jbakk
Ravenclaw

should marijuana be a medical option?

Ravenclaw has forfeited round #2.

jbakk

Pro

Should marijuana be a medical option? I believe so. A single plant could treat/ help with many illnesses so why not allow it to be used as a form of medication
Ravenclaw

Con

I agree with the fact that marijuana has many medical benefits but people without any health issues abuses it. Whether you legalize it or not it will still be available on the streets for anyone to abuse it. Why not make it legal for the people who really needs it. If it can make someone's live with an illness more bearable I think it should be legal for them. (If they have a doctor's script for it)
jbakk

Pro

The original argument was for the legalization of medical marijuana, which you agreed with. I will debate the legalization of recreational marijuana with you though. I believe recreational marijuana should be legalized as well for many reasons, the main two reasons being that it would put an end to over-crowding of prisons due to the large amount of arrests made because of marijuana possession and the legalization of recreational marijuana would lead to more job opportunities for individuals. There is a huge stigma surrounding the legalization of marijuana and most of it just isn't true.
Posted by LogicalPen 8 months ago
LogicalPen
"I agree with the fact that marijuana has many medical benefits but people without any health issues abuses it" Bam, debate forfeited. You never say you agree, even if you're making a recognitional rebuttal. Especially if your rebuttal- "people without any health issues abuses it" doesn't actually help you. The rebuttal has nothing to do with the use of medical marijuana, you're talking about recreational marijuana.
Posted by John_C_1812 8 months ago
John_C_1812
The simple guide line here is expanded liberty to use. Marijuana is legal until proven used illegally. It is the precedent of other ongoing regulated controlled substances which create the obstacles to an expanded liberty. These issues have to be properly address. Public consumption, legal age, genetic, chemical vernation, and chemical alteration all must be factures of interest.
Posted by vi_spex 8 months ago
vi_spex
i think weed should be legal to people who have a job, no negative side effects!