debatergirl000
Anonymous

should girls go out side with out bras on

debatergirl000 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

debatergirl000

Con

girls should have the decency to wear bras so they dont look like prostitutes

Pro

Women cannot help that they are born with breasts. It is no one's business whether women are wearing bras or not unless you intend to stare at them and check which is wickedly inappropriate.

We are in an age where the female body has been overtly sexualized through media/porn, which spawned some "rule" that women should cover up. There is no such rule that women need to be confined to wearing undergarments. But of course conservatives are convinced they're being lewd due to the rest of society insisting that female breasts = sexual.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Ann.Aletta
1. Its sexist to call someone a prostitute just because she is a woman and has boobs - you would never call a man that
2. Society and Men should not be able to control or have a say into what women can or cannot wear under their clothes
3. For pornography to happen you actually need to be able to see the genitals. Sorry to disappoint but it doesn't count if they actually have clothes on
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Amphia
Anyone here want to debate whether breastfeeding in public is acceptable? I say yes.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Amphia
Something interesting:
Apparently during heated scenes, actors have to wear a sleeve on their leg that they put their d**k in so that if they become aroused, it gets held down and doesn't show. I think that women should wear bras in public and men should wear those sleeves in public too.

It's only polite.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Snazzy
What makes you think Con is going to provide any actual arguments? If I was you I wouldn't have accepted this debate at all considering the very poor diction and grammar in the title and first round, especially not if I couldn't add anything to it.

Perhaps you should respond to my criticism instead of dismissing it. Please revisit my first comment if you want to see what I think on the subject. Also, religion heavily impacts society, so a religious argument on why something is not socially acceptable should not be automatically disregarded.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
People aren't* religious.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Instead of saying how ridiculous my argument is, maybe you should enlighten me. Except without bringing religion into it. I can imagine you already know not a lot of people are religious, so you need to find a middle ground.

How would you have answered this considering there wasn't much to add. I figured I'd go with a basic response first and wait for an actual argument to be made.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Snazzy
I hope you'll excuse my grammar in the previous comment, I just now realized I said "Pro's seems to believe," which is mildly embarrassing. I also need to correct myself and say that there are two reasons why it is not socially acceptable for women to not wear bras instead of why they should. I personally believe that women should go out in public without bras because I am a teenage male.

I get that you are replying to their statement, I just think your reply is absolutely ridiculous. Con does not seem to understand the concept of debate, but that doesn't excuse you from having to make credible arguments.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I am only replying to their statement as they provided no arguments as to why it's an issue besides saying it's indecent. Which to me sounds like a social issue instead, given the fact that their statement seems to be shaming women who don't wear bras, referring to them as prostitutes.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Snazzy
Pro's seems to believe that before pornography was created, breasts were never sexualized and women had no incentive to wear undergarments at all. There are two reasons that women should cover up; religion and the fact that breasts are inherently sexual. All of the Abrahamic religions contain some type of verse about dressing modestly, I can't speak much for any other religion but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same. I can only guess that Pro is a progressive by their belief that a natural phenomenon is a social construct. A 2004 study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...) shows that women with large breasts and slim waists have higher reproductive potential. Therefore, large breasts are an indicator of a potential mate which makes them inherently sexual.