irie
knowledgeablePenguin

racism

irie has forfeited round #2.
Started: 7/3/2019 Category: News

irie

Pro

Racism is a big thing today in the america. Do you see white people getting shot by the police? No because it's a act of racism black people are only getting shot by the police, Do u see white people getting guns pointed in their face by the police? NO you don't. I get it slavery isn't a thing anymore and segregation but there's still racism. Police is supposed to protect people not kill a person because "they think there getting a weapon out" people let it pass and say "he thought the person was getting a weapon out it's self defense " well the police officer thought wrong and it wasn't out of self defense because you wouldn't know if the person was getting his /her wallet out. Black people get scared every time a police stop them we have to keep our hands up while we in our car so we won't get shot, Do white people have to do that? No. One time a white person said "nigga " in front of a black person and the black person said "don't say that " then the white person made it a big deal and they was about to fight so a white person called the police and when the police made it they pointed the gun only at the black person and screamed at the black person and didn't say anything to white person the white person had to say "it's okay were good " the white person started it so why the black person have to get screamed at and get a gun pointed at? So do y'all feel that was okay? One day i was watching this video and it was white and black kids saying that black people are bad people and white people are better than us and prettier and we are all equal black people are not bad people when you get to know us and everyone is pretty in they own way.
knowledgeablePenguin

Con

(Hello. I come here not because I don't believe that racism is a big thing, But because I felt the want for an Intellectual debate. My standpoint should be seen through the debate and not by the fact that I accepted this challenge)

I would like to point out that while yes there are records and statistics that show that police do point guns at black people a large amount, There are many times where white people have been harassed and humiliated by police and people of colour. The US Department of Justice clearly states that there are more arrests for people of white skin-colour in the USA (Not America, USA) than any other people of colour.

Next, There are a large number of shows that have police raiding "White Trash" houses, And more often than not they are considered this because of income and, As the name states, "White" trash. This not only has people getting guns and weapons pointed at them, But also publicly shames them and puts them for everyone to see. This shows humiliate people of white colour but don't show arrests of black minority in fear of being considered racists. (Example of a show like this, Is Paty Mayo, A part-time Youtuber who as far as I can tell, Has no videos of arresting or having interactions with people of colour.

Next is the example where you stated "One time a white person said "nigga " in front of a black person and the black person said "don't say that " then the white person made it a big deal and they was about to fight so a white person called the police and when the police made it they pointed the gun only at the black person and screamed at the black person and didn't say anything to white person the white person had to say "it's okay were good " the white person started it so why the black person have to get screamed at and get a gun pointed at? " where did this come from, As I could not find any news on this. Please inform me as I wish to know, As I feel as this has taken a a large chunk f your first post, I feel I need to know this before continuing.
Posted by robouryman 1 month ago
robouryman
Can we just not be racist lol problem solved
Posted by irie 2 months ago
irie
oh okay. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted by kathy_debater 2 months ago
kathy_debater
I don't know how the police do with racism because I am not an American, But I greatly oppose it.
Posted by kathy_debater 2 months ago
kathy_debater
Posted by irie 2 months ago
irie
Cops Are Nearly 3 Times More Likely to Kill Black Americans Than White Americans,
Black and brown people are also getting killed at younger ages, Losing more total years of life. Cases like that of Stephon Clark"a 22-year-old unarmed black man fatally shot by Sacramento police in March"have spurred national conversations about racial bias in policing. Indeed, US police are nearly three times as likely to kill black people and nearly twice as likely to kill Hispanics as they are to kill white people. Now, A new study finds that police also kill people of color at younger ages than white people, Robbing them of more years of life, Framing police violence as a public health problem that shortens the lives of young people of color.
A total of 1, 146 people died at the hands of police in 2015, While 1, 092 died in 2016, According to the study, Published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. That translates to 57, 375 and 54, 754 years of life lost in 2015 and 2016, Respectively, More than half from people of color and most of them aged 25 to 34. For perspective, The years of life lost to police violence are on par with those lost to meningitis and maternal deaths, And greater than those lost to unintentional firearm deaths.
The rate of years of life lost was higher among black, Latinx, And American Indian and Alaskan Native people than among white people"not only because there were more people from these populations killed but also because black and brown people tended to be killed at younger ages.
Posted by Phil-E-CheeseSteak 2 months ago
Phil-E-CheeseSteak
@Dr. Franklin
-- for some reason the site cut of my comment I'll
It's interesting that you critique them for not doing their research when it seems like you have made one of the most basic mistakes in statistical analysis you can. You compared absolute numbers, Not per capita numbers. Of course there are more white people killed in police shootings, They are the majority population in the U. S. , The country is about 63 percent white and 12 percent black. Instead of throwing around raw numbers, What you should actually be doing is looking at the percent chance of likelihood or rates per capita of these groups dying to police shootings. Interestingly enough when you do that things flip, A study in the American Journal of Public Health found that the death rate due to legal intervention was more than three times higher for blacks than for whites. Also I can't seem to find this John Jay source your referenced, I'd love to look it over if you could link it.
Phil-E-CheeseSteak
@ Dr. Franklin
It's interesting that you critique them for no doing their research when it seems like you one of the most basic mistake in statistical analysis you can. You compared absolute numbers not per capita numbers. Of course there are more white people killed in police shootings, They are the majority population in the U. S. , The country is about 63 percent white and 12 percent black. Instead of throwing around raw numbers, What you should actually be doing is looking at the percent chance of likelihood of dying
Posted by Dr.Franklin 2 months ago
Dr.Franklin
"Do u see white people getting guns pointed in their face by the police? NO you don't. "

Yes you do more than black people, 46% of police shootings was to whites compared to 23% for blacks. For unarmed the statistic is 23 whites dead to 18 blacks dead. If there really was an epidemic of cops shooting innocent blacks, These numbers should be way higher.

According to John Jay College, If you are a young white man, And in a police confrontation, You are more likely to be shot by police than if you are a young black man

So yeah please do your research before you go on a long useless rant please! , Don't trust the MSM