Fortniteisbae
NevaBreak

spongebob or fortnite

Fortniteisbae has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/4/2018 Category: Funny
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Fortniteisbae

Con

Fortnite is life
NevaBreak

Pro

I'm assuming i'm arguing for spongebob - so here it goes:

"Fortnite is bad" - Ghandi

There are two aspects to fortnite for those who don't know, the PvE side and battle royal side. I will address both, but as battle royal is the more popular side I will spend more time addressing that.

To start off with the bad, I want to talk about everyone's favorite topic. That's right, microtransactions! They're inescapable at this point. It's as if developers feel like it's a necessity that they be in a game, or else it won't sell. Most, if not all the items cost a TON of gold, coins, or whatever the money is called (I really don't care). My guess is that the developers did this in hopes of making players frustrated to the point of using real $ to buy. I really don't see why anyone would spend money on this game, since most of the items are just lame skins. On top of that, if you want to play the PvE you have to buy the game as well. So you have to pay a fee to play as well as fee to win for PvE.

Next is the gameplay. And let me tell ya, it's a garbage. There's no skill involved just luck. This is the same reason Player Unknown's Battlegrounds (Pubg) doesn't work. Both these games fail miserably in this factor. Progression is non-existent, and it gets old so fast. I had more fun watching paint dry than I did playing Fortnite. The map was huge, which gave me full opportunity to explore. But after those first 3 matches, you realize....thats the entire game. Over and over and over again. You get thrown out of a flying bus, scavenge for loot that has a small chance of being good, and run from a purple storm. Not to mention, the damage balance and aiming in this game is utterly terrible. It's like the developers rolled some dice while drunk and decided the damage based on those dice rolls. Aiming my gun, especially the rifles, feels like my character is having an epileptic fit. I have nothing against shoulder fire, but this autistic shooting mechanic makes the game impossible to enjoy.
The second reason is shotguns. I understand that shotguns are generally supposed to be powerful in multiplayer games, but this is ridiculous. Even with 50 armor, you get 2 shotted by a pump action. Not even a tactical shotgun. There's nothing enjoyable about building an inventory of weapons and other items for 10 minutes, only for xxNinjaManxx420 to shoot you in the back of the head and dance over your corpse.It's all about who gets lucky enough to find the better gun. By that rule, 1 out of about every 20 games you play in Fortnite have a chance of going your way. Even with friends, this game isn't fun at all. My third point as to why this game is garbage is the level system. What's the point of leveling up if you get next to no reward from doing so? It's just one long and boring grind to eventually save up enough to buy something that doesn't even help you in game.

Though the game is not entirely terrible - (I enjoy the graphics and idea) it is terribly executed and gets boring very very quickly. Leveling does nothing, and skill does nothing. Rolling dice would be just as fun at this point, because the game is ALL skill, no luck.
Posted by hellopuppy4 3 years ago
hellopuppy4
i agree with pro
Posted by Jingchunsu 3 years ago
Jingchunsu
WTF

STUPID GAmES