Khitha
Ashanti1906

there should be no age restrictions on abortions

Ashanti1906 has forfeited round #5.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Khitha

Pro

If I am old enough to engage in sexual activity why should I not decide whether or not to abort.
Ashanti1906

Con

Why are you engaging in sexual activity anyways?
You need your parent there for emotional support.
You parents might actually be willing to support you if you knew.
Khitha

Pro

ok lets stick to the argument at hand, the question is not whether or not i should have engaged in sexual activity. the fact that I did shows my emotional maturity to take decisions on my own
Ashanti1906

Con

Because making such a big decision might put you in emotionally strain and you need bigger or older support
Khitha

Pro

Its individual such as yourself that cant take any decisions on their own , that needs constant validation that makes the rest of us look bad. have you considered that I may have taken bigger decisions thus the magnitude of the decision depends on the individual who has to take it.
Ashanti1906

Con

There is an age restriction because some parents might not know what goes on and what if somethings goes wrong and the child dies, they will be left in the dark as to what happened for the child to die?
Khitha

Pro

Im sure there are people who are legally obligated to report a loss of life .
Ashanti1906

Con

What if it is done illegally
Khitha

Pro

do age restrictions ensure all abortions will be legal? The very fact that there is a age restriction is why people abort ilegally. with removing age restrictions, there would be no backhouse abortions because there would be no sense of judgement from parents or otherwise