Anonymous
Logiq
Winning
3 Points

love and hate

Do you like this debate?NoYes+1
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 3 votes the winner is...
Logiq
Started: 2/18/2017 Category: Science
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Post Voting Period

Pro

returning at positive energy of self is love for myself, is love for everyone else, and returning at positive energy of something or some one else is hate for everyone else and myself

love=positive emotion+returning at energy
hate=returning at energy
Logiq

Con

The proposed argument is as follows:

Primarily having positive energy for oneself is love for oneself and others
Primarily having positive energy for others is hate for oneself and for others
Therefore, depending on your preference, positive energy can be both love and hate.

This is a logical fallacy as something cannot be both itself and its opposite at the same time.

Pro

no not having, getting positive energy from self.. rather then getting it from cigarettes for eksample

being myself, is love for myself and everyone else.. is an easier way to say it

hate is negative to contrast with positive

everyone is 1, or everyone are themselves
Logiq

Con

Hello, thanks for the response.

First, I have a question:

If being yourself is positive for yourself and others
And if you were naturally a negative person
Would being negative be positive for yourself and others?

Your updated argument is as follows:

Primarily getting positive energy from oneself is love for oneself and others
Primarily getting positive energy from other things is hate for oneself and for others
Therefore, depending on where you get it, positive energy can be both love and hate.

This is still a fallacy like the first for the same reasons.

Pro

joy is the only true positive emotion.. self is true
Logiq

Con

Thanks for debating.

Shaun.
44 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 31 through 40 records.
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
no, water is necessary
Posted by TheUnexaminedLife 2 years ago
TheUnexaminedLife
So drinking water is hating myself because I'm relying on another source to feel good?
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
becuase it is not getting energy from self, its relying on cigarettes to feel good.. so to get energy from myself i must stop smoking, then i am returning at positive energy of self and not the cigarette
Posted by TheUnexaminedLife 2 years ago
TheUnexaminedLife
I just find it confusing how I can know what is 'myself'/'love' and what is 'not-myself'/'hate'. Why isn't pleasure in smoking, not myself, if I choose to do it?
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
but at the cigarette
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
not returning at positive energy of self
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
but lets say you smoke cigaretts, this is hate, for everyone and self
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
being myself is love basically
Posted by TheUnexaminedLife 2 years ago
TheUnexaminedLife
But, surely mental emotions are relative to the mind which holds them? How is one to know what is 'love' and 'hate' for themselves?
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
emotions*
3 votes have been placed for this debate. Showing 1 through 3 records.
Vote Placed by paintballvet18 2 years ago
paintballvet18
AnonymousLogiqTied
Agreed with before the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Agreed with after the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Who had better conduct:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Made more convincing arguments:--Vote Checkmark3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:01
Reasons for voting decision: Eksample. For the record, who was supposed to debate what?
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
AnonymousLogiqTied
Agreed with before the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Agreed with after the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Who had better conduct:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Made more convincing arguments:--Vote Checkmark3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:01
Reasons for voting decision: eksample
Vote Placed by madness 2 years ago
madness
AnonymousLogiqTied
Agreed with before the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Agreed with after the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Who had better conduct:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Made more convincing arguments:--Vote Checkmark3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:01
Reasons for voting decision: The debate was so very boring and without any substance. Vi_spex spelt example as, "eksample" therefore I'm giving away a point. Can't believe I actually read this debate.