Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

It is probable that God exists

Merdeci
TheUnexaminedLife

As Pro, I will affirm the resolution by arguing that it is probable that God exists, Meaning that it is more likely than not that God exist. I would like to note that I will not be arguing for a particular God, Like the Christian, Jewish, Or Islamic God. Rather, I will be arguing for the existence of a maximally great being with great properties. This is what I mean by God. It also means that God is the creator/causer of the universe/existence/reality. Con will argu...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Is Australia Real?

razzo
Jx78

Australia isn't real. It's simple, Really. We all see Australia as this sort of upside-down place, As if it isn't even on Earth at all. The spiders are huge. No spider on Earth is that big. I think we can all agree that this place isn't real. And if you try to tell me that you or a friend or even a family member lives in Australia, You are lying. That person is living in England....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Is water wet?

TheWaterIsNotWet
razzo

The definition of wet is "liquid that makes something damp. " or "covered or saturated with water or another liquid. " Water can not make its self dampened, And being water, It cannot saturate itself. Wettening something is the act of taking a liquid, In this case, Water. And adding it to make the normally dry object, No longer dry, Aka wet. Water is not in, And of itself wet!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Is free will possible with a theistic worldview, Or is fatalism inevitable?

sometimes_smart
flakypie

Just a topic I am interested in, And I will argue for either side. 1. First round: acceptance- Either argue PRO: Free will is possible or PRO: Fatalism is inevitable- I am just interested in having a dialogue, So I don't mind which side I am on. 2. Second round: Opening statement3. Third Round: Rebuttal (Try to avoid a...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

should rapists be castrated? Or should they be rehabilitated?

IgnasI2002
PointProven

now, I know this may sound barbaric and inhumane, But is it really? Is it a mutilation or a "necessary" mean to protect any other possible victims to a sexual harassment case or in this concept violation. In my opinion, Which i hope you dispute as i would like to hear other opinions men, OR women who have raped someone else, Should be castrated. I say women cause i believe women with the aid of drugs such as viagra can rape a man. Now if we were to say that rapers should be castrated, How will t...

Voting Period
27 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

It is probable that God exists

Merdeci
Masterful

As Pro, I will affirm the resolution by arguing that it is probable that God exist, Meaning that it is more likely than not that God exist. I would like to note that I will not be arguing for a particular God, Like the Christian, Jewish, Or Islamic God. Rather, I will be arguing for the existence of a maximally great being with great properties such as omniscience, Omnipotence, Etc. Round 1: Acceptance onlyRound 2: Argum...

54 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

The Kalam Cosmological Argument Is Sound

RationalThinkerTwoPointO
primeministerJoshua812

The KCA is: P1: Whatever begins to exist has a cause P2: The universe began to exist C: Therefore, The universe has a cause The argument is clearly invalid, Because even if whatever begins to exist has a cause that would not mean that whatever began to exist had a cause. P1 only speaks about the present, So the conclusion does not follow from the premises. However I will not attack the argument in this way, We will assume that P1 means "whatever began to exist, Begins to exist, Or wil...

Voting Period
22 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

is God real?

jackgilbert
PointProven

Are you willing to back up your claim here. You said in the comments section of one of my debates that he isn't real...

Debating Period
33 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Truth

Medievalwarfare
Nartnod7875

One thing that has been a major concept of life is the idea of "truth. " Truth is what we should base our lives off of and is the "right" compared to the "wrong" we do. Yet, How do we define what is right and is the truth? I offer two ways to decide what is the truth. First is history. By looking at the past, We can see what actions warranted certain consequences. Through that we can say, For example, That lies, Overtime, Build to a breaking point that causes consequences based upon the se...

16 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Everything is possible

andrewz61
vi_spex

It is impossible to know anything with 100% certainty. It's only the limitation of the brain that tells us something is impossible. You can stretch the limits of-course in a proper scientific way and you will notice miracles....

65 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago