are interested in.
natalie.316

Con

I still think technology is not good for children. As I have already said before, it is really hard for parents to control what their kids do on the Internet nowadays because their manipulations are fast so they can enter some websites that are not suitable for their ages without their parents knowing. It is also hard for adults to distinguish reliable websites to unreliable ones: Wikipedia can also be wrong!
I believe children should not use technology, but not adults. If kids need the Internet for acceptable purposes, they can ask their parents to do it for them, otherwise, they are free. Also, children can be cyber-bullied and this leads to depression, which makes them become afraid of everything and decrease their confidence. What's more, scientists found that using the Internet too much can put kids at risk of high blood pressure, and persistent high blood pressure can trigger serious health problems, from kidney disease and memory loss to eye damage and heart disease or stroke.
I will tell you a real story. Two days ago, one of my friends (her name is Chau) rummaged a boy called Minh's - Chau's enemy desk drawer and saw his diary. I tried to stop her from reading it because the diary is Minh's and he has the right to keep it secret. But Chau was too curious. She ignored me and read Minh's diary from A to Z. When she finished reading it, she roared with laughter and said: "Read it. There are so many surprising secrets inside." I did not read it but yesterday, when my best friend (she is not Chau) came into the classroom, everybody, except me, laughed loudly. I asked them the reason why they made such loud noise, and they answered: "Chau read Minh's diary and knew that Minh likes your best friend. After that, Chau took a picture of the diary's every page and posted it on Facebook. We all know it now!". Posting enemy's diary on Facebook? I cannot believe Chau anymore.
Once again, I believe that kids have to be older to use technology.
Posted by Scottely000 3 years ago
Scottely000
i believe that they should, because tec takes time away from things kids need in there life like energy meeting new people witch because of tec it is ruining a perfectly good life and they are getting so........ addicted to it