Jump to topic:

Nautilus - Episode 3: The Sparks

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2017 1:09:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Episode 2 - The Depths: http://www.debate.org...

"Voice!" Mharman reached out and jumped. The ship cracked behind him, and the emergency door slammed shut. Mharman crashed into the door then stood up to look through the window. Voice and Mharman caught one last glimpse of each other before the front half of the Enforcer ripped off, and Mharman was thrown into space.

"No!" Voice screamed so loud he woke himself up.

Another one of those damn dreams. Space does weird things to a person's mind. A look into the deep would make it appear as if you were standing in front of the world's largest canvas with a brilliant painting that glowed and surrounded you. But then you thought about it, and you realized that was the rest of the 99.999999% of the universe.

Mharman was still floating in space somewhere, and he would never be found. When you start moving in space you don't stop for a long time. There's virtually no resistance. You just leave the sight of the only known living species, and you're forgotten about in the empty area between the sun and the next star over.

Voice got up from his bed and walked to the sink in his room. He still hadn't used up his water ration from the last day, so he had enough to take a good drink. Plus, they were to be arriving at a Greenhouse anyway, which would be supplied by immense amounts of water for ships to refuel.

Voice threw back the cup of water and looked out his porthole. It looked like the greenhouse was nearby. Almost as if in response to his thoughts, YYW came over the intercom, "Attention all passengers, we're approaching Greenhouse Station 2. They have confirmed extra room for visitors, so if you want to temporarily move into the Greenhouse, feel free to pack your room. If not, we will remain docked for a couple days."

Voice looked at his room. Pack the room? His clothes were lying on the ground, and he had all of his toiletries out. No, he was just going to stay on the Nautilus for now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
YYW waited until all the passengers were off the ship. Miss Bailey and The Girl took their stuff off the ship. Everyone else seemed to be staying on the Nautilus. It didn't matter anymore. They were going to be put on Greenhouse supply for a while, which for a small ship was a virtually unlimited supply.

YYW stepped out and looked into the station. It was huge inside. From the ground to the ceiling, it was about 100 feet tall. It was always something of a relief after spending a couple weeks in a small ship. The greenery covered the walls and hung from the mostly glass ceiling. Vines were strewn around the shelves, and then they saw their door greeter coming toward them, Shab Shoral.

"Welcome, Nautilus," Shab said. "It's good to see you're all okay."

"These two want to stay on your station," YYW responded. "Solon is hooking up the Nautilus to your supply."

"Yeah, President Mikal said you would want to stay here for a couple days."

"I need to talk to you in your office if you have a second."

Shab nodded and turned around. "Follow me then," he walked away and headed for his room. Shab held open the door, and YYW crossed to one end of Shab's desk. Shab shut the door and asked, "So what do you want to know?"

"Did they go through your station?" YYW immediately demanded.

"That's a difficult question to answer because I wouldn't know them if I saw them. No one who refilled here seemed particularly sketchy, and you didn't send a description other than: 'Yeah, it might look like a space ship'."

"Well, that's not all we know about them, Shab. Did any of the docked ships have weapons?"

"I went through the records, and there were three Mars Enforcers that docked. No other ships had weapons mounted on their ships. Unless you want to accuse the Martian government of launching an attack on your ship, it's safe to say it didn't come through Mars."

"So you're accusing Earth?"

"I'm not accusing anyone, but it makes sense. Earth has been disruptive ever since President Airmax started creating more laws. Terrorists like Perussi are a prime example of how Earth is becoming the more disruptive colony."

YYW raised his hand and leaned in, "But Mars doesn't have problems? Your Vice President has done time in the penitentiary. Don't get me wrong, he's an old friend, but the thought of that guy in that big of a leadership position scares me a little."

"Mikal and Imabench have done fine as executives. They're the right fit for the time. The Martian colony is just generally happy right now. Everything is good. There's no reason for anyone here to go on an attack. Earth is still crumbling. I heard there's been talks of Airmax bringing Terrans to Earth when Mars's atmosphere stabilizes."

"I heard Mars isn't taking that well."

"Nonsense, that's just the media being the media. We have only populated 1% of the planet's surface. The plants growing outside the domes will make the rest of that available. We would probably be better off with everyone flocking to Mars."

YYW nodded. He had all the information he needed for now. He just needed to see what Shab would say when pressed and what underlying opinions on Mars he could give. He would need to gather more information, but until then, he had what he could get.

Shab sat down at his desk and asked, "So what are you pressing about anyway? Both governments are working on this."

"Honestly, I don't trust them."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"I'll have to get to that immediately," Airmax responded.

Mikal responded, "I wish I could say otherwise, but the evidence from the Nautilus is there. This was a Terran attack."

"My police force will be looking into this to make sure the issue gets resolved."

"Let me know if I can help in any way."

"Of course."
[Censored by Airmax]

Writing Queen of DDO

Check out the latest episode of Nautilus:
http://www.debate.org...

It's a great series... some say

If you want to see the trailer for my movie, go here:

"This is all just propaganda," Airmax

"Oops wrong account," UtherPenguin
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2017 12:56:20 PM
I dont know if this would mess up the story or anything, but you might want to consider having 2 posts per episode entry rather then just 1. Its a good story you have going on so far, believe me it is, its just that every time I re-familiarize myself with what has been going on in this world, the episode is already 2/3rds of the way done or has come to an end.
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

12/14/14 to 1/1/15 = VP of DDO
8/4/18 to 8/6/18 = Start of the Worst Spam Attack in DDO History (61 Hours, 21 Minutes, and 37 seconds... Estimated 63,175 Spam Posts during the main attack)

Be Today's Hero and Tomorrow's Hero
The trash from yesterday will still be trash from every day onwards
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2017 2:38:48 PM
At 4/20/2017 12:56:20 PM, imabench wrote:
I dont know if this would mess up the story or anything, but you might want to consider having 2 posts per episode entry rather then just 1. Its a good story you have going on so far, believe me it is, its just that every time I re-familiarize myself with what has been going on in this world, the episode is already 2/3rds of the way done or has come to an end.

No I totally understand that. I was just trying to put out something, but I was finishing a business plan last night, so I didn't get to write as much as I wanted to. I'm intending to make my next episodes at least 2 posts long.
[Censored by Airmax]

Writing Queen of DDO

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2017 8:47:08 PM
At 4/20/2017 1:09:19 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good plot so far. Good series. Good job.
DebateArt.com is where all the users went.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2017 8:50:36 PM
At 4/20/2017 8:47:08 PM, Mharman wrote:
At 4/20/2017 1:09:19 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good plot so far. Good series. Good job.

Haha thanks, I appreciate it. I always enjoy writing these stories for DDO. This is way outside my typical genre, so I'm finding it to be a lot of fun.
[Censored by Airmax]

Writing Queen of DDO

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.