ponwukwe
Malik_Robinson

models editing your photos

ponwukwe has forfeited round #2.
Started: 8/24/2018 Category: Arts
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ponwukwe

Con

As a photographer myself when ever I take photos of a model and give them a photographer I don't expect them to edited it because I'm one that owns the photo. If a model does end up editing the photos themselves without my permission I end all business ties with them 1. It go against the contract 2. I relate it to hiring a painter to paint something for you and then once receiving it you yourself having no knowledge in painting, Painting over it disrespecting the painter and making it look worst. What would be the point of hiring a painter if you are going to change their work. Please help me understand 1. If there are any basic rights that go against this 2. Your thought on it. Look me up on Instagram too, @Patrick. Onwukwe
Malik_Robinson

Pro

Once they pay for that photo you took they own it not you and they have the rights to change anything on that photo.
Posted by Seleucus 3 years ago
Seleucus
As a photographer myself, Who used to do studio work with models, I have three observations:
- In most countries, The photographer owns the rights to a photograph even if hired to produce it, Unless the signed contract for the production of the images states that the photographer signs over all rights. They almost universally do so when hired for such work.
- If I did images of a model and she felt it necessary to tweek them, I would feel that I had failed her somehow; that my images did not reflect her in an attractive way. There should have been better communication between model and photographer before and during the shoot.
- As a photographer seeking income, I would be eager and happy to adjust the image in post-production in any way the model wished, For a suitable fee, And without any moral quams. I have no sympathy for anyone silly enough to hire a model based on her portfolio, Sight unseen, Knowing what image editors are capable of these days.
Posted by Malik_Robinson 3 years ago
Malik_Robinson
Rip this debate
to lazy to finish lol
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
if you buy a loaf of bread from a bakery, Do you have the right to turn that bread into toast without asking the baker's permission?
Posted by cowardthetruthfinder 3 years ago
cowardthetruthfinder
Boofuccinhoo