Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Circumcision is Male Genital Mutilation and should be Banned

Thoht
Adam_Godzilla

Happy to think with you today. R1: Acceptance and Basic Arguments. Con can rebut if they wish. R2: Counterargument and Expansion R3: Counterargument and Conclusion. Clarification: The justification that we, As a society, Use for circumcision (Henceforth MGM or Male Genital Mutilation) is one of the two following problematic statements: 1. MGM is to be condoned on religious grounds. Should we as a society permit our citizenry mutilating their children, Doing permanent damage...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

There is only one human disease

Akhenaten
Evan_Hermes

There is only one human disease. There are not thousands of different diseases....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Time never changes

Akhenaten
MagnusBorn13

Time can't be sped up or slowed down. Time is constant regardless of speed and acceleration....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

The universe is made of one particle

Akhenaten
reubencpiplupyay

The universe is made of one particle in 3 states. There are not hundreds of different sub-atomic particles....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Time is a verb.

Furyan5
vi_spex

For over a thousand years science has come no closer to defining what time is, And I think I know why. We are trying to define time as a noun, When it's actually a verb. Time is something we do. It's our motion through the temporal dimension. Please do not accept unless you intend to provide valid arguments why my idea is invalid. ...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Are all doctors criminals?

reubencpiplupyay
Akhenaten

Welcome to the debate! I wish my opponent good luck. First of all, I'd just like to mention that if you see words after commas capitalised, It's automatic and unresolvable. I haven't seen it in a debate yet, But the automatic capitalisation does affect comments. So if you do see this happening, Make sure you don't award grammar points based on it. My contention is that not all doctors are criminals. In this debate, Pro will have the burde...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Are doctors criminals?

Akhenaten
alekwojo

Doctors use out of date theories such as germ theory of disease which was refuted over 200 years ago by Antoine Bechamp. Thus, When you become a doctor and agree with germ theory, Then you automatically become a criminal who will only cause harm to humans. Note - The burden of proof lies with both parties....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Time never changes

Akhenaten
Evan_Hermes

I state that time can't be sped up or slowed down by speed or acceleration. Time remains constant and you can't travel in time, Either forwards nor backwards. Time is merely a measurement of spin and rotation. Note - The burden of proof is shared by both parties....

Voting Period
20 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do numbers have an end?

MohamedAbabou
ResearchIt

Did you know the numbers have an end? If the time stopped and the night were lasting by counting then the digits have no end; but sunrise is a proof that the time passes and the digits have an end, Though keeping counting the time doesn"t stop but it keeps moving without stopping nor coming back. And in view of the expiration of a period then the absolute counting is a time and counting an existing thing cannot be unknown, For example counting sand grains in the beach, Or counting th...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Intelligence: Nature vs Nurture

Topaet
Thoht

In this debate, Pro will be arguing that nature (biological factors), On average, Has a more significant impact on human adult intelligence than nurture (the effect of environmental influences) while Con will be arguing the opposite. Intelligence: General cognitive ability as measured by an IQ test such as Raven's progressive matrices. Thank you for accepting/reading the debate and please ensure that you're using academic sources for fact-checking purpose...

Voting Period
25 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago