Anonymous
ibbye10

should abortion be legal

Anonymous has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Con

For the first round please just accept the debate. Arguments will begin next round.
ibbye10

Pro

A woman's body is the woman's body. A woman's womb is a woman's womb. A woman's child is a woman's child. No one elses. To impose legislature banning abortions because we do not agree with this ideal is ridiculous. The opposition will tell you that we are unnecessarily killing children, but I ask the voters to accept that there are times when terminating this child is necessary. If a woman's life is threatened by the birth of this child, if the child is a product of rape or incest, or if the child will be born into a quality of life so poor it is inhumane then the birth of this child should be decided by the mother to terminate. I ask you also, why would we oppress the rights of a woman like this? Why should we, people who have no understanding of every person's ability and circumstance, oppress the woman's right to decide what happens with her own body and then generalise and enforce it for everyone. I must say that to ban abortion would be to ban the woman's right to decide the fate of her body. This is not your body, nor mine. It is hers and the choice is hers to painlessly terminate the baby.
I reject the idea that a woman being told by others what she can do with her body is up to them.
I reject the idea that a child should be born regardless of what the mother wants.
I reject the oppression of women.
I urge the voters who also reject these things to vote in favour of this motion.