Jump to topic:

What do you define as art?

GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2017 3:23:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
One thing that defines Art for me is to show me a way of seeing something in a new or unexpected light. I have seen 'photo's of the Pre- Raphaelites many times and once I actually saw the real thing up close. It was a stunning moment and they are truly beautiful. From that moment every time I have visited another country I always find time for the museum's and art galleries.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2017 3:23:56 AM
One thing that defines Art for me is to show me a way of seeing something in a new or unexpected light. I have seen 'photo's of the Pre- Raphaelites many times and once I actually saw the real thing up close. It was a stunning moment and they are truly beautiful. From that moment every time I have visited another country I always find time for the museum's and art galleries.
lewwisnicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2017 11:52:24 AM
For me, there's no truth about it. But I can define art as a man-made creation for the specific audience. I mean creation should be not a kind of copy-paste thing, but something really unique, with idea and concept. For example, the ancient greek statue Venus de Milo is an art, but the copies of this statue don't make any sense for art without any concept. Usually, when I write an article for https://ca.edubirdie.com... I research everything belongs to art to make some conclusions, but right now it's just my own opinion.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2017 5:37:10 PM
Art often explores how we see, understand, and define what we are seeing. So it often defies any definition we try to apply to it.

Also, the function of art within society has changed significantly over the centuries, so that what we would define as art, today, is very different from what people of other times would have defined as art.

All that being said, I think that today the main function of art is as a medium for sharing the artist's experience of being in, and his understanding of the world, with others. So that those others can both identify with it, and better expand and articulate their own perspectives through their experience of the artist's.

I think that now days art is a form of simultaneous deep individual and universal communication (sharing). I had an art professor that proclaimed that a work of art was like a round trip ticket through another human being's existence. And from my own perspective, I thank God for those artists providing me the tour.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.