Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is cloning animals ethical?

dura
Queen_Fabulous

As it stands, I believe animal cloning to be unethical- often it is used to validate forms of testing despite the output being the same as any other animal, And other times is used simply for the sake of it, In the process having multiple failed results that get close but ultimately perish a painful death (often lung or heart defects that take hours after 'birth' to kill them). I do not see any legitimate use of animal cloning that, In the end, Is not based in animal abuse itself, Nor do I see a...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

There are significant biological differences between the perceived human races

HotTakes
Sonofcharl

In this debate we'll be arguing if there are significant and relevant biological differences between perceived human races. My position, Pro, Is that there are and society in general is affected by them, Be it positively, Negatively or neutrally. Con should try and refute my points while trying to make a counter-point, But I'll take the burden of proof. First round is acceptance, Therefore no arguments shall be made there. Disclaimer: I am not arguing...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

In order to stop global warming, We should kill all babies.

Erthbeflat
DDWYCT

Things like cars emissions and domestication of animals like cows are the primary causes of global warming. These things are caused by humans. Therefore, The easiest solution to global warming is to murder every baby before they are old enough to contribute to it....

1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Earth is flat

Erthbeflat
Our_Boat_is_Right

Earth is flat because if it was round everyone in the southern hemisphere would fall off....

4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Macro evolution doesn't happen

Thiest_1998
namdorf

I believe that there is no evidence to support macro evolution and would kindly invite anyone who can disprove my claims....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should Human Cloning be Banned

DrChicken24
wizardzav

Hi! Please don't provide an argument in this section, As it is just to see who i am up against. The next round will basically be round one and we will start the debate there. Thanks....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Adding fluoride to community's water

Zopound19
TauMatsau

Yes, I would support adding fluoride to our community's water. Fluoride in water is the most efficient way to prevent childhood diseases. It helped prevent tooth decay by 25% in both children and adults. Drinking fluoridated water has not been known to cause any form of cancer or any other health conditions. For 70 years, Scientific evidence indicates that fluoride water is safe. Health organizations notice the health benefits of water fluoridation. An average lifetime cost per person to fluorid...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

A Zygote is a Human Being, Abortion is Murder

dbox
InvincibleBlaze

The debate is predicated on the set definitions of "organism", "murder", And "justification". Organism: an individual (genetically distinct entity) constituted to carry on the activities of life by means of parts or organs more or less separate in function but mutually dependent: a living being Murder: the unjustified killing of a human being by another human being Justification: The action of showing something to be right, Reasonable, Or morally acceptable. The opposition is free...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

is evolution real

jackgilbert
darkwolf

For the first round please just accept the debate. Arguments will begin next round....

Debating Period
23 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The brain is responsible for consciousnesses

Im_Intelligent
NDECD1441

Il let con open with his/her argument....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago