18cvalentine
dsjpk5

school uniforms

dsjpk5

18cvalentine

Con

If you thought that requiring all students to wear uniforms can lessen the chances of bullying, you are dead wrong! In fact, it can actually increase the incidence of bullying, especially in school districts where violence rates are soaring. A 1999 study conducted by experts from Texas Southern University showed that bullying incidents increased by as much as 12%, after the implementation of mandatory uniform wearing. Echoing this sentiment is a 2007 study published in the Southwest Journal of Criminal Justice. According to the research, assaults increased by as much as 14 incidences yearly, right after the introduction of school uniforms. A similar finding was discovered by the Office of Education, Evaluation, and Management of the Miami-Dade County. Violence, especially in the middle schools, increased by a hundredfold after the students were required to wear uniforms.
dsjpk5

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate.

PLAGIARISM

My opponent has plagiarized his entire argument from the following website:

https://www.listland.com...

I ask the voters to consider this when voting on this debate. My opponent hasn't really offered an argument. He simply copied and pasted the #7 paragraph from the source. I'm supposed to be debating him, not the author of the article.

Here's my Pro argument:

Uniforms actually reduce the chance of being bullied. If everybody is wearing the same thing, no one is going to be teased for what they wear.

Uniforms also help the student save time when it comes to their morning routine. If you don't have to wonder what you are going to wear to school, you'll won't waste time deciding what to wear.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Fair enough.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Typically I avoid voting arguments on plagiarized debates, but I don't have strong feelings against it.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Con showed increased violence and offered a citation. You claimed a reduction in bullying with no statistics or citations.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
I would argue I did rebut. And rebutted with my own arguments, not someone else's.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
I may reevaluate arguments later, if reminded. Especially if the reminder is from con.
Vote Placed by Political.Questioneer 1 year ago
Political.Questioneer
18cvalentinedsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Unfortunately con has plagiarized his argument which of course is Illegal so easy 11 points to the pro even though his argument was that outstanding by itself and doesn't use a source.
Vote Placed by Mharman 1 year ago
Mharman
18cvalentinedsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism, which negates con's argument. Pro made a non-plagarized argument. Pro also included the source that proved it to be plagiarism. So pro wins conduct, arguments, and sources.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
18cvalentinedsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism was proven, thus rejecting con's entire R1. Pro had hardly anything, but a couple assertions is better than literally nothing. Rating the assertions, the time saved in the morning seems dubious, but the wearing the same clothes decrease the odds of being bullied sounds logical. Either way con made the active choice to not contest either point (never call it a debate if it's only a single round).
Vote Placed by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
18cvalentinedsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had poor conduct by plagiarizing. Neither side offered any rebuttals, so nobody gets argument points.