sparoowoo
senanjay

sexism in America

sparoowoo has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

sparoowoo

Con

women get less on average because less woman work. Most woman also go for the safer jobs. Woman need to stay home to take care of the kids and the house because men on average aren't able to because of our human nature. Not saying all woman and men are supposed to but it is apart of our human nature
senanjay

Pro

Although the opposition presents a valid contention, I'd like to highlight some flaws within their arguments.

Con says that women pursue careers in "safer jobs" but fails to define the meaning of this. By safer jobs, Are you referring to careers with a greater job security? Or a workforce that could be deemed more physically and mentally 'safer' than other careers? Furthermore, A generalisation such as "less woman work" could be due to outstanding factors - new mothers could be exercising maternity leave but, Even so, This would be temporary and relatively short-term in comparison to the length of an average career. Finally, I would like to emphasise how the lack of evidence within the opposition's first argument highlights the ambiguity of their claims.

I would now like to place forward my first argument. I acknowledge that, To a degree, Women often pursue different careers to men that reap lesser rewards, Especially when we consider the difference in average incomes. But what happens when we examine data from equally qualified individuals, In identical fields of work, Whom differ by their gender alone? A survey conducted by the Pew Research Center (http://www. Pewresearch. Org/fact-tank/2017/12/14/gender-discrimination-comes-in-many-forms-for-todays-working-women/ft_17-12-13_genderdiscrimination_women/) identifies that 42% of women have experienced some form of sexual discrimination. Of these 42%, 25% say that their discrimination originated from their pay check. Put yourself in the shoes of these individuals - imagine being as equally qualified and experienced as some of your coworkers, But receiving a lower income. And for what? For your gender. Doesn't seem fair, Does it?
Posted by Youraverageunicorn 3 years ago
Youraverageunicorn
Wait, WHAT"S our human nature?
Posted by theobjectiveconservative 3 years ago
theobjectiveconservative
I absolutely agree with your premise, But your proof is very weak.
theobjectiveconservative
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
Check your grammar unless you want to lose a point.