Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Opinion section

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 10:27:01 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Can someone explain to me the point of this thing? If debating is grounded in scrutiny and back-and-forth argumentation, then a hit-and-run dump site like an opinion page should be unwelcome, don't you agree? But in any case, I posted once in the "Is "under God" in the American Pledge of Allegiance appropriate?" 2 weeks ago and it has been spamming my notifications who posted in it, ever since. Is there a way to stop it from doing that?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 10:47:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm not a big fan of it either, though I suspect it does increase site traffic and has undoubtedly brought in new members.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
imabench
Posts: 20,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 10:53:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 3/27/2013 10:27:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Can someone explain to me the point of this thing?

The opinions section is actually an elaborate attempt for the Weekly Stupid to catch people saying stupid things in an attempt to increase the stupidity of remarks in the top 10. It has worked fantastically ;D

If debating is grounded in scrutiny and back-and-forth argumentation, then a hit-and-run dump site like an opinion page should be unwelcome, don't you agree? But in any case, I posted once in the "Is "under God" in the American Pledge of Allegiance appropriate?" 2 weeks ago and it has been spamming my notifications who posted in it, ever since. Is there a way to stop it from doing that?

You could always deactivate your account :P
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

12/14/14 to 1/1/15 = VP of DDO
8/4/18 to 8/6/18 = Start of the Worst Spam Attack in DDO History (61 Hours, 21 Minutes, and 37 seconds... Estimated 63,175 Spam Posts during the main attack)

Be Today's Hero and Tomorrow's Hero
The trash from yesterday will still be trash from every day onwards
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,530
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 10:55:52 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 3/27/2013 10:53:23 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2013 10:27:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Can someone explain to me the point of this thing?

The opinions section is actually an elaborate attempt for the Weekly Stupid to catch people saying stupid things in an attempt to increase the stupidity of remarks in the top 10. It has worked fantastically ;D

If debating is grounded in scrutiny and back-and-forth argumentation, then a hit-and-run dump site like an opinion page should be unwelcome, don't you agree? But in any case, I posted once in the "Is "under God" in the American Pledge of Allegiance appropriate?" 2 weeks ago and it has been spamming my notifications who posted in it, ever since. Is there a way to stop it from doing that?

You could always deactivate your account :P

Oh, I found a great one for you! http://www.debate.org...

Find the one posted by Cryssie
imabench
Posts: 20,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 11:46:25 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 3/27/2013 10:55:52 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/27/2013 10:53:23 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2013 10:27:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Can someone explain to me the point of this thing?

The opinions section is actually an elaborate attempt for the Weekly Stupid to catch people saying stupid things in an attempt to increase the stupidity of remarks in the top 10. It has worked fantastically ;D

If debating is grounded in scrutiny and back-and-forth argumentation, then a hit-and-run dump site like an opinion page should be unwelcome, don't you agree? But in any case, I posted once in the "Is "under God" in the American Pledge of Allegiance appropriate?" 2 weeks ago and it has been spamming my notifications who posted in it, ever since. Is there a way to stop it from doing that?

You could always deactivate your account :P

Oh, I found a great one for you! http://www.debate.org...

Find the one posted by Cryssie

oh thats just beautiful!
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

12/14/14 to 1/1/15 = VP of DDO
8/4/18 to 8/6/18 = Start of the Worst Spam Attack in DDO History (61 Hours, 21 Minutes, and 37 seconds... Estimated 63,175 Spam Posts during the main attack)

Be Today's Hero and Tomorrow's Hero
The trash from yesterday will still be trash from every day onwards

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.