The_Dank_Gamer
amileox

should people under 18 be able to play violent video games

Started: 5/30/2018 Category: Games

The_Dank_Gamer

Pro

Ok, I played/play violent video games now. And I have since I was young. I will admit that I was really violent, but I got over that in around 2 years, I still play violent video games(pubG, COD, Gears Of War, etc.) but I am a much less violent person, in fact, I hate when I see violence where I go.
(If you don't think kids should play violent video games, please join this debate, however, if you are easily angered, I suggest you look elsewhere. Please keep your arguments short and to the point)
amileox

Con

Kids under 18 should not be able to play violent games because some violent games have swearing and if kids under 18 start to play it often then they would most likely to be influenced with that. And if they have killing in it and too much blood and gore then some kids will probably play to rough with other kids with toy guns. Then what if they see a real gun and think that it is a toy and they shoot a kid or a person then they would be influenced on the parents but it was the game.
The_Dank_Gamer

Pro

ok, thanks for keeping it simple. I agree that swearing in violent video games could be bad, but there is a volume button. if parents don't want their kids to hear swears they could just turn down the volume. Some kids could play a little too rough, but chances are, if parents tell their kids what is right and wrong, the kid will understand that killing is bad, and won't pay too rough. parents commonly keep guns locked up. Toy guns are colorful, while real guns tend to be black.
amileox

Con

You are right but what if their parents are like drug addicts then what then the kids will then not know what is right from wrong you have to think outside the box not just think about the good people in the world you have to think what the bad people will do too. Thank you
The_Dank_Gamer

Pro

true, drug addicts would not tell their kids right from wrong, but I am mainly logical, so I find it harder to think outside the box here. But, drug addicts would likely not have enough money to buy violent video games(what with all of the drugs). Bad people would not tell their kids right from wrong either, but we just have to trust that the people who buy them are responsible enough to. Thank you as well.
amileox

Con

You seem like a nice guy but that is very off topic so lets get back on track yes it might be true drug addicts might not afford to buy violent games but I think that some drug addicts might not be able to afford games but some drug addicts make a lot of money by selling dope on the streets and stuff like that so i think drug addicts can afford violent games like that.

Thank You again.
Posted by Debater79822 3 years ago
Debater79822
No but most parents are stupid
Posted by th0tslayer 3 years ago
th0tslayer
IMO, we should keep up age restrictions on 18+ games still, since the youth should not be exposed to such elements at a developing age. However, I, as an underage gamer (playing GoW, CoD, Battlefield, etc.), I've also noticed that it truly depends on the person themselves.

For ex., my parents taught me better than to do the unmoral things that happen in media, games, etc.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
If pro cites sources Con's R1 argument is done for.