lilybug25
InSparksweTrust

should abortion be illegal?

lilybug25 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

lilybug25

Con

I feel as though abortion should be illegal unless you were raped. Humans were made to have sex for one reason and that reason is to make a baby. if you are going to have sex for any other reason than that then you should have either used birth control, condoms or some other way to prevent yourself from getting pregnant. There are so many people who have sex, don't use protection and get pregnant. Then they decide they don't want to have a baby anymore. to me, you are too late and need to suck it up if you don't want the baby you can give them up for adoption. I also feel like if people try to have so many abortions they should by law be required to get their tubes tied. in my opinion as soon as you get pregnant you have a baby and that abortions are murder. the fact that it is legal for someone to literally take your baby out of you piece by piece is disgusting.
InSparksweTrust

Pro

I see it differently, abortion should be legal, but meet requirements, simply requiring rape would only lead to more false cries of rape by women who were young,drunk and have regrets. Even then adoption is an option also, so if raped a woman can give up the child there, however that brings me into where I feel abortion should be legal. If you have bad genetics and didn't know ahead of time, and it becomes apparent that your child has a high risk of not being able to function correctly within society, then you should be able to abort such a child, however as punishment, you should be sterilized to avoid another mishap. If you worked and got injured and injured the fetus thus causing damage and potentially making that fetus being born with disabilities then that fetus should be aborted, or if the fetus is likely to be more of a financial burden on the nation than a profitable one, say you are in a lifestyle that is stricken with poverty and eugenics say the child won't amount to much then why should we allow such a child into our society? I feel we shouldn't, we should try to create the best children who will contribute the most to the future growth of our society rather than that of the poverty of our nation. Many say Eugenics is flawed,yet even with the odds of variation, it is still more often the chances of getting average and above average offspring than that of below average offspring, and far more likely than getting above average offspring from a family involved in a lifestyle of violence and poverty.

Posted by InSparksweTrust 3 years ago
InSparksweTrust
Goddess It does affect us, if that child grows up to only receive welfare and govt benefit programs that we as taxpayers pay for. It does affect us, if that child becomes a gang member, or doesn't grow up to be anything prosperous or that will contribute to our society in any way. If that child will be born mentally retarded, or with various other mental, or physical disabilities why would it not be an act of mercy to abort such a child, and prevent such a hellish life long experience? You may argue, but we can't know that, but you are wrong, Eugenics can tell us if that possibility is strong, or weak, I mean we have Crisper now that can change our D.N.A smh...but the point still stands there are plenty of moral and ethical reasons to abort, if the standards for such are met.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 3 years ago
Bitch_Goddess
Why are there certain standards as to whether or not the woman should be able to have an abortion? I also have the question as to whether you guys believe if abortion is killing a "child"?

-If so, then why should it be alright to "kill a baby" under your standards?
-If not, then why does it concern you at all? It does not affect you in the slightest.
Posted by InSparksweTrust 3 years ago
InSparksweTrust
Posted by Coolguy11 3 years ago
Coolguy11
If you think abortion is murder than why would getting raped make it ok?