Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Where did God come from? A dream, A lie, And an explanation

backwardseden

Taken from "The Atheist Republic" Where did god come from? To Atheist Republic contributor Dean Van Drasek, The answer is simple: a dream, A lie, And an explanation. You may have come across this topic in books and articles about religion, Psychology, Anthropology, Philosophy, Comparative mythology/religion, Archeology, And even popular science books. Sadly, There is no answer, As it's buried in the depths of time before humans developed writing, And probably even before there was cave pain...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Shia Islam vs Sunni Islam in complete depth

ManeeshaAli

Let"s debate! Sahaba? Ahul bhayt? Who did the prophet say his successor be after his death. Why Abu Bakr, Uthman and Umar are not accepted in shia Islam. The concept of matam in shia Islam....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Jesus Never existed

xX_Jesus_Crist_Xx
ManeeshaAli

I never existed and the bible isn't real. Christmas is just a capitalist holiday hell bent on selling as much holiday sh*t as they can by exploiting the religious beliefs of dumb sensitive pr*cks who throw their life away in order to get in the pearly gates that don't exist. Then they lay on their death bed with a literal life of regrets as they realize they spend their life being a stuck up pr*ck instead of living their life to the fullest. F*ck you....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Religious Objective Morality is a Might Makes Right Argument

Thoht
omar2345

Happy to think with you today. R1: Acceptance and Basic Arguments. Con can rebut if they wish. R2: Counterargument and Expansion R3: Counterargument and Conclusion. Clarification: The majority of religions will argue that they have an 'objective morality' based on the fact that their God, The supposed creator(s) of our universe, Said so. Their argument looks something like this: 1. My God created the universe. 2. Therefore, He can't be wrong about morality. It is easy for...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Islamic immigration should be banned in Europe

elium23
Adam_Godzilla

I myself live in Europe, And have a direct view of the daily life here. One of the first thing I notice is that people who identify themselves as "Muslim", Are the same people who cause a lot of crime for a relatively small group. 70% of prisoners in French jails are Muslim according to www. Telegraph. Co. Uk....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Bible is the best book.

jrardin12
Evan_Hermes

The Bible is accurate and the truth. Nothing in it is a lie. It has been the book that gives wisdom. It tells us how to respect life. It tells us how to live a pure life. It is 100% accurate....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Which is more true: Trinity or three separate beings ( God, Jesus, Holy Spirit)for=Trinity, Con=3 be

Writer2003
jrardin12

The belief in three separate beings is more correct than the Trinity. In Matthew 28:19 " Go ye therefore, And teach all nations, Baptizing them in the name of the Father, And of the Son, And of the Holy Ghost:"...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

I actually met god in a dark back corner of a busy street

backwardseden

I actually met god in a dark back corner of a busy street with all the smelly stench of p**s not too long ago and he invited me into a gay bar. We had an interesting conversation as he was attempting to pimp himself to me. Well actually we didn"t have a conversation at all. He just sat there dumbfounded. He was on the losing end of course. I did all the talking. And I asked him a few simple questions such as "Why have you killed at least 2, 821, 364 in your bible which included babies, Children...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

"There is reason to believe a God exists"

primeministerJoshua812
godebate

Hello. I am Pro and I shall dedicate this first round to an introduction. The existence of God has been the subject of much debate throughout human history debate which increased following the Age of Enlightenment, The adoption of Humanism in Europe and the Scientific Revolution. As a Christian and as a Philosopher like many other Christian Philosophers I believe there indeed is a reason if not many to subscribe to the proposition that states a God or higher being which is sentient does exist. F...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Christianity is easier to believe than atheism

GraysonGg_116
Sonofcharl

It is a common misconception that an intelligent person must be an atheist. Some people even believe that one must completely defy logic if they are a Christain. However, This point of view couldn't be more wrong. To start off, I'm just going to make my argument for why God exists, So my opponent can completely understand my point of view. 1. Argument # 1 for why God exists- Creation A person would have to be ignorant, Not intelligent, To claim there is no God. Over time the problem with...

Debating Period
75 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago