Jump to topic:

+++Warning: Do Not transfer your debates+++

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2017 5:24:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There are a number of people, considering transferring their debates to another website. What many of you do not know is that you are in violation of copyright law if you do so. According to the Debate.org terms of service http://www.debate.org...

"All material you post on Debate.org, including debate arguments, comments, forums, profiles, pictures, and messages becomes the property of Debate.org, and you waive all claims of ownership for said property."

This is the last sentence on the Proprietary Rights section of the Terms of Use.

If anyone does post content now owned by Juggle, onto another website or try to create any type of intellectual property from it, I will make it my mission in life to get a hold of the Juggle legal team to ensure each individual responsible is presented with not only a seize and desist letter, but also a lawsuit should they continue breaking the law, and the contract they agreed to when signing up for the website.

Have a good day.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2017 9:16:22 PM
At 7/3/2017 5:24:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
There are a number of people, considering transferring their debates to another website. What many of you do not know is that you are in violation of copyright law if you do so. According to the Debate.org terms of service http://www.debate.org...

"All material you post on Debate.org, including debate arguments, comments, forums, profiles, pictures, and messages becomes the property of Debate.org, and you waive all claims of ownership for said property."

This is the last sentence on the Proprietary Rights section of the Terms of Use.

If anyone does post content now owned by Juggle, onto another website or try to create any type of intellectual property from it, I will make it my mission in life to get a hold of the Juggle legal team to ensure each individual responsible is presented with not only a seize and desist letter, but also a lawsuit should they continue breaking the law, and the contract they agreed to when signing up for the website.

I have decided not to transfer any stats or debates, but why would you actually make that your 'mission'? I mean it has literally zero effect on you whether people transfer their debates or not.

Have a good day.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2017 11:50:01 PM
At 7/3/2017 9:16:22 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/3/2017 5:24:52 PM, Wylted wrote:

I have decided not to transfer any stats or debates, but why would you actually make that your 'mission'? I mean it has literally zero effect on you whether people transfer their debates or not.

He's just being silly.
"When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest." ~Proverbs 29:9

"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.