Jump to topic:

Dear Juggle (Please Read This)

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 3:31:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know you guys don't frequent the site that much or actively use it enough to keep track of what happens. But if at all possible please have someone periodically check in on this and work on updates. Please for the sake of the site, and the community that you have created. You may not value this as a source of revenue, but a lot of people on the site find this as a home away from home and have become involved in an active and friendly community that we value deeply.

I don't know if my messages reached you over the weekend, but I called every store around you (that I could locate near your HQ) to try and find a way to contact HQ because there is no way to contact you from your site. I left a lot of messages and was trying to make you aware of the situation. Please for the sake of the site, take an active interest in trying to improve this place and make it function. From fixing bugs to having someone oversee it, to being involved in the community. We all want you to be active in the community, we all desire you to help us make this place better. I beg you, please have someone work with us to keep this site up and running before that issue that happened becomes a permanent one or runs friends and people who use this regularly off the site altogether.

Please, this is an active plea and is the same message I left in every voicemail that I could find
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 3:44:25 PM
At 6/12/2017 3:31:00 PM, Mikal wrote:

Unfortunately, there's little chance anyone at Juggle is going to read this.

On the positive side, while a site outage like this lasting two days is certainly terrible, it's not necessarily indicative of a total lack of concern. If this were to happen in the middle of the week (rather than over the weekend as it did) it probably would have been fixed within a day.

While I was certainly concerned at the length of the outage (I imagine that barring any changes, one day DDO will probably end just like that), I got the impression from my correspondence that the issue would be fixed as soon as it could be after the weekend. So if nothing else can be viewed positively, I think that the fact that the site is back up early Monday is a positive thing...
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 3:47:36 PM
At 6/12/2017 3:44:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

On the positive side, while a site outage like this lasting two days is certainly terrible, it's not necessarily indicative of a total lack of concern. If this were to happen in the middle of the week (rather than over the weekend as it did) it probably would have been fixed within a day.

While I was certainly concerned at the length of the outage (I imagine that barring any changes, one day DDO will probably end just like that), I got the impression from my correspondence that the issue would be fixed as soon as it could be after the weekend. So if nothing else can be viewed positively, I think that the fact that the site is back up early Monday is a positive thing...

I was assuming it would be up on Monday because they did not work weekends (I just had this convo with Thett3 on the phone). What I did do was call all the stores located near them (I googled mapped their hq and pulled every store number within a few hundred feet and asked them to get the message to them). I also managed to get like 3 numbers that I left long voice mails on. So hopefully something reaches them.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 3:51:43 PM
I know you guys don't frequent the site that much or actively use it enough to keep track of what happens. But if at all possible please have someone periodically check in on this and work on updates. Please for the sake of the site, and the community that you have created. You may not value this as a source of revenue, but a lot of people on the site find this as a home away from home and have become involved in an active and friendly community that we value deeply.

I don't know if my messages reached you over the weekend, but I called every store around you (that I could locate near your HQ) to try and find a way to contact HQ because there is no way to contact you from your site. I left a lot of messages and was trying to make you aware of the situation. Please for the sake of the site, take an active interest in trying to improve this place and make it function. From fixing bugs to having someone oversee it, to being involved in the community. We all want you to be active in the community, we all desire you to help us make this place better. I beg you, please have someone work with us to keep this site up and running before that issue that happened becomes a permanent one or runs friends and people who use this regularly off the site altogether.

Please, this is an active plea and is the same message I left in every voicemail that I could find

lol you are so naive
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#StandWithBossy

Bet On How Long DDO Will Last Here:
http://www.debate.org...

I hate you <3
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 3:52:16 PM
At 6/12/2017 3:47:36 PM, Mikal wrote:

I was assuming it would be up on Monday because they did not work weekends (I just had this convo with Thett3 on the phone). What I did do was call all the stores located near them (I googled mapped their hq and pulled every store number within a few hundred feet and asked them to get the message to them). I also managed to get like 3 numbers that I left long voice mails on. So hopefully something reaches them.

Well that's certainly an interesting approach (the contacting nearby locations thing)... Either way I'm sure many are relieved that the site is up now...
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 3:55:57 PM
At 6/12/2017 3:52:16 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Well that's certainly an interesting approach (the contacting nearby locations thing)... Either way I'm sure many are relieved that the site is up now...

