Jump to topic:

Goodbye DDO, you have been taken over by Spam

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:00:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have to say goodbye to DDO, sadly I don't want to leave but it's just too much of a hassle to have to scroll through 27 pages of spam to continue conversations in the sports forum, in 5 minutes there are literally 20 pages of spam, so even if I go to reply to a post in 5 minutes I can't find it.

It's the same on all forums except for the religion forum where the nuts keep the conversations going every few seconds so they can stay ahead of the spam. But even the debate topics get buried by the spam, and I'm just tired of wading through the mounds of spam to find legitimate posts so, I'm leaving DDO, I have to find another site to hang out on.

Goodbye, it's been fun
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:25:33 PM
At 6/15/2018 3:00:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
I have to say goodbye to DDO, sadly I don't want to leave but it's just too much of a hassle to have to scroll through 27 pages of spam to continue conversations in the sports forum, in 5 minutes there are literally 20 pages of spam, so even if I go to reply to a post in 5 minutes I can't find it.

It's the same on all forums except for the religion forum where the nuts keep the conversations going every few seconds so they can stay ahead of the spam. But even the debate topics get buried by the spam, and I'm just tired of wading through the mounds of spam to find legitimate posts so, I'm leaving DDO, I have to find another site to hang out on.

Goodbye, it's been fun

You don't have to leave. I hate that there is spam too I'm just wondering whatever happened to the moderator that took care of all that. We need that system to do its job.
~Family of 4 Forever~
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:28:48 PM
At 6/15/2018 3:25:33 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

You don't have to leave. I hate that there is spam too I'm just wondering whatever happened to the moderator that took care of all that. We need that system to do its job.

I would like to stay but the spam is really irritating
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:37:26 PM
At 6/15/2018 3:28:48 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

I've been considering this as well, but it's not just the spam but the azzholes who are perpetually angry, condescending and intolerant. Having a conversation is all i was really after and that's how it use to be, but no longer and it's getting tiresome. Probably time to move on.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:42:36 PM
At 6/15/2018 3:37:26 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

I've been considering this as well, but it's not just the spam but the azzholes who are perpetually angry, condescending and intolerant. Having a conversation is all i was really after and that's how it use to be, but no longer and it's getting tiresome. Probably time to move on.

I haven't exactly been active very much but I'm trying to make time for this site. Its still good but people just misuse it. I think if people had a different approach we could save this place.
~Family of 4 Forever~
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:43:58 PM

Goodbye, it's been fun

What azzholes are you talking about? because every website has those
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:49:11 PM
Trust me i understand but i think you should stay and help create new threads to look at.
~Family of 4 Forever~
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:53:42 PM
At 6/15/2018 3:43:58 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

hangout in the politics and religion forum and you'll be able to tell, their intolerance for different opinions and people who disagree with them becomes obvious pretty quickly. There's no reason to be disrespectful just because you disagree with someone. This is a very low class place currently.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 3:54:59 PM
At 6/15/2018 3:42:36 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

I haven't exactly been active very much but I'm trying to make time for this site. Its still good but people just misuse it. I think if people had a different approach we could save this place.

it's too late, many of the decent people have left or gone m.i.a. and most of the actives ...well I have little good to say and we'll leave it at that.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 4:00:32 PM
At 6/15/2018 3:53:42 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

hangout in the politics and religion forum and you'll be able to tell, their intolerance for different opinions and people who disagree with them becomes obvious pretty quickly. There's no reason to be disrespectful just because you disagree with someone. This is a very low class place currently.

I agree with you, that is why I don't usually hang out in those forums, some people can be very intolerant if you don't agree with them. That is why I usually hang out in Sports, Society, Personal, Miscellaneous and Debate.org forums. I mean this is a debate site, we are supposed to be debating different views not bashing people. For me I just like to chat and have fun, I don't really take anything seriously in life anyways, life is too short for that.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 4:02:38 PM
At 6/15/2018 4:00:32 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

I agree with you, that is why I don't usually hang out in those forums, some people can be very intolerant if you don't agree with them. That is why I usually hang out in Sports, Society, Personal, Miscellaneous and Debate.org forums. I mean this is a debate site, we are supposed to be debating different views not bashing people. For me I just like to chat and have fun, I don't really take anything seriously in life anyways, life is too short for that.

exactly, this is the slow season at work so it use to give me something entertaining to do, and I would actually learn some stuff in the process, those days are all but gone, it's quickly becoming not worth it any longer.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 4:12:06 PM
At 6/15/2018 4:02:38 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 6/15/2018 4:00:32 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

exactly, this is the slow season at work so it use to give me something entertaining to do, and I would actually learn some stuff in the process, those days are all but gone, it's quickly becoming not worth it any longer.

C'mon we can't lose you, just ignore the douchebags, the rest of us don't want you to leave, you provide good material on here
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 4:25:20 PM
At 6/15/2018 3:54:59 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 6/15/2018 3:42:36 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

it's too late, many of the decent people have left or gone m.i.a. and most of the actives ...well I have little good to say and we'll leave it at that.

I understand... I'm sorry to hear that.
~Family of 4 Forever~
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 9:24:37 PM

lol, it's crazy. I mean, I literally would volunteer to sit down and click click click the spam away and to close spam accounts as they pop up. And I'm on summer break, so I literally have all the time in the world. Shi.t even during the school year, I could do it between classes, give me something to do as I sit in the library putzing around doing nothing.

It's like you try to find a thread in a forum and it's buried in spam, it's like where is it? So long as this spam exists, DDO will be a shadow of its former self. It's disgraceful.

Goodbye, it's been fun
Goldtop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2018 2:27:07 PM

Goodbye, it's been fun

Did you just pull an Inferno?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2018 3:05:54 PM
At 6/18/2018 2:27:07 PM, Goldtop wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

Yeah, I realized I did, my bad, I'm just tired of pages and pages of spam, but I like DDO, don't want to really leave, the community is great, BUT the spam is driving me nuts, especially in the Sports forum. We try to have a nice baseball discussion and every 5 minutes I go back to the sports forum I have to scroll through 15 pages of spam. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!
Goldtop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2018 10:54:09 PM
At 6/18/2018 3:05:54 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

Yeah, I realized I did, my bad, I'm just tired of pages and pages of spam, but I like DDO, don't want to really leave, the community is great, BUT the spam is driving me nuts, especially in the Sports forum. We try to have a nice baseball discussion and every 5 minutes I go back to the sports forum I have to scroll through 15 pages of spam. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!

I'm hearing you on FM, dude.

Speaking of Inferno, maybe this guy?

http://www.debate.org...
Cadmium7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 12:58:58 AM
At 6/18/2018 3:05:54 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

But they are advertising chemistry books!

You see...spam can be educational.
Love to be right in the waves
Of your love enchanted with a touch
And it seems to me
We could sail together
In and out of mystery
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2018 1:13:16 PM

Goodbye, it's been fun

I found Reddit, the spam here was too much, bye everyone
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2018 1:31:15 PM
At 6/22/2018 1:13:16 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

Have travels!
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2018 1:31:34 PM
At 6/22/2018 1:31:15 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/22/2018 1:13:16 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Goodbye, it's been fun

Have travels!

Happy* XD
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2018 10:41:21 PM
I have to say goodbye to DDO

Tah for now then. Perhaps we'll meet again someday.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2018 1:00:17 PM
At 6/23/2018 10:41:21 PM, Leaning wrote:
I have to say goodbye to DDO

Tah for now then. Perhaps we'll meet again someday.

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.