Typhon
Drlebronski

should artists be allowed ownership in a theoretical communist state

Typhon has forfeited round #2.

Typhon

Pro

not really an argument thoughts?
Drlebronski

Con

If what you're saying is that artists should be able to keep their artwork in a communist state (i may be wrong) then yes. In a communist state you're personal belongings aren't what's being taken away but private corporations and stuff ( says so in the communist manifesto ). If what you're saying is they could sell their stuff in a communist state, Yes and no; in a fully communist state Money is abolished and replaced with trade so no. But in a socialist state then yes they would be able to sell their artwork.
Posted by Leaning 2 months ago
Leaning
I don't know that Communist writings 'say much on art, Always seems like Communism is more concerned with the 'heart of society and living.
Not that art doesn't have a place in society, But that it's a luxury, Not a necessity.

Though they 'do say something about private property, I forget what.
Still I imagine it's more 'profit they're concerned about,
Lot of Communist writers, I don't imagine they'd be 'fond of plagiarism, But perhaps they 'don't mind plagiarism. . .

I'd imagine they'd demand that an owner of an intellectual copyright, Such as a factory machine or mining technology surrender it for the good of the people, But I don't 'know.

Probably be different with different Communist societies,
Some claim China blatantly plagiarizes much of western culture,
But that many of their citizens don't notice, Trapped behind the Great Firewall.
Don't know how 'true that is, Just gossip I've heard.