Savage_girl
PaintDescent

should 16 year old girls have boyfriends

Savage_girl has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Savage_girl

Con

I strongly believe that teens should be discouraged from a romantic relationship. The only rational thing that they ought to do is to focus on their career and make their life meaningful by pursuing the purpose for which they were sent here on Earth. Each of us has a specific purpose and power of making our dreams come true lies within.

However, we can see many youth indulging in romantic relationship where breakups, match-ups are common. The teens have the false belief that they"ll get most happiness if they"ll be able to marry his/her girlfriend/boyfriend. But the fact is that they"re just trapped in a vicious circle. A girl commits suicide just because she couldn"t marry the guy she wanted, while that guy for sure will fall in love with another girl again. So, sacrificing a beautiful life just for a romantic relationship is a blunder. Instead, they should focus on their career, how they can perform their best in everything they do.
PaintDescent

Pro

Welcome to the Debate. I strongly believe 16-year-old girls should be allowed to have boyfriends. There are some life lessons to be learned. Having your heart broken is something that can be learned via young relationships. There is nothing wrong with learning and moving forward into your life. Relationships may actually make you stronger, and a better thinker.
Another reason why is that if you don't let them do it now, and restrict them now, they will go behind your back and do it anyways. You can't stop someone from having feelings for someone. Yes there are possibilities of pregnancy, yes there are possibilities of depression, there has always been that in this world. You need to let your kids learn. They will never "succeed" without learning how to deal with heartbreak and disappointment, and there is no better way to learn this with a breakup/ allowing them to be dating.
On another note as a teen I do not believe I'll get the most happiness out of marrying my "sweetheart" I have much to learn and live in life but what I know damn well is that restricting your daughters/sons ability to date is just plain stupid.
ANOTHER NOTE: Suicide is very common in teens from bad areas, and some of the teen population in general. You can't just restrict someone in order to protect them from being harmed because there will be something worse to come if you don't let them find out now. Get close to the person you're allowing and ask them to give you the details, become part of the relationship itself.
Riddle me this, how can someone perform at their best when they are alone when they're not happy?