IgnasI2002
PointProven

should rapists be castrated? Or should they be rehabilitated?

PointProven

IgnasI2002

Pro

now, I know this may sound barbaric and inhumane, But is it really? Is it a mutilation or a "necessary" mean to protect any other possible victims to a sexual harassment case or in this concept violation. In my opinion, Which i hope you dispute as i would like to hear other opinions men, OR women who have raped someone else, Should be castrated. I say women cause i believe women with the aid of drugs such as viagra can rape a man. Now if we were to say that rapers should be castrated, How will that change anything? For men it would change a lot, As you would be taking their "tool" away which they need to copulate with an orgasmic reaction. You may ask "what if the person has a chance at rehabilitation? " now of course all criminals can be rehabilitated to an extent however the deed is done. If a man has raped 50 women, What do you think can stop him? A couple sessions with a therapist until he says that he is sorry and its all over with. That doesn't change the fact that, That man has raped 50 women, It still doesn't change the fact that at least half of those women will have to endure a form of PTSD if not all of them. Regardless if the motion were to pass i would think it to be very brute that the immediate punishment is castration, Another factor that we need to consider is the rapers background and age. If the age of the person who has sexually assaulted another individual is under 21 we should consider rehabilitation and other means to punish this individual. As bad as rape is, Is it worse than murder? And if we can rehabilitate a young murderer, Can't we rehabilitate a young rapist, Which will still be obliged to serve his punishment regardless. I let you decide, Should rapers be castrated? Or can they be rehabilitated.
PointProven

Con

This is an interesting idea. I however don't think rapists should be castrated. Much like it isn't the rapists right to force sex upon someone, It's not our right to cut someone's genitals off. In some places, If you steel something, You get your hands cut off. This punishment is cruel and unfair, And is very similar to what you are proposing.
This idea could possibly work, However not the way you are suggesting it. There would need to be a lot more thought put into to it rather then just cutting off someone's genitals once they are accused of rape. In today's society, It is far to easy to ruin a man's life simply by accusing him of rape. This kind of punishment would have to be extremely conditional.
For example, A repeat sex offender who has time and time again proved that they aren't going to change. This person perhaps deserves such a horrible form of punishment.
I can picture a drunk 20 year old in college who got carried away at a party and did something without consent, And I'm not saying it's right, But I don't believe that guy should lose his genitals for one screw up.
IgnasI2002

Pro

yes of course i don't believe a 20 year old guy who was under the influence, Raped a person. I personally think he deserves another chance ( with punishment) but not as severe, As i said i would only consider this method if it has been for more 2 accounts of rape i think some may have been confused with the method of castration involved, Note that i am not referring to a vasectomy, I am referring to the surgical removal of the penis, It won't remove the urges or impulses but it will take the ability of the rapist to actually rape another human being, This may sound inhumane and somewhat a mutilation, But we should look at all possibilities. Now if you have a child, Or daughter at a moderate age, 16-17 perhaps. Would you feel safer knowing that a serial rapist has escaped. Or that a castrated serial rapist has escaped. Now if a particular rapist who had been castrated, Were rehabilitated and got into a couple with a women, There are other methods of pleasure, In case that they wanted to have a baby. With the technology we have at hand today we can use insamination as a method to impregnate a couple. As i have stated before castration will be a punishment that is to be selected by the judge if the rapist has committed more than 3 accounts of rapes
PointProven

Con

Okay, That's more like it. Like I said, This form of punishment would have to be extremely conditional.
You are however missing something: " It won't remove the urges or impulses but it will take the ability of the rapist to actually rape another human being", This is not entirely true. While castration would remove the rapists ability to physically rape another person using their own penis, It will not completely remove their ability to rape. Rape isn't always about pleasure, It is often a sick way of feeling like you have power. That being said, If you castrate a rapist, They could very well continue to rape individuals using various objects, Like a dildo.
Also this kind of punishment would only apply to men, Sense you may be able to remove female reproductive organs, But you cannot remove the vagina itself. Seeing as both genders can rape, I imagine you would need to find a more fair punishment that can be used on either gender.
Despite that, This form of punishment seems very valid under certain circumstances, But I would say that the vast majority of rapes that go down do not warrant this severe of a punishment.
IgnasI2002