Interesting is probably not the best word. It's bothersome and almost doxish, but it is the only way to contact them. They have no customer service number, they never respond to emails, and they have no open access for communication. So I just asked people near them if there was a way to contact them, if they had a working customer service number, or if they were walking by the HQ to drop in and let them know one of their platforms was down. I got 2 numbers and left voice mails on both just asking them to check up on the site and if it's possible to please help fix it some. Same thing I said on here. They see it as pure monetary value but others see it more than that, and if it's possible to please check up on it and try to work on it
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 3:58:02 PM
At 6/12/2017 3:55:57 PM, Mikal wrote:

Interesting is probably not the best word. It's bothersome and almost doxish, but it is the only way to contact them. They have no customer service number, they never respond to emails, and they have no open access for communication. So I just asked people near them if there was a way to contact them, if they had a working customer service number, or if they were walking by the HQ to drop in and let them know one of their platforms was down. I got 2 numbers and left voice mails on both just asking them to check up on the site and if it's possible to please help fix it some. Same thing I said on here. They see it as pure monetary value but others see it more than that, and if it's possible to please check up on it and try to work on it

I have a few contacts at Juggle that are responsive, but I certainly understand and share the frustration.
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 4:00:06 PM
At 6/12/2017 3:58:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I have a few contacts at Juggle that are responsive, but I certainly understand and share the frustration.

Well judging by that tone, they have basically given up on the site.

We just have to ride the last days out the best we can.

RIP
TheGhostOfCivilization
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 4:17:45 PM
It's a shame how nobody cares about the quality of their creation after they're made a large sum of money off of it.

Just look at South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, and similar shows. Before they made millions and millions of dollars, these shows were very creative and very funny as well. They were actually entertaining and clever. But now that everybody has made their money off of them, and no longer rely on the show's profits as an income source, all three of those shows have plummeted in quality and originality. Nobody (who makes them) cares if the new episodes are good or not because they've acquired fame and wealth and no longer have motivation to improve upon the show or come up with new original ideas.

So, has the same phenomenon occurred with DDO? One should never stop maintaining and Improving upon their creation because it's their creation, their responsibility. They have a commitment to their audience/users as well. Not fixing site errors, which many including myself have struggled with recently, would be a huge stab in the back to us loyal users/fans of the site. I could go on but I'll stop here. Please, for the sake of your fans, fix the site errors.
-TheGhostOfCivilization
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 4:30:08 PM
It's all a sinister plot for YYW to crowdfund and purchase the site.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 5:11:39 PM
At 6/12/2017 4:17:45 PM, TheGhostOfCivilization wrote:
It's a shame how nobody cares about the quality of their creation after they're made a large sum of money off of it.

Just look at South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, and similar shows. Before they made millions and millions of dollars, these shows were very creative and very funny as well. They were actually entertaining and clever. But now that everybody has made their money off of them, and no longer rely on the show's profits as an income source, all three of those shows have plummeted in quality and originality. Nobody (who makes them) cares if the new episodes are good or not because they've acquired fame and wealth and no longer have motivation to improve upon the show or come up with new original ideas.

So, has the same phenomenon occurred with DDO? One should never stop maintaining and Improving upon their creation because it's their creation, their responsibility. They have a commitment to their audience/users as well. Not fixing site errors, which many including myself have struggled with recently, would be a huge stab in the back to us loyal users/fans of the site. I could go on but I'll stop here. Please, for the sake of your fans, fix the site errors.

I find south park and family guy to still be creative and funny. That aside I agree with the messages intent.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2017 11:28:09 PM
At 6/12/2017 3:58:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Do you think there is a realistic prospect of this site being fixed?

To me the most obvious solution is for the community to consent to more advertisements and maybe try an initiative to get community members to click on some of them from time to time in an effort to make the site more profitable for juggle.

From what I know it appears that you are the only member of the community with any type of control over the website and with the ability to contact the owners. I'm sure you are trying your best and I appreciate that but I can't help but wonder if you have the option to try playing a few different cards to resolve this situation?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2017 3:13:30 AM

Do you know why (you may have answered this somewhere else, in which case, I apologize for asking again) I cannot access my profile or debates?
I'm a Bish.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2017 4:13:50 AM
At 6/13/2017 3:13:30 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Do you know why (you may have answered this somewhere else, in which case, I apologize for asking again) I cannot access my profile or debates?

Interestingly, while this problem apparently affects a lot of people, I'm able to access my profile and debates.
Just because you're magic doesn't mean you aren't real.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2017 4:17:04 AM
At 6/13/2017 4:13:50 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 6/13/2017 3:13:30 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Interestingly, while this problem apparently affects a lot of people, I'm able to access my profile and debates.

ALL HAIL THE WIZARD!!!!
I'm a Bish.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.