Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion

cello242
omar2345

I have done a number of debates on Abortion and usually have provided a lengthy opening statement for my opponent to challenge. However I shall take an unusual turn. My opponent will start their opening statement first in the first round on why Abortion is ethical or at least ethically justified. This is my main argument of the debate in which I will be defending and which my opponent will have to refute. 1. All human beings are persons 2. A fetus is a human being 3. A fetus is a p...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

The Lives of Human Beings are Not Pre-Determined

eXclusua
shyamjaxsnipe

"Destiny, " "Fate" - many terms are used to define the notion that human beings are not in control of their own lives. There are varying degrees to this belief however; some conclude that humans have control over individual thought and smaller choices we believe to be inconsequential, But larger life events are not within our control. Others believe everything down to a human being's very essence is predetermined. Whether this belief is rationalized by the existence of some anthropomorphic ent...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

What leds to the war during 1900s

LOL98700z
W0LV3NBANE

This is not a debate. I would simply like to discuss this with anyone. 3 rules: 1. No voting on this debate please. I will get the next discussion up asap. 2. I would like people to participate in comment. Use as much words as you like. 3. No offending language. (Also, Please use some good citations and also books would be preferred. ) So here is my opening thoughts. Introduction: In my introduction, I would love to use a paragraph from H. G. Wells's The War Of The Worlds(1898): The...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 17 Minutes Ago

There is no Real Truth

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash
jrardin12

i'm waiting. . ....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

sierre burgess was not a loser

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash
Nihlism

she had a beautiful voice. Was very pretty. Managed to catch one heck of a boy. Had loving parents. Was smart. Knew books. Made friends with her enemy. Had a black best friend. Did the impossible...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

the rate of suicide should be higher

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash
AmericanDebator1776

over-population is a thing and it will not simply go away. And i believe if people are dying, It should be people who actually want to....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

People Don't Know What's Good For Them If It Looked Them In The Face

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash
redshinx

people don't dnow what's good for them if it looked them straight In the face...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

White Culture Doesn't Exist

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash
F100

Rules 1. No insults or inflammatory language of any kind in your resposne 2. The proof of burden lays squarely on you. Notwithstanding you reject it. I will make the first argument. 3. Have fun k ;)...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

you should come over bb

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash
cranytorso

we don't have to tell if we don't want 2 ;)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

This Site Is Dead

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash
cg0919

i chose con so you'd have to argue for....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago