fridgeratorshowerhandle
billyjoellover

should we be able to say "When pigs fly"?

fridgeratorshowerhandle

Con

when Pigs fly is a common saying but should it be that? Pigs feel pressured to grow wings and feel bad about their bodies and making them have to change. We don't want to change so neither should they. i used to be a pig and knowing the pressure is just to much. *tear* *tear*.
billyjoellover

Pro

I strongly disagree with your statement. The saying "when pigs fly" is not meant to be taken literally but instead as a hyperbole. Obviously pigs cannot grow wings but it motivates them to grow technologically. As shown in a now famous Doritos commercial, when "when pigs fly" is said, the person is motivated to make the pig fly. The young boy creates a jetpack to make the pig fly over the nearby Doritos consumer. At the end of the commercial the pig is shown unharmed and happy as he munches down on some Doritos. Pigs should not try to grow wings but should instead insist that their owners create a flying machine for them. The saying "when pigs fly" gives the pigs power over the humans because the humans have to work for the pigs and make them a flying contraption. In addition, as the humans look up at the pigs they will realize that the pigs are much more powerful than they are and that pigs are the superior species. In conclusion the common phrase "when pigs fly" does not encourage the growth of wings but instead the superiority of pigs.
fridgeratorshowerhandle

Con

billyjoellover

Pro

I think it is not worth devoting my precious time to debate such an important topic with you. I feel that you are insulting the race of pigs by your terrible work ethic. The fact that you copied and pasted your first response is degrading the vitality of your argument in this crucial issue that must be addressed immediately. If you cannot give more than one reason why the saying "when pigs fly" is detrimental to pigkind then your argument doesn't even deserve to be considered. I hope that you will improve upon your previous response and try to persuade my superior intellect. Good luck.
fridgeratorshowerhandle

Con

I am so sorry for the current mistake that I had made by hitting submit. But you should also be sorry for calling me a disgrace to pigs. I am a pig supporter and a true debater never attacks the person, they attack the facts. We shouldn't have to change ourselves and so shouldn't the pigs. Forest Gump once said "Life is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you'll get." The life we have gotten is our chocolate and we can't get a different chocolate. We shouldn't have to change our chocolate. Also, what are the benefits of saying this phrase? Nothing. What are the downs of saying this phrase? the feelings of millions of pigs. This phrase isn't just making pigs feel like they need to change, it makes them feel like they aren't good enough. When you say this phrase typically they relate it to something that seems impossible. Saying literally to the pigs you will never fly and that's that. that can be soul crushing. Please help the pigs and help yourself be better people. Pigs matter just as much as you and me.
billyjoellover

Pro

I did not know that your previous response was a mistake a I sincerely apologize for criticizing you as a person instead of critiquing your opinion. As Beyonce once said, "Your self-worth is determined by you. You don"t have to depend on someone telling you who you are." You don't have to try to impress someone who says "when pigs fly" but it should instead motivate you to become a better pig. Forrest Gump's mother said, "You have to do the best with what God gave you." You should try to improve upon yourself but you shouldn't try to be something that you can't. Pigs can't grow wings and neither can humans, but humans are able to fly. We have invented jet packs, airplanes, helicopters and various other contraptions for flying. There once was a time when pigs would say "when humans fly" so humans accepted that challenge and built machines to allow us to fly. The Wright brothers overheard a pig squealing "when humans fly I'll respect them" so they built a machine and earned the pigs' respect. If pigs allow humans to help them fly, such as in the Doritos commercial that I mentioned, then they will finally be respected by humans and might find the confidence to make their own farm and make the people work for them. In conclusion, pigs should take this saying as a challenge to make themselves better.
Posted by elephantscannotjump 3 years ago
elephantscannotjump
I am for the saying "when pigs fly". The Pro argument superbly advocates for this statement and deserves to win in comparison to the lazy argument given by the con side.
Furthermore, Animals are currently not given the respect and social status they deserve. Animals feed us and therefore have earned themselves a respectable position in the social hierarchy. For instance, in the Japanese Feudalism System farmers had a reasonably high position. Why? They provide food. In the same fashion, Pigs provide us food. Subsequently, they deserve the power to decide what we get- and this phrase ensures just that.
Therefore, they deserve a high position in society. The for side of this argument eloquently expresses this idea and elaborates on it in a professional and persuasive manner. Clearly,, the pro side of this argument should win.
Thank you for considering my opinion.
Posted by billyjoellover 3 years ago
billyjoellover
you got rekd matey
Posted by fridgeratorshowerhandle 3 years ago
fridgeratorshowerhandle
you just got wreckd mate