IsaiahWOod23
kingjacksteel

transgender is not a gender/sex, Only 2 genders

IsaiahWOod23

Pro

Transgender is not a gender. Scientifically not true. People are born a certain way, Because people feel like a _ does not mean so, A man is man, A woman is a woman.
kingjacksteel

Con

First, Before I start my argument I need to define certain words.

Gender identity is the personal sense of one's own gender. Gender identity can correlate with assigned sex at birth, Or can differ from it. Sexual orientation is a person's sexual identity in relation to the gender to which they are attracted; the fact of being heterosexual, Homosexual, Or bisexual. Genital is a sexual organ. I will now present my argument.

Argument From Genitals to multiple gender identities.
P1. A society states that a gender comes from a person's genitalia.
P2. There are two different genitalia.
P3. So, There must be at least two genders.
P4. However, A person can have one genitalia, No genitalia, Or both genitalia.
P5. So, There are at least four genders.
P6. However, A person can change their genitalia to another.
P6. So, There are at least eight genders.
P7. If P3, P4, Or P3 and P4 are ture, Then there must be more than two genders.
C. There more than two genders.
IsaiahWOod23

Pro

IsaiahWOod23 forfeited this round.
kingjacksteel

Con

I will argue against the your points considering that you did not prove my augment false, Because I only focused on the different combinations of gentile. You can have male, Female, Male and female, Or none as gentile.

Objections to notion of attributes and traits associate with gender is that if you mean that there are psychical and psychological traits known as sexual dimorphism, Then yes there are difference between sexes. However the masculine and feminine traits, That I assume you are trying to assert are the typical traits that the culture told you, Women are suppose to do girly things and man do manly things, Are not an example of sexual dimorphism. Furthermore, Sexual dimorphism does not hold true in every case, Such as with the brain or even physical features. So, Your conclusion is false supported by contradicting assertions.

Your next argument only argues an appeal to an authority, Which is makes the argument false by having this fallacy.
IsaiahWOod23

Pro

I do want to clarify the definition of sexual dimorphism, So there is no misunderstanding
sexual dimorphism, The differences in appearance between males and females of the same species, Such as in colour, Shape, Size, And structure, That are caused by the inheritance of one or the other sexual pattern in the genetic material.

I am wide aware there are few exceptions to this rule. Because it does happen where people are born with a mix of traits in a person. Although, The person's gender is normally distinct clear of that person.

There is also a big thing about the genetics of a person. Men have X chromosomes, Women have Y that is a biological fact
that is also a big reason why I believe trans isnt a gender/sex genetic makeup!

Also you pretty much said my position on authority is flawed. I actually base most of my argument on my position on authority, God authority. There is plenty of proof that God is real, And he created the basics of the world, He created gender
and he made man
kingjacksteel

Con

kingjacksteel forfeited this round.
Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
boys and girls thats it out and hermanphrodites if you wernt born broken you broke yourself
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 3 years ago
IsaiahWOod23
to be hones i needed to debate, First thing that came to mind, This is actually my first debate ever
I just followed recommendations
Posted by McSloth 3 years ago
McSloth
@Evan_Hermes

It doesn't bother me that he's asking the question, I'm simply curious to why he cares about debating this topic. You can find this debate popping up every few days, And he isn't contributing any unique or new arguments, So I really do not see the point of creating this debate in the first place.
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 3 years ago
IsaiahWOod23
another thing
the original sex of a person reflects on there physical appearance, Which also reflects on the way they act
:) thankyou
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 3 years ago
IsaiahWOod23
i will elaborate more on the next round
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 3 years ago
IsaiahWOod23
i did not mean to miss it, So I will out my argument here.
The reason why there are 2 gender, Is because there are only 2 gentles.
There is on a male, And female gentile.
People were born with a mentality of being male of female
there is also a significant difference in the attributes of a male and female
men are masculine, Women are feminine
gender identity is a whole other issue,
people can have a feeling of being a man( when your a woman) if a woman(if your a man)
that does not mean that in any shape of form you are the opposite sex,
the genetics of a transgender person are the original sex, Nothing changes but this inward feeling that they have
there are distinct attributes of a man
there are distinct attribute of a woman,
nothing changes that
plus, I like my gender,
i couldnt imagine a reason to change it
And finally
I believe that God created every man and woman the way we are.
And if God is real( he is) then being transgender is not only morally, But physcally wrong
thankyou
Posted by Minddagger 3 years ago
Minddagger
@missmedic

its still a debate that gender identity even exists.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Your confusing genitals with gender identity
Posted by Evan_Hermes 3 years ago
Evan_Hermes
@McSloth it obviously bothers you a lot too, Because ur taking time out of your day to comment and ask him that question.
Posted by McSloth 3 years ago
McSloth
Why do you care about this? This debate gets brought up practically every other day it seems like, Does it really bothering you that much?