donglemailbags
Cyber628

should we make eye contact with autists

Cyber628 has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

donglemailbags

Pro

so i will be bringing up three major points in my argument. first, autists are not normal people. they are underdeveloped, inferior and have no sense of reality. this supports my argument because even if we make eye contact or not with autists, they will not care for they are subhuman in terms of their capabilities of feeling emotions. second, most autists are blind. according to Dr. Susan Barron, PhD and Facilitator for the Lighthouse Guild Tele-support group for Parents of Children with Autism, a lot of kids with autism are blind which means they are just a pile of beef and have no idea you are looking at their peculiar and inferior human traits. my last point is autists are evil and cheat in basic human functions such as playing minecraft. therefore, we should make eye contact with autists since they are not capable of comprehending self consciousness and we must make eye contact to as a society learn more about what makes white non autists the superior race.
Cyber628

Con

We should not make eye contact with autists. Firstly, this is dangerous. Autists are unpredictable and it is essential to maintain dominance when around one. Just like you would approach a bear you must be calm, collected, and not give into its gaze. When near an autist you need to keep eye contact to as close to absent as possible. Secondly, beyond this fact there is a much larger picture of the impact it has on society. Autists are to be kept separate from the rest of us humans and eye contact is one way to widen the isolation that keeps human civilization intact. As my opponent has mentioned autists are different to say the least and so to give them the same human interaction as much as giving them eye contact will only further the false belief within them that they too are human. Lastly, I would like to simply conclude by saying eye contact regardless is pointless as autists cannot comprehend the emotions coming with it and so it is better to preserve yourselves and humanity.
donglemailbags

Pro

so my opponent brings up one very flawed argument. he/she/it says that giving autists eye contact will "only further the false belief within them that they too are human" however they have completely ignored the fact that autists are not capable of feeling joy/inclusion or emotions in general in the first place. the purpose of this eye contact is to remind humans that we are superior to autists and even if we keep them separated, we will not be able to determine this. therefore, we must keep masking eye contact with autists in order to also advance in science. according to leo kanner, a doctor professor at johns hopkins university, "coproporphyrin levels were elevated in children with autistic disorder relative to control groups...the elevation was significant. These data implicate environmental toxicity in childhood autistic disorder" thus we wouldnt have known vaccines cause autism if we didnt make eye contact with them in the first place. this eye contact will prevent autism spread
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
@Fiasco
Thanks! I feel that maybe just one of them are joking. The fact that two people would think the same way is unlikely, but maybe one of them is simply trolling.
I wouldn't necessarily say go out of your way to give them a smile, but also don't go out of your way to not look at them. Try to treat them normally; that's usually all they want.
Posted by Fiasco 3 years ago
Fiasco
@32dino32nido32:

You've made some really good points! You're on of the most intelligent people on here (from what I've seen!) and that really ought to de-rail everything these two are saying. From what I can gather, though, they must both be completely joking - I can't imagine how anyone could seriously believe what they say!

I thought the topic was going to be whether or not it's a good idea to make eye contact with extremely disabled people - as in, someone who looks "different". To give them a friendly glance and a smile, but be misinterpreted as making fun of them...or to look away to avoid this, and have them think you're purposely ignoring them or aren't comfortable looking at them. That's a dilemma I've never quite been able to figure out!
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
And I come back yet again...why has this gotten under my skin so much?
Con is saying that people with autism aren't human. How? They are. It doesn't matter how their brain works; they're bioligically human.
I guess it's just the sheer ignorance and stupidity of this debate. Go ahead and make fun of me all you want; opinions are normally irrelevant but are ESPECIALLY so from people like these two who clearly haven't had many experiences with people who have mental health issues (other than depression and/or anxiety; many people have those). But don't go after other people when some of them are FAR more intelligent, talented, and kind than you are (like Heather). The people in this debate are the hinderences rather than those they accuse.
The asinine ideology just makes my skin crawl. Both are absolutely disgusting people on the inside with gratuitous, useless opinions.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
Oh, and let's not forget my friend (who I will call Heather to keep her real identity a secret). Absolutely amazing person with STUNNING artistic talent and amazing drawing abilities? Packed full of potential just waiting to be shown to the world? Down the trash chute you go. You have autism; who cares about any unique skills you may possess.
Heather, one of my closest, most talented and intelligent friends I will ever have has autism as well. Her social skills need work, but with her creativity and astounding ability to make her ideas showable to the world, who cares about her interactions with others? I remain eye contact with everyone I meet and try to focus on whatever it is they may be saying (which is kind of hard with ADD...geez what mental condition don't I have? Lol). Should the way Heather interprets emotions stand in the way of her future? ABSOLUTELY not. That would be ludicrous if that was what determined her success.

EVERYONE has something mentally wrong with them. That's why we all act differently; because of the way our brains have adapted to situations. Some are just more easily shown than others. You two clearly aren't the sharpest cookies in all of Saturn, so I don't really see what your beef is about.

"my last point is autists are evil and cheat in basic human functions such as playing minecraft".
It's Minecraft...a game...so what if they cheat? It's only affecting the game, not someone's life success (unless their life is Minecraft...then that would be a really sad and depressing life). I'm sure that you will DEFINITELY NOT survive if someone cheats on a game.
The horror.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
https://www.appliedbehavioranalysisprograms.com...
Yup. Remove every person with autism from this planet. All those filthy scum autists, doing nothing for us whatsoever.

https://www.cbsnews.com...
And while we're at it, let's get rid of all those weird bipolar people. Like, pfft, who needs them?
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
Okay so we have a debate of two people who clearly do not know anyone with autism. Cool beans.
Check out this link:
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
I have a slight bit of autism & bipolar disorder (some people think they're complete opposites but they have a few connections that I can go into if one wishes me to).
When I was called an "autistic savant" by my therapist I was confused. Me, being me, decided to do further research on this despite the fact that I was only 8 (which somewhat goes to prove my therapist's claim).
Look at the first paragraph of "Autism and Talent". It partially explains why I'm interested and excel in music.
What further confused me and a few of my close relatives was my interpersonal intelligence. People with autism have a hard time processing, showing, and reading emotions, right? Why didn't I? The answer is simple: my sister. I would read her every move, every action, every habit to know whether or not she would suddenly start raging. I unintentionally do this to many others as well (but it has proven useful in many cases) and find it easy to know what they need at different times. I don't always say what they like, but I usually can predict what their actions would be to know whether or not to say it.
I also show an odd amount of emotion through both facial expression and hand movements (along with verbal but that's slightly different for me). Why? A few reasons. Mentally, socially, and role-wise.
I would be happy to go into further explanation if need be.
No need to attack me for the way my brain functions; if yours did at all, you wouldn't be having this debate.