Pro

proposing another point, That actually comes back a lot to the death penalty, However its slightly changed with this argument.
if some one chooses to kill someone, Why don"t we have the right to do the same with him? However in this context would be
if someone self proclaims the right to takes someone's sexuality for themselves, Why can't we punish that person by doing the same to them? Note that i am not coming back to the idea of an eye for an eye, In that case the rapist would be punished with rape. Perhaps thats an argument for another day. However we come back again to if castration will actually affect the urge to rape or to feel the "power" previously stated. With male rapists they will often use their masculinity as their focus of their "power" feel. Now by taking away this masculinity which represents their power, We are in fact taking away the power to rape in the first place. This might be a stupid question but nevertheless i believe its still relevant to the argument. Have you heard or read of any male rapists without a penis that raped a women? We truly don't know if amputation will work because it simply hasn't been tried before, We can't say if it will work or not. But again we can't say that it won't work if it hasn't been tried as i previously stated. Making all this purely theoretical. With female rapists unless they are a very heart felt "feminazi", Not a feminist, But someone who believes the sexes to be un-equal and that women should be above males rather than the feminist believe which i share that is that females should be equal to males, (i am a male) now if we are looking at the "feminazi" rapist we will probably be looking at some type of sodomy as feminazis tend to be lesbians, As they believe that women are better than men and all men should be slaves or something like that. An ordinary female rapist would be the type to use viagra or some drug to erect a penis before having sex. Now this punishment won't be able to apply for women. This can only be applied for men as men can live with an amputated penis however i don't believe women can live with a closed vagina. So if we look at this procedure as a method only considered for males then we can actually consider it as a punishment and a prevention of future rapes. We know how it works without amputation, Released rapists can and sometimes rape again. Will this happen as of often or at all with amputated rapists?
PointProven

Con

"if someone self proclaims the right to takes someone's sexuality for themselves, Why can't we punish that person by doing the same to them? " I did not say you shouldn't punish someone, I said you shouldn't cut there genitals off. Jail time is a perfectly valid way of punishing people, Despite the crime.
" In that case the rapist would be punished with rape. Perhaps thats an argument for another day. " Um. . . No it isn't. That thought should not even have went to your head.
" Now by taking away this masculinity which represents their power, We are in fact taking away the power to rape in the first place. "
No you aren't. And what is it with men needing their "masculinity" to feel power? What about women, Can they not feel power simply because they don't have male genitals? That sounds kinda sexist. Anyway, Rapists are sick people, They feel power in all sorts of ways, By doing all sorts of sick, Twisted things. You think if you cut their penis off, They are going to stop being sick people? I suppose that
argument could be made about sending them to jail also, But at least in jail they are away from the general public. If you want a rapist not to rape, The only way you can do that is to put them somewhere in which they don't have helpless victims.
"Have you heard or read of any male rapists without a penis that raped a women? " That has got to be a joke. There are countless examples of a man raping a woman with various objects, Such as a dildo, Or a banana. I am not going to provide any link on account of the fact that I am currently in class, And I don't need anyone seeing me look up "Woman gets raped with cucumber". However, They are out there, Look it up yourself.
" We truly don't know if amputation will work because it simply hasn't been tried before, We can't say if it will work or not. " True, But we can still make assumptions based on simple facts.
"We know how it works without amputation, Released rapists can and sometimes rape again. Will this happen as of often or at all with amputated rapists? " Yes, It will still happen plenty, As I've already said. First you need to take into account rapists who haven't been caught, Or it's their first time raping. They would still have their penis, Fully functional (probably), And ready to rape. Then you have to account for all the rapists who are doing this simply because they are sick in the head, Rather than just seeking pleasure. Those rapists would continue to do sick things(like rape), Despite not having a penis to do it with.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
A person can be aroused because it mostly takes place in the brain
Posted by IgnasI2002 3 years ago
IgnasI2002
i just posted my last argument explaining and answering questions, Note that i say that this procedure will only be considered in a male as men can easily survive without a penis however women cannot live with out a vagina.
Posted by catdog33233 3 years ago
catdog33233
What happens if a woman rapes? Hmmmm?
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
I said that rape isn't always about pleasure, It is often a sick way of feeling power. That is the reason that many rapists would continue to rape after castration. If you had read my argument, You would have no reason to ask the questions you just asked.
Posted by IgnasI2002 3 years ago
IgnasI2002
yes and in my argument in the second round i explained further, While answering most of the questions as well as argumenting your points.
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
Read my second argument IgnasI2002, I explained all of this.
Posted by IgnasI2002 3 years ago
IgnasI2002
yes rape can in fact happen without a penis, However it would be much less severe than with a penis, Also keep in mind, Will a rapist without a penis even want to rape? I mean what benefits will he obtain? He will feel no pleasure or stimulation, This is to help the person being raped in the moment for it to be as painless as possible.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
Must have missed that bit, But still it would not be beyond the realms of reason to think that a rapist could use other means in order do harm.
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
I said in my argument, Rape can in fact happen without a penis.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
Do you think that rape can't happen without the penis?
Vote Placed by Pandanelephant2001 3 years ago
Pandanelephant2001
IgnasI2002PointProvenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Amazing!