getoffme
Sonofcharl

not required to take a foreign language

getoffme

Pro

In most schooling systems, A foreign language is required before graduation. I do not agree with this because most will not use this wasteful course in the future. Those who believe it would be beneficial to your future could take the course though.
Sonofcharl

Con

The same could be said about any subject.
I would suggest that the proposition is more to do with introversion, Arrogance or just simple laziness, Rather than a serious regard for educational requirements and benefits.
Introverted by an insular existence and arrogant and lazy for the same reason.
All the billions of other people from around the world should be prepared to learn my language, Because I am superior and cannot be bothered to learn theirs!
getoffme

Pro

getoffme forfeited this round.
getoffme

Pro

getoffme forfeited this round.
Posted by Charlatte 3 years ago
Charlatte
If a foreign language is going to still be required then they need to require it earlier than high school, It's easier to learn a new language when you're younger.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Yeah, Well, Trig functions and logarithms are useless in everyday math, Too.
I believe the technical reason for learning a foreign language is that it teaches you a new way of learning, Rather than just building on previous knowledge. In the world, Not everything functions by the same rules, And foreign language studies helps your brain understand that and be able to start over with new rules.