Jump to topic:

DDO needs to be brought back to life!!

TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 4:18:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Old times were the best now when i login all i see is spammed forums and nonsensical debates. This place needs a good wake up! Andthe hangouts need to come back too like everyday like before.
~Family of 4 Forever~
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 5:01:12 AM
How to do this... I suppose if every user here made a few original and highly viewable YouTube videos and then at the end of each said come try DDO, that might get some new people to try the site.

Quality might still be a question though.
Draka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 5:24:50 AM
It is unreasonable to expect a semi-functioning site to somehow relive its better years. It lacks the oversight and user base necessary to make that happen.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 5:31:16 AM
Unreasonable to expect it to revive for no reason yes.

But all the users could pool their money and buy the site (Run democratically) Maybe work but probably not.

All the users could organize a recruitment drive (Not likely enthused enough).
Draka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 6:01:36 AM
At 6/11/2018 5:31:16 AM, Leaning wrote:

But all the users could pool their money and buy the site

(Run democratically)

In this circumstance, it is likely there would be a conflict of interests. It is also highly doubtful that users would indeed invest their money into it.

Maybe work but probably not.

A recruitment scheme would be in futile, as the lack of functionality renders this site an undesirable place for "new" users to stay. Even if a number of people did indeed sign-up, they would observe the amount of spam and glitches on the site, and thus desist from returning to it.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 7:29:10 AM
At 6/11/2018 6:01:36 AM, Draka wrote:
In this circumstance, it is likely there would be a conflict of interests.

Why this particular circumstance? I would think it would be the same in any grouping of people.

What if I put up $50,000?
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 4:44:15 PM
At 6/11/2018 5:01:12 AM, Leaning wrote:
How to do this... I suppose if every user here made a few original and highly viewable YouTube videos and then at the end of each said come try DDO, that might get some new people to try the site.

Quality might still be a question though.::

What do you think about advertising ddo on high volume facebook sites?
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 4:44:43 PM
At 6/11/2018 4:18:41 AM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:
Old times were the best now when i login all i see is spammed forums and nonsensical debates. This place needs a good wake up! Andthe hangouts need to come back too like everyday like before.::

What do you think about advertising ddo on high volume facebook sites?
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 4:48:38 PM
I don't know much about Facebook.

Only advertising I think works really well is noninvasive awesome advertising. Not sure if Facebook would be awesome or not (I don't use it).
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 4:54:25 PM
At 6/11/2018 4:48:38 PM, Leaning wrote:

Only advertising I think works really well is noninvasive awesome advertising. Not sure if Facebook would be awesome or not (I don't use it).::

The way it works is a story or post comes up on everyone's "feed". (A scroll of friends and liked pages that you can go through)

When you click on the story or post, people make comments. Then people "like" those posts.

So I would post the debate.org link as a comment on the high volume site, like Fox News, CNN, or popular personaslity's pages.
Draka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 4:57:42 PM
At 6/11/2018 7:29:10 AM, Leaning wrote:
At 6/11/2018 6:01:36 AM, Draka wrote:
In this circumstance, it is likely there would be a conflict of interests.

Why this particular circumstance? I would think it would be the same in any grouping of people.

One would presume that other groups of people who invest their money into various projects are in fact more likely to have some prior knowledge of business. You should also note that this a debate site, which thus increases the potential of biases featuring within a person's agenda. Appropriate candidates for owning this site would be people who are not members.

What if I put up $50,000?

You wouldn't.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 5:00:42 PM
At 6/11/2018 4:57:42 PM, Draka wrote:
You wouldn't.

I might be crazy. It's hard to tell through a computer screen. Besides I assum it would give me more shares, thus more money and more votes.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 5:01:16 PM
At 6/11/2018 4:54:25 PM, FungusOfHam wrote:

Only advertising I think works really well is noninvasive awesome advertising. Not sure if Facebook would be awesome or not (I don't use it).::

The way it works is a story or post comes up on everyone's "feed". (A scroll of friends and liked pages that you can go through)

When you click on the story or post, people make comments. Then people "like" those posts.

So I would post the debate.org link as a comment on the high volume site, like Fox News, CNN, or popular personaslity's pages.

Hmm.
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 5:07:29 PM
At 6/11/2018 5:01:16 PM, Leaning wrote:

Hmm.::

Should I do this or leave it alone
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 5:13:16 PM
At 6/11/2018 5:07:29 PM, FungusOfHam wrote:

I would say do as you want to do. That's what I do (I think)

I've considered making YouTube videos and linking them to DDO or YouTube videos about DDO. But I enjoy doing other activities or nothing more it seems.

I'm not especialy bothered by the lacking numbers on the site, just somewhat.

And really I would want to make the videos more for the videos themselves than DDO, but eh, lazy.

You though, do whatever makes you happy in this instance. I just found the topic somewhat interesting a puzzle for what 'could' be done for the situation, more than what 'will' be done.
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2018 5:15:44 PM
At 6/11/2018 5:13:16 PM, Leaning wrote:
At 6/11/2018 5:07:29 PM, FungusOfHam wrote:

I would say do as you want to do. That's what I do (I think)

I've considered making YouTube videos and linking them to DDO or YouTube videos about DDO. But I enjoy doing other activities or nothing more it seems.

I'm not especialy bothered by the lacking numbers on the site, just somewhat.

And really I would want to make the videos more for the videos themselves than DDO, but eh, lazy.

You though, do whatever makes you happy in this instance. I just found the topic somewhat interesting a puzzle for what 'could' be done for the situation, more than what 'will' be done.::

Okay, then let's beam the site to space and let the aliens, if there are any, debate with each other.
Polytheist_Witch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2018 5:25:31 PM

You would really promote this site? Why?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2018 5:29:00 PM

But all the users could pool their money and buy the site (Run democratically) Maybe work but probably not.

Leaning how about starting a Kickstarted campaign to revive DDO? How much would we need to revive this site $15,000? $50,000, $100,000???
RMTheSupreme
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2018 7:59:41 PM
At 6/18/2018 5:29:00 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Leaning how about starting a Kickstarted campaign to revive DDO? How much would we need to revive this site $15,000? $50,000, $100,000???

I'd be happy to be the collector.
https://www.debateart.com...

Be tomorrow's hero, not today's idol.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 7:00:07 PM
At 6/18/2018 5:29:00 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

To revive interest in, I don't think you would need any money. To buy? I dunno.

If I did anything to promote the site it would be YouTube videos, but even that I am too lazy to go about most likely. All I can say is if I ever do make any videos I will try to remember DDO. For what the videos would be about, I'm not thinking all that much about.

My money right now in a year or two is more likely to go into buying property with a family member or two. And really just adding a bare inch of comfort more to them whatever they decide to buy.