Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Capital punishment Should Not Be Abolished

Lucassamson

Capital Punishment has been a subject of debate for decades following the abolishment in many European countries. https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Capital_punishment Should Capital Punishment be abolished? Whoever is willing to accept this challenge MUST BE A NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN. The basis of our argument are cases that have been confirmed. Therefore, We are not debating the probability of false accusations or injustice. For proved cases, As in murder, Should capital punishment be a...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

There Is No Systemic Racism in the US

jrardin12
NotTomasz

There is no system of targeted racism in the US....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 48 Minutes Ago

The Protesters/Rioters looting and burning things is stupid and horrible and Antifa are terrorists.

Astro2
Makassar

Ive seen too many people lose their living due to these riots. Also multiple people have died. Antifa is a far left domestic terrorist group. Change my mind...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Violent Protests and or Riots In Response To Outrage. (In the USA)

Leaning
SupremeSeed

Can't say I really expect anyone to accept, But if they do, I'll bother to give more of an argument. Burning parts of the city you live in, Police cars, Breaking the windows of businesses you shop at, Allowing crime to be acceptable behavior, Creating a dangerous environment for the people who live there, Harming innocent public servants, Harming bystanders. I really don't understand a justification for violent protest other than a selfish anger, That disregards others, Or 'actual soluti...

Voting Period
15 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is Blackface Wrong And Racist?

Bring-Me-The-Popcorn
Makassar

The elements of blackface are: mocking and painting your face to a different color. I'm going to start with the color part. There's nothing wrong with painting your face white, Black or any other color. And it has gone so extreme that having a tan is considered racist; as a mulatto, I don't care, But that's besides the point. There's not much to say about this because while it is an essential feature, The mocking is the key part. Now the mocking element. Many people mock as a form as com...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Was it a lynching, An execution, A hate crime, A first degree murder? Ahmaud Arbery.

Leaning
SupremeSeed

Sure it was stupid of the two white fellows. Yes it's a tragedy. Yes they should be prosecuted. But I don't see how it's Murder, The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another. Just because the guy was black, I don't see why it's a hate crime. Were the white people waving a confederate flag when they confronted him? Decked out in swastika tattoos? Burning a cross? Be pretty stupid to call the police right before killing someone, If murder was your intent....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Rapist Culture is not a myth

SupremeSeed
Micheal1

I will be arguing that Rapist Culture is Not a myth or a fable. If you disagree with my claim, Feel free to challenge me....

7 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The discourse on "systemic racial oppression" ought to introduce the idea of "cultural opposition"

JurisGeist
DeletedUser

I consider myself as part of the left, But there's been a noticeable leftist theme of attributing blame to systems (political, Social, Economic, Etc. ) for the inability of marginalized/racial communities to climb up the socio-economic ladder. I don't disagree with that statement per se, Although I would like to see the inclusion, Admittedly a dangerous one, Of a dialogue concentrated on negative characteristics that belong to a specific culture and whether those characteristics play a material...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Women are superior to men

SuperWoman1
The_Spice_King

Women are smarter then men and better than men in all aspects of life including sports....

8 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Is the Universal Approach to Human Rights Really Effective?

apoleshchuck
Kira_Belova

My point is that universality of human rights is a goal that can hardly be achieved. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the UN General Assembly in 1948 states that human rights are universal as "everyone is entitled to the rights and freedoms set forth in the Declaration without distinction of any kind. . . " I personally fully agree with the fact that all human beings are born equal. However, I doubt that absolute universality of human rights is attainable. What is more...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